Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

black lotus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
trying to find black lotus is a pain i go into tree of life and i can only find one at a time i need 20 of them at this rate it will be for ever do you know anywere else to get it

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
JohnnysGirl wrote:
trying to find black lotus is a pain i go into tree of life and i can only find one at a time i need 20 of them at this rate it will be for ever do you know anywere else to get it

I know where to find some. its called the bazaar and you can find anything there

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
Same here! I posted a topic like this, I tried all the dead-ends where boss houses are and no luck. I only found 1 black lotus.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
black lotus can be found all over Mooshu. You have a better chance of finding them early, before the realms start getting populated. If you check near the bosses' houses you can find them there. I know they are a lot in the Cave of Solitude. The earlier you are on, the more likely you are to find them.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
firesword52 wrote:
JohnnysGirl wrote:

I know where to find some. its called the bazaar and you can find anything there

Not really. The bazaar BARELY has any black lotus.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
DarkStorm824 wrote:
firesword52 wrote:
JohnnysGirl wrote:

Not really. The bazaar BARELY has any black lotus.

I was on at 8:30ish pm last night and there were black lotus no one was buying.

I have run many characters through MS, and usually, if you are observant, can get enough black lotus (only 20 needed for the MS quest) by the time you finish the world to do the MS crafting.

I think the major problem now are the reagent farmers who run the realms grabbing up all the reagents to sell, rather than leave them for others to finish quests.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
DarkStorm824 wrote:
Same here! I posted a topic like this, I tried all the dead-ends where boss houses are and no luck. I only found 1 black lotus.

OK -- here is my favorite black lotus run. I'll describe it in detail for those who snuck into Mooshu before they even finished Marleybone (like my Fire wizard did.)

From Mooshu commons (where the shoppes are), go West to the war-torn Hametsu village. Take the left exit from Hametsu village to the Tatakai outpost.

Explore Tatakai to activate all of the jump gates.

The Black Lotus -- when they can be found -- are to the left and right of houses, not just the ones at the cul-de-sacs. You will find some Lotus quite close to the warp gates.

You can construct a route that involves switching realms about every minute. My route takes a little-bit longer, but hits more houses:

From the hub, warp through the blue gate, and walk/fly right to the cul-de-sac, harvest lotus if you find them, switch realms. Harvest again, walk back to the blue gate, warp to the hub. "Peek" at the green road by warping through the green gate, harvest, warp right back to the hub, and warp to the yellow gate and harvest.

Each time you warp or switching realms, you should wait a second before looking on both sides of the house. Either I have hit the new realm right when a new one spawned, or there is sometimes a slight delay in transmitting information that a Lotus is there.

From the yellow gate, you can either:

(1) walk to the next house, turn right to the next cul-de-sac, harvest, switch realms and start walking back to the gate, warp to the hub, peek at the green cul-de-sac again, and repeat the whole cycle

or :

(2) warp back to the hub, warp to the blue gate, and walk LEFT to find the cul-de-sac on the right in the blue world. Switch realms, harvest, and head back for the blue gate, warp to the hub. Peek at the yellow and green cul-de-sacs again, then repeat the whole cycle.

Both routes end up hitting the same number of houses. If you find yourself frustrated at the lack of Black Lotus on the yellow road, you can keep walking the entire path of the blue road. If I like the harvest at the yellow cul-de-sac, I will walk the entire road. You can even walk the green road -- it may not have as many houses per unit of time, but it might yield more Lotus during busy times as the road less traveled.

---

I set up a similar walk in the Ancient Burial Grounds, where there is a very short walk from cul-de-sac to cul-de-sac, but keep peeking at the other gates in the middle.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I've found EASILY over 20. Go into MooShu, and go into like Hamestu Village, Tatataki Outpost etc: and go to where there are some boss battles, and look behind little barrels/carts. There are some there. Or in Jade Palace, look by the Pagoda. They are some there!

~ Rogan DuskWhisper (Grandmaster of Storm)
~ Rogan DuskWhisper (Grandmaster of Balance)
~ Jonathan WildVault (Master of Nature)
~ Sloan AshGarden (Magus Necromancer)