Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tutorial Tips Criteria - Options

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I am not sure what you have determined as the "Critical Only" vs. "All" Tutorial Tips (found under the options area of the game). Well going to Critical Only stopped the lonely Ambrose from calling me home at the wrong time, but it also stopped my professor from calling me home at level 28, 38 and 48 (not sure if this was a programming glitch or the option choice that caused this to occur).

What was considered "critical" was laughable. At level 15, Mr. Lincoln told me I had JUST collected a reagent (when I had a load of them in my backpack already), Harold Argleston told me that I could look at my spellbook for questions I might have, Diego chirped in with some other early piece of advice, and I believe it was Lydia Greyrose that chimed in about low mana or life (which is a totally useless information at level 15). All of these are level 1 to 5 type messages that are coming up. I was level 43 when the message that I had low life first showed up. What did not show up was a reminder at level 16 to go home and pick up some new spells and at level 18 to go see the prof for a new school quest. Aren't these a bit more critical than those level one notices.

OK OK enough complaining, how about the adding the options of "School Quests and New Spells Only" or "NO" tutorial tips.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
If you reinstalled the game, or installed it on another computer, then all those "critical" messages that you normally receive during levels 1-5 will appear again, regardless of your wizards level.