Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire's IceFlame Tunic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Hello. I am a grandmaster of ice. i have fought malistaire about twenty times and still haven't received his iceflame tunic. can someone please help explain this situation to me. i haven't even received a ring or athame from the gurtok bosses in his dungeon. i am desperate because i have limited one month membership and wanna get something before this ends. please help me.

Thank You

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
It's just luck. I got the Iceflame Tunic on my second try. I can do a few runs with you if you want.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
That is my problem. All my other friends got there robes there first or second try and i still haven't received it. this is not fair for me!!!!

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I have quite a few grand masters, and two in each school. Ice has to be one of the most difficult schools to gear up (second only to Storm). I have a chicken box farm and a giant rock collection for all my Ice grand masters due to the poor representation of this school being dropped in Malistair's lair.

I have a theory that seems to be holding. There are seven schools and seven days, each day of the week is predominately represented in the drops by one school from a boss. This does not mean that the gurtoks and the jacket will all be one school, but that a single boss drops a particular school more often on that one day of the week. Try hitting the lair around two or three times every day, it worked for me in getting that elusive Ice jacket. By the way, I spent three full weeks hitting that lair nonstop, around 16 hours each day (I was a determined camper) to gear up my accounts. Some items are just worth the effort. :-) Just be thankful the items are now trade so you can give them to your wizards before they reach that level. Best of luck and I hope this helped.

On the side, I have a friend that has spent a year waiting for her Storm Jacket (along with spending tons of crown at the chest) with no luck until she tried the 2 to 3 times each day route.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
I have a few character but only one of them is a grand. Depending on what item you're looking for, everything can depend on chance. Or in my case, I had my lucky Jade Dragon Amulet on while I was playing the game. I'm not say to go out and buy something that is lucky but, maybe it would help. Oh and one other way is to use a spell on the creature that drops the item you're looking for that is the same type(this kind of works when the creature doesnt have high resist of it's own kind of magic).

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
In this whole game i probably got lucky only once. The time when i ported to a friend and got the Longblade of the Homunculus

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I dont have dragon....well what ever its name is so i cant answer your question.
the only question I have is what level do you get this world.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
I got it buy wasting 50 crowns on the Malistaire Item Chest. First try ^.^

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I finally reached the end of the game today. First time through I got the Ice Tunic. I'm fire so it's worthless to me. If I play again I will not play as ice so I'm not sure what to do with it.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Shihab314 wrote:
Hello. I am a grandmaster of ice. i have fought malistaire about twenty times and still haven't received his iceflame tunic. can someone please help explain this situation to me. i haven't even received a ring or athame from the gurtok bosses in his dungeon. i am desperate because i have limited one month membership and wanna get something before this ends. please help me.

Thank You
i can help i am a fire so i need the gurtok rings and athame and the coat

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
I've never got my robe from malistare but I got my dagger on my first or second try from battling the ice gurtok dude that looks like a helephant.
Michael Sprite Shard lvl 50 Grandmaster Master Of Fire

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Tell ME about it. Me 2. I haven't got my Wrathful Wrap from Malistaire!
I would be honord 2 help you with Malistaire

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Sure, I'll run it with you a few times, or a lot till you'll get. Maybe I'll get mine,too!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Shihab314 wrote:

Thank You

When I went through, after battling the Elephant Demons of Ice and Fire, if you have the crowns, spend 50 crowns in each. The game has a tendency of giving items after defeating Malistaire of the opposing magic.

My first time I got the IceFlame Tunic, but also a Gurtok Fire Ring.

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice Wizard