Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TEXT CHAT ONLY

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2009
I realize that there are many players out there that are underage or for whatever reason do not have text chat or open chat. But I would really prefer that either the powers that be separate them into realms that only they use, or allow us to have a chance to block them from jumping in to our fights.

It is nearly impossible to coordinate attacks with these people, and can sometimes get you killed when you are about to win the fight, low on health points, and some noob with menu chat only just walks right in without asking.

Perhaps the problem may even be solved entirely by having separate realms for different ages. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be in a dungeon when suddenly all the people you are with says that their parents said that they have to go to bed.

Then there is the problem of having befriended someone only to get to the point where they tell you they don't have enough crowns to buy the next area. So, while you are at it, can you separate them out to different servers as well?

I would be happy to pay a little extra every month for a little extra attention on these matters. I spend a good amount every month buying crowns as well.

I am not saying that I dislike my gaming experience, but it would certainly make it better for the continually paying members if you made a few small changes to the realm, and what group of people plays in them.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I agree! Especially in PvP, it is almost impossible to win with people that have menu chat! And, when i'm in a boss fight and i'm almost dead, i ask a friend to port to me and help so, i have the same problem when my friends say, "Sorry, I don't have enough crowns."

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
I know, right? It is so hard to do pvp when all of your team is menu chat exept for you. I wish they would maybe just separate it a little :?

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
tottaly agree with all of you it is so hard to be in a fight or tell someone something when they dont have text chat!!! also it is a pain in the but when they tell you they have to go to bed ugh!

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
im under age for text chat and i think that they should make it so that every one can use text chat because it is so annoying when u want to say something to people and it isnt in the menu chat :(

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I think it should remain as it is. Except with more options in Menu Chat. It should be made clear though somewhere were it is really easy to read what the different icons mean by the name.

If I am right this is what they mean:
[X] can only use and receive menu chat.
[ ] can use open chat though it is censored heavily.(may be wrong on this one.)
No Icon = can use any chat and are a lot less censored.

Learning to get along with people with disabilities is a part of life. Segregating them just to make a persons life easier is wrong and should be fought at all times.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
I completely agree, but especially with the part about people walking into fights when they didn't even ask, and also when it happens if all they have is text chat.

Actually I made another thread not so long ago suggesting that battles can be locked:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/unwatch/12995.ftl

I also do think that different realms for different age players and/or text chat, open chat realms, would be a great idea!

Like you I spend a lot in crowns on this game and do feel we who do deserve a little better experience than we get in some of these cases. That said, however, I am not sure about forcing crown players or unsubscribed players into their own realms. I do have an adult friend, as well as two younger friends who can not keep up their subscriptions all the time, the adult player is a crown player and isn't on as much...but when he is on I don't want to have to be stuck unable to go hang out with him.

With my younger friends I just know they are not always going to be able to be where I am and I don't expect them to, really I like to solo most of the time anyway. When they are on I help them out when they need but they are not the types to ask all the time....which is really annoying when people do ask too much...lol. But at least I can go hang out with these people when they are on, whether they are able to be in certain areas or not. They are not people that can be on as often as I am, so I am happy when I do see them.

Anyway, yes; I do wish they would make it so that people would HAVE TO ask before even being allowed in a battle that is already in progress, or just make it so you can lock the battle and allow in who you want and no one else can jump in.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
first, dragonninjamaster, have the person that pays for your game enable parental control and give you text chat

second, KI, why not a seperate starting zone where all the people that dont have krok yet can go? i mean, it seems like the people without text/open chat dont go past triton since they cant pay for the other areas. As for the ones that do go past triton, the only idea i have is trying to get there parents to enable text chat on their accounts

third, those of you with friends that use crowns, if you are annoyed when they cant port, remove them and get friends who have a subscription. Also, if your friends have to go to bed....just get friends that are older and can stay up later?

i hope i atleast solved some of the problems listed in this thread...
~Valdus FireFlame GM Necro
~Richard BattleBlade Master Sorcerer

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
dragonninjamaster , the reason you don't have text chat is to protect you. I know that it is inconvenient for you,but it is also inconvenient for those who have text chat to communicate with you. Keep in mind that this is a family oriented site and the safety of the people who play on it always will come first. :)

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
RedBirdChaos wrote:
I think it should remain as it is. Except with more options in Menu Chat. It should be made clear though somewhere were it is really easy to read what the different icons mean by the name.

If I am right this is what they mean:
[X] can only use and receive menu chat.
[ ] can use open chat though it is censored heavily.(may be wrong on this one.)
No Icon = can use any chat and are a lot less censored.

Learning to get along with people with disabilities is a part of life. Segregating them just to make a persons life easier is wrong and should be fought at all times.
the blank one means text chat only no offence lol

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
dragonninjamaster wrote:
im under age for text chat and i think that they should make it so that every one can use text chat because it is so annoying when u want to say something to people and it isnt in the menu chat :(

Then my parents won't let me play :'(

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
I would feel ditched if i was separated by everyone else just because i dont have text chat. I wouldnt be able to play with my friends that have text chat. My parents wont allow it for me or my sis that is older than me, but that minor difference shouldnt make me and the other menu chat ppl be left alone. I understand the frusteration you might have to deal with, but we cant help it, its not our choice.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
i get friend requests every single day. a lot from people who have menu chat. my advice is to say no to the menu chat people who want them to be your friend.

and if anyone is a menu chatter in PVP, get outta there as quick as possible. thats what i did in a dungeon.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Honestly, text chat is so censored that I can't see the problem with a younger person using it. You can't even type numbers...

I, personally, would not have a problem if they did away with the menu chat system all together. It's unnecessary when you already have a chat system that blocks unapproved words and phrases.

And if a child is not mature enough, because often it's not about age which is why I am thoroughly against age restrictions, to understand what information you should and should not give out on the internet I'm not sure they are mature enough to play this game in the first place.