Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you change Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Okay, you have just been made President In Charge of Wizard101. You have been playing the game since it went live, (Beta is nice but when it goes live, things change.), so you know the workings of the system. What would you do to change it? What would you do to make it the best game on the web? You own the Bronze, now its time to get the Gold....

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
MasterCowboy wrote:
Okay, you have just been made President In Charge of Wizard101. You have been playing the game since it went live, (Beta is nice but when it goes live, things change.), so you know the workings of the system. What would you do to change it? What would you do to make it the best game on the web? You own the Bronze, now its time to get the Gold....

Where do you honestly begin?
First off, I'd have worlds constantly being designed: Number 1 priority.

Secondly, you'd have to raise the level cap and bring new spells into the game.. It just gets boring and has gotten boring.

I'd also demand that the bugs be fixed before it had even breached a 2 week point. This -1 bug has been going on a while and it hasn't even been attempted to be fixed.

A new style of dueling. This going first/going second thing is ridiculously unfair. If it was my business, I'd probably be sitting around thinking of the best way possible to fix this.

Come out with new GEAR! Wow, this gear is SO dull. And the new gear they had come out with costs a lot of gold, or just a lot of crowns.

New mounts. Why not introduce a new mount every other week? What is the problem here? It's bad enough they cost a lot of crowns, but a lot of gold as well.

Change the matchmaking system, ASAP. Based off of RANK, not the points you have. Warlords matched with warlords/commanders. Commanders matched up with warlords/captains. Captains matched up with commanders/knights and so forth. Also, THE LEVEL. SO many people have brought this up to KI, yet nothing has been done. 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 and so forth.

Make sure that you can only wear commander gear at commander or warlord, period.

Make the worlds more interactive.

At the cost of GOLD (hard to believe), you can change your appearance, hair style and so forth.
At the cost of Crowns or a high price of gold (easy to believe) you can change your name if you want.

There's probably a lot more, but I'll end with this:
I'd listen to the customers complaints, and then I'd go test them myself with other people hidden as I'm not a KI staff member. I'd understand why people are complaining about spells like wild bolt and I'd do something to fix it.
There's a reason why there's a word called NERFING. You nerf bad spells to make them better and more fair for everyone.

This "business" needs to think more of pleasing their customers and not grabbing money from their customers. I've never paid for a game I had to pay monthly, and this will definitely be the last one, worst experience yet.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Woot! I'm President of Wizard101! I've finally surpassed Professor Ambrose. First thing I'd do is celebrate my promotion and throw a huge party at KingsIsle! After the fun and games is over, then the real work would start.

I'd reintroduce the old Crowns gear, available for crowns only, or from drops by the last boss of each world, Lord Nightshade, Krokopatra, Katzenstein, Jade Oni, and introduce new "old" crowns gear for Dragonspyre to be dropped by Malistaire. There would be a 45+ requirement, but all of them available for all schools. Each would give a 7 pip spell the school that their health corresponds to (Rebirth, Storm Lord, Fire Dragon, Scarecrow, etc.) The one with lowest health would give Storm Lord, the one with Highest Health would gives Frost Giant, and so forth.

Next, would be make overs! Players would be able to trade their crowns for a makeover, meaning that they could change their hairstyle, hair color, skin color, face, and their under-robe colors, as well as being able to choose not to wear an under hat, to show off their new hairstyle, which will be made more plentiful.
Normal clothes would also be made available, rather than just the robes, meaning people would get to wear pants, shorts, skirts, t-shirts, and other stuff of the sort.

Then, I'd have the team focus on designing, testing, and releasing a test realm for the next world, which will hopefully be Celestia. Celestia would be a space themed world.

Along with the release of Celestia would come a new triangle of Magics, Astral, which another part of the team would work on, making sure everything was balanced, and not overpowerful. It would be broken into 3 schools, Sun, Moon, and Space. Sun would focus on Light, Moon on Shadow, and Space on Gravity manipulation.

Also, a new world would mean increasing the level cap, so new spells would have to be created for all schools. I would especially work on designing a new attack on all spell for Life school, because that is one of my biggest regrets about the life school, it's lack of attacking spells.

New levels, and a new world, would mean new clothing. I would work on designing some new and exciting gear, that gives high bonuses, and some weaknesses. Bonuses that give what a school is lacking, and take what the school already has. For example, I'd give a storm only robe that gives +700 health and +20% accuracy, but -20% storm damage and gives Triton. There would be an Ice only robe that gives +45% ice damage and +10% accuracy, but -350 health and -5% resist, and gives Frost Giant.
These robes would bring a different angle for each school to fight from and will be dropped from the final boss of Celestia, Ratskrad, and his dear friend, the ghost of Malistaire.

The next project would be a new "BriskBreeze tower" for Krokotopia, which would have a requirement of level 60. It would be located in the temple of storms. Like how the gauntlet of woe gave new rings for each school, the gauntlet of despair would give new athames for each school, which give health, +15% power pips, and a +7% attack bonus for their respective school.

Next thing I'd do is get Staff/Player interaction. I'd hold events at least biweekly what would get players and staff members together.
I'd also introduce a different kind of contest called "Find the Magic Broomstick." Each week, a magical broomstick would be hidden somewhere throughout the spiral, in non-obvious places. The first 1000 people to find it would receive their choice of 100 crowns, 5000 coins, or 1000 experience. A counter on the main page would show how many people have found it so far, and the first person to find it would have the reward multiplied by 10! That's 1000 crowns, 50000 coins, or 10000 experience, as well as have their name posted on the Find the Broomstick page, and obtain a new badge "Master Seeker," and have their name appear in gold to everyone. The other 999 people would obtain a new badge as well, "Hide and Seek"

Another thing I'd do is update the message boards, I'd allow people to choose from a variety of Avatars, as well as to create their own signature. Also, people with over 100 posts, and no offenses will have their post up right away, rather than go through a moderator.

I'd also introduce a stricter punishment for rule breakers. People who use offensive language WILL be muted for 24 hours on the first offense, 5 days for a second, 2 weeks for a third, and permanently for a fourth.
People who scam others out of treasure cards will have trading privileges suspended for a week, and people who scam out of crowns items will have their gifting privileges suspended for a month.

The last thing I'd do is introduce is an auction system. It would cost 25 crowns to put something up for auction. The auction would be available for everyone to bid on, and would last for 24 hours. The winner of the auction would receive the item the same way you receive a gift, so that it doesn't accidentally disappear if your backpack and bank is full. This would be a great way for people to sell items that cost a lot of money in the bazaar, but can't be sold there. People would also be able to sell items like Crowns items that they might have 2 of there and make some money off of it. KingsIsle would also make a lot of money off of this because it would be a very popular thing among us players.

I kept coming up with more and more ideas!! So, I'm going to stop now lol.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I'm surprised that no mention about creating an access allow teleporting request, such as that with the friends quest. If some one wishes to teleport to you, a screen would come up asking " "Your Friend" wishes to teleport to you. Allow Request - Yes/No."

Also, maybe after 3-4 rounds, the field would be locked for anyone jumping into a battle without the current fighters permission. A statement would come up: This battle is alreay in progress. Wizard name, wishes to join battle. Allow Request - Yes/No."

I would also allow everyone to have access to text chat and if infrigements have occurred, placed them on menu chat or at least expand the phrasing of menu chat to make it more easier to communicate with others. I do understand the reasons behind menu chat, so I am not against it.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Let me first put my remarks in perspective by telling you that I am an older player (grown kids) and this is my first experience with online gaming. I am on my first Wizard, Level 16. So I am not a "sophisticated" gamer and my suggestion might not seem like much, but I really enjoy player interaction. I would create meeting places on each world, available to players according to age. Older players would have access to pubs, teens to coffee houses and younger players to soda shops, where you could just relax, meet people your age and have fun. There are endless possibilities -- buy your friends a treat, buy yourself a trinket, meet to form teams, maybe even dance or sing karaoke! It would be fun to just take a break from fighting once in a while, without having to just stand in the Commons with nothing to do. And you would be pretty sure of meeting someone you could relate to and have a conversation with if it were separated by age.