Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

*~Death Students Club~*

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
Welcome fellow Death Students. This is a place for you to talk about anything death! Share your thougts, adventures, your best moves, your funniest moments, anything! As long as it's death realated of course.

Please share your name, and your current rank as a Death Wizard. (If you dont know your rank, just give your level. Example of ranks are: Grandmaster, Master, Magus, Adept, ect.)

I hope this will bring the attention of our Death teacher, see what he has to say about being a Death teacher, and other stuff.

Enjoy!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Hi, I'm a Apprentice Death wizard named Jeremy Shadowflame. So far Death Wizards are pretty awesome

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
Sweet, cool man. I am a Magus Necromancer right now. The spells we get are pretty tight, so stick with it man.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2008
Colin Soulhunter ~ Magus (30) Necromancer

Whats everyones Second School? Mine is Myth, mainly for good damage.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
i cant find the graveyard for the quest is there a graveyard if there is tell me were please

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
im level 10 and my name is cris shadowwraith i realy need the grave stone were is it?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Valdus Shadowblood, Magus Necromancer, Sunken City Survivor.

Well, practicing the dark magic of death for a long time, I have to say that the life sucking spells are just a bit underpowered. I mean, wraith, our second best life stealing spell only does 500 damage... Sure, you should be boosting yourself with deathblades and deathtraps on the way to that staggering 6 pips, but it still seems a little bit underwhelming compared to the other schools' 5/6 pip spells. And also, this has already been posted, but why not spread it? I think that doom and gloom should be changed to +50% to all life stealing spells as its current effect is mainly only usable in the arena.

Anyways, to quote Malorn, "The death school is the best!" What's cooler than being able to control death? Other than controlling all the elements, nothing, I say. Necromancers are unbeatable!!!! :D

Oh and one last thing. What did you guys choose as your secondary class? I choose storm for some good solid damage.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
I choose Fire cause it has some sick card like the phoenix and the elephant card. and also because I can call my class "DeathFlame"

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
I am a lvl 10 Necromancer , and I love it !! I like the fact I can offset death spells with a storm wand and fire cat spell ring ( i believe or necklace-whichever one you know what I am talking about). But I still haven't chosen my 2nd subclass spells..I am thinking storm for the damage. It would be kind of cool to have a myth like pet that you can summon and help you fight...such as a skeleton or even a little goblin that cast spells. That would be awesome ! How bout even a spell that summons a big pile of bones that a goblin or DARK ELF sneezes in tornado fashion effecting the enemy.... or have the bones telekinetically swirl in a large circle and bombards itself on all enemies or just one for damage... maybe have it as a 3 -4 pip spell ?
Notsure-- just sharing ( that's what we here for )

Anyway -- love the Death Wizards !!

Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
Valkoor Shadowhunter,Level 48 Master Necromancer,Sword Saint...
Anyone gotten Lifebane yet?I've yet to get it yet,the quest for Scarecrow is currently inaccessible for those who'd like to know,my 2nd school is Storm :D...

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
Hello! I'm Fallon Soulshard! A Magus Necromancer currently at level 30. I also have storm spells because they are the most powerful! ;D I usually play on Wu or Greyrose so if you see me around, don't be afraid to say hi! :D

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
macquis wrote:
I am a lvl 10 Necromancer , and I love it !! I like the fact I can offset death spells with a storm wand and fire cat spell ring ( i believe or necklace-whichever one you know what I am talking about). But I still haven't chosen my 2nd subclass spells..I am thinking storm for the damage. It would be kind of cool to have a myth like pet that you can summon and help you fight...such as a skeleton or even a little goblin that cast spells. That would be awesome ! How bout even a spell that summons a big pile of bones that a goblin or DARK ELF sneezes in tornado fashion effecting the enemy.... or have the bones telekinetically swirl in a large circle and bombards itself on all enemies or just one for damage... maybe have it as a 3 -4 pip spell ?
Notsure-- just sharing ( that's what we here for )

Anyway -- love the Death Wizards !!

Well, at around level 30 or so, when you go to Marleybone, you get a spell that allows you to summon a monster to aid you in battle. So death already has a little Myth in it.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
Hello there fellow Death Wizards.
I am Valdus ShadowThorn (lvl 11)
I just started a few days ago and I have to say I am really having a good time. I like the death school of magic, I find life steal a useful power, but I have to agree that sometimes it feels like the damage it deals is low and then the life steal is half of that, but I am not really complaing, I am glad we get it.
I am looking forward to the summon/minion and other spells you have mentioned.
I am still trying to figure out my second school (i am hesitant to go with storm or fire due to the higher fizz rate and that I would have to have two sets of spell school buffs to use both school offensively). So I am waiting until I can see how different spells work with each other before I commit to my second school.
I don't think I saw an answer to the tombstone question. It is on the side of the big tower building in the haunted cave, which is at the end of triton avenue.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
hi im lvl 19 i am death and balance {mostly death} i need help in scunkin city can someone help me please cry.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2008
I am Michelle fairyPetal and nice to meet you. This the first character I have tried with death school and I like it so far. I am trying fire as my secondary. I am afraid I haven't leveled my character very high because I am only getting an hour or two a day to play right now. Got a lot going on in my life.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2008
I'm Death Storm, currently level 12. I just got the quest to talk to the Death Tree in Nightside but I can't get in. Is there other things I need to do before I can enter?

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
"The death school is the best!" (Quote copied from Malorn Ashthorn)
I agree. The death school is and will always be the best. Oh, and im a lowly Initiate. (lv 12) You'll find me at either Krok, Collosuss Boulveyard, Ravenwood, or Nightside. And I hope Malistaire will see how much we like the death side of life.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
"The death school is the best!" (Quote copied from Malorn Ashthorn)

Hunter Soul ~ Master Necro Level 45 Jade Blade

My Second school is Fire, but have found that I dont use the cards, except to make treasure cards adding accurate to phoniex, metoer, and helephant. Still have eight training points waiting for Dragonsypre, so i can learn scarecrow.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
Hiya
Gavin Iceslinger Level 45 Death. i'm liking death school alot, kill the enemy and do a little healing at the same time, can't ask for much more than that. in beta i was an Ice wizard but only got up to level 33

Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Well, at around level 30 or so, when you go to Marleybone, you get a spell that allows you to summon a monster to aid you in battle. So death already has a little Myth in it.

Every school gets a Minion. So far, that I know of:

Balance - a Mander; tends to cast various buffs and shields on you and your allies, occasionally breaks out an attack like Locust Swarm

Life - a Sprite; spends a lot of time healing you (and your allies).

Death - variable; Animate Dead is an "X Pips" spell; 1 or 2 pips give you a Dark Fairy, 3 or 4 gives a Ghoul, 5 or 6 gives a Banshee, and I suspect it keeps going from there. Remember, with Power Pips, you can cast a spell that is up to fourteen pips in strength, from your native School ...!

(I played a Death mage in Beta, actually.)

Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
elihiott wrote:
How do you select a second school?

You don't "select" it, not in any officially-recognised way.

When people talk about "their second school", what they generally mean is "the school I've decided to spend most/all of my Training Points on".

Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
I am a journeyman lvl 18 wizard,death but i use storm balance and myth sometimes.

I had this one moment when i was using my treasure card,ninja pig.When i was using it my computer froze as the pigs were ramming the enemy,so what i saw was 3 pigs headbutting a tree.(it happened in mooshu and that tree was a unfortunate confused forest warrior.)

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
Dragonfire1010 wrote:
Valdus Shadowblood, Magus Necromancer, Sunken City Survivor.

Well, practicing the dark magic of death for a long time, I have to say that the life sucking spells are just a bit underpowered. I mean, wraith, our second best life stealing spell only does 500 damage... Sure, you should be boosting yourself with deathblades and deathtraps on the way to that staggering 6 pips, but it still seems a little bit underwhelming compared to the other schools' 5/6 pip spells. And also, this has already been posted, but why not spread it? I think that doom and gloom should be changed to +50% to all life stealing spells as its current effect is mainly only usable in the arena.

Anyways, to quote Malorn, "The death school is the best!" What's cooler than being able to control death? Other than controlling all the elements, nothing, I say. Necromancers are unbeatable!!!! :D

Oh and one last thing. What did you guys choose as your secondary class? I choose storm for some good solid damage.

Ok I Have A Death/Flame Student And A Storm/Ice Wizard You May Say Death Is Weak
BUT! Storm Is Strong But Has More Of A Chance Of Failure
While death Have Higher Chances Of Sucess AND It Drains Health
Fire And Ice Are Almost The Same
As For The Others They Are Balanced :D

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
Hi my guys name is Duncan Deathbringer :D and i am a level 27 necromancer its cool and im just starting marleybone so ya you might see me there in ambrose.