Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Decomposion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
Transmutation is cool but I have wondered if there was a way to add a feature to do it in reverse.
In this way when you find a rare regredient you could break it down in the reverse of its transmutation.
If this is a good idea please let me know about it.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I think it's a great idea. I was thinking this exact thing. I needed scrap iron, and had 2 springs. It would be a great thing to add, and it won't exactly make things much easier because of the amount of work it take to obtain those rare reagents.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
This would be great to add and you are right it would not necessarily make it easier but give you another option, another way to get the regents needed for crafting. :)

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
It's a cool idea, but it wouldn't work. The physics of alchemy prevent breaking down a small and rare item into something large and plentiful. Even if it could work, whatever was produced would be tiny. Decomposing one little spring would produced 15 teensy weensy piles of scrap iron. I suppose you could try chaos magic instead of reverse alchemy though; enchanted entropy might be enough to revert a complex object to its basic parts.

HTH

PS. Please don't take this reply seriously--it's mostly gibberish. I mean no one has ever proven that chaos magic is possible beyond the theoretical realm.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
I am glad people are giving their thoughts about this. I am a big crafting wizard and am working my way to the top. If anyone has anything else to say I am all ears. Taking this further what if you had a better name for this. I am looking forward to what everyone has to say. And also I like jokes feel free to mess around. And with that said I will be waiting around wizard city. See ya.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
matvince90 wrote:
I think it's a great idea. I was thinking this exact thing. I needed scrap iron, and had 2 springs. It would be a great thing to add, and it won't exactly make things much easier because of the amount of work it take to obtain those rare reagents.
It IS a good idea, but if you need SCRAP IRON, look behind thefirst right in chelsea court. The reason I maybe think it may NOT be a good idea is many rare items are needed in crafting. If the decomposition existedbefore, I wouldn't have found the hiding place. Of course, I wouldn't NEED to. I, personally, think SCRAP IRON deservesthe name of a rare reagent in itsself :?