Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seven schools but only six wizards

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I would like to be able to have the ability to create seven wizards so I can play every school. As it is right now I have a wizard in each slot. Five of them are grandmasters: Life, Death, Storm, Ice, and Balance. I had to choose between Fire and Myth for the last one. I choose Fire, but I want to play Myth as well. Maybe I am the only one but I would like to be able to create seven so I can play myth without having to delete one of the others.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
I am with you 100%!! It would seem that is something that you thought would have been done on the launch of the game. These guys at KI are VERY intelligent but it baffles me that this slipped by them! But yes I was thinking the same exact thing about a week ago. I just started playing and I wanted to GM all schools of magic but the fact that I can't actually makes me kinda upset. Lets hope this gets some attention and I am giving you a bump and a HECK YA!!! Professors can you please comment on this and give us a hint if it is something you are considering. If not could we know why as well. Thank you!

Delver
May 04, 2009
You're not the "only one". It's been asked before, but no reply yet either way...

I am maxed out too. Have six wizards. Would like to start another one without deleting any. Hope someone is listening out there.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
yeah, i got a death, life, balance, storm, myth, fire, but no ice, if we make these sevneth student things all a hot topic, i bet we can get a change, well, either that, or, or, or, idk, it is around sixth in the morning, havent sleped, since noon yesterday, tired, just posting a BUNCH of stuff on forums, and randomness has got into my head again

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Hello fellow wizards! Have you ever thought about having more than six wizards on your account? Well I have, and it is quite aggrovating how i cannot have one wizard for every school :-(. But i believe there should be seven wizards on your account. For a while, I wanted to start an Ice Wizard but my parents won't let me open another Wizard101 account. If you think this should be changed, please post below!

“See ya ‘round the Spiral,”

Matthew, lvl 60 Life
Matthew EarthHeart, lvl 32 Balance
Matthew DragonBlade, lvl 8 Death
Matthew SpiritSword, lvl 23 Myth
Matthew DragonHeart, lvl 6 Fire
Matthew ShadowEyes, lvl 9 Storm

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
So far KI allows us a max of six wizards per login but there are seven schools of magic. It would be fanstastic if KI gave us the option of having that seventh wizard. Maybe it could be released on meeting certain criteria such as having gotten some if not all six of the other wizards to at least Grand Master status, if not Legendary. Maybe it could be sold in the crown shop. However the seventh wizard could be gotten it would be awesome!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
olivia123885 wrote:
So far KI allows us a max of six wizards per login but there are seven schools of magic. It would be fanstastic if KI gave us the option of having that seventh wizard. Maybe it could be released on meeting certain criteria such as having gotten some if not all six of the other wizards to at least Grand Master status, if not Legendary. Maybe it could be sold in the crown shop. However the seventh wizard could be gotten it would be awesome!

Actually, since there are 7 schools, we should be allowed to have the 7th wizard without having to meet any criteria. But if you will notice, our classrooms are only set up for 6. It apparently would throw off the balance to have an odd desk unless they plut in 8 desks with one remaining empty.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
olivia123885 wrote:

Actually, since there are 7 schools, we should be allowed to have the 7th wizard without having to meet any criteria. But if you will notice, our classrooms are only set up for 6. It apparently would throw off the balance to have an odd desk unless they plut in 8 desks with one remaining empty.

Unless the 7th was standing and the other 6 were sitting. Currently, the selected wizard has an empty desk in the background.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
kingurz wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
olivia123885 wrote:

Unless the 7th was standing and the other 6 were sitting. Currently, the selected wizard has an empty desk in the background.

You are right Kingurz. I had not thought about that.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
There are actually three empty desks with the one wizard standing. And I agree that we should be able to get the seventh without conditions but sometimes you need to use a carrot.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
I'm really mixed up i made all the types wizards except three myth death and storm. the three best schools it's like one day i want a death wizard no I wanna cast cool minions deletes death replaces with myth na i want a death student still deletes storm makes death but i want storm i wanna overkill monsters deletes myth replaces with storm. see for me it's hard to choose between the three best schools i know what your thinking. why don't you delete one of the other people, but they are too high a level to delete plus even if i did that wouldn't fix the problem like after a while i would want it back bad and want to delete and make another and another and when i remake that type of wizard i think why din't i keep the old one see how unorganized i am with wizards the chair can be one of the seats in the corner.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
olivia123885 wrote:

Maybe Wiz101 could add in another school to fill in the eighth desk. How about Chaos? It could be the opposing school of Balance, just as Ice is to Fire, Storm to Myth, and Life to Death. But again, Pigswick beat us to it.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I'm sorry, but I really really doubt KingsIsle will add a seventh Wizard selection due to the fact that it would massively increase the file size on KingsIsle's server end. It's the same reason as to why we are limited to the number of houses each Wizard can own.

KingsIsle prides itself on low bandwidth requirements. Increasing the number of Wizards to 7 will make it so that the load and lag times would increase massively. If you think load and lag times are bad now, then double or triple it. KingsIsle would need to charge more for membership or more for crowns items or both in order to cover the extra bandwidth costs and the extra servers and hard drives and back-ups etc.

If you want to make a 7th wizard, use your 'Invite a Friend' code to create a second account. Then when you buy the first $10.00 in crowns or month of sub you get a free 1,250 Crowns on Each account. Then you can join them in a 'Family' of accounts so that both accounts are only $6.95 / month instead of $9.95. In fact, if you have both of the accounts on the Year Subscription, you can even ask KingsIsle to transfer a wizard from one account to the other so you can run your 2 favorite Wizards together.

Note: this will either require 2 Computers w/ Full Screen, or a Good Computer in Windowed mode.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Yes, it would be good if it will have seven wizards per account. But, it is important to remember that you will need to at least...choose the wizards you want, because if there will be seven wizards, with 7 kinds of schools, you won't be able to at least, choose. Wizard101 has a reason why they allow 6 wizards. And, even though I would like to have seven wizards, I still like what Wizard101 done. There still needs to be a "Choosing" factor. I'm sure some understand why Wizard101 didn't allow a Seventh Wizard.

-Robert EmeraldPyre, Legendary Pyromancer.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
The problem with this is File Size. To add a 7th wizard to each account would Exponentially increase the amount of storage space required on KingsIsle's behalf for the game, and would lead to a longer load time with every area due to the fact that the bandwidth needed will be more.

KingsIsle prides itself on being compatible with OLDER machines. You don't need a Mega Fast machine unless you're in the commons on one of the busy realms usually. Wizard101 can be played on a Dial-up connection right now. If you guys had your way you'd be looking at a lot higher system requirements and an absolute of Broadband internet.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
Of all the things I would happily spend some $$$ on it would be to have a Seventh Wizard on my account. There was a thread about this a few months ago, but it was Locked.

Kings Isle: I understand the extra resources which it would take to support this and that means that there should be a cost. Other than that though the Coding involved should be pretty trivial.

You could start the cost fairly high... say 20,000 Crowns and see how many people really want it. I would suggest you do it in such a way that if you if you drop the price in the first few months that folks who paid full price for it would be credited back the difference. Otherwise I know I would have a bit of hesitation on that score.

Or, another thing to consider might be to reduce the standard number of Wizards people get from 6 down to 4 or 3. You really do not need to offer Free To Play folks six Wizards for them to enjoy the game. Slots for extra Wizards could be purchased with Crowns in much the same way that non-Members pay for Areas. Perhaps people with an active Membership get 5 or 6 Wizard slots as one of the benefits and if their Membership lapses their youngest Wizards become "greyed out" and unusable. This woudl even allow for you to go beyond just 7 Wizards per account. Just look at about what the marginal cost of a Wizard is in terms of Storage, etc... and charge that much (+ some of course) for a new Wizard Slot. The price of it woudl make a difference of course, but if a Wizard Slot was 2000 Crowns and you reduced me to 3 Slots by default I would quite happily pay 8000 Crowns to reactivate three of the Wizards I already have now and get a 4th Slot so I could start a Pyromancer.

I believe there is more than enough demand to cover the costs of doing this and then some, but I don't have all the information to truly assess. Perhaps the "6 Wizards" is a deeply coded limitation and you have painted yourselves into a corner for all practical purposes.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
TrainBoyDad wrote:
Of all the things I would happily spend some $$$ on it would be to have a Seventh Wizard on my account. There was a thread about this a few months ago, but it was Locked.

Kings Isle: I understand the extra resources which it would take to support this and that means that there should be a cost. Other than that though the Coding involved should be pretty trivial.

You could start the cost fairly high... say 20,000 Crowns and see how many people really want it. I would suggest you do it in such a way that if you if you drop the price in the first few months that folks who paid full price for it would be credited back the difference. Otherwise I know I would have a bit of hesitation on that score.

Or, another thing to consider might be to reduce the standard number of Wizards people get from 6 down to 4 or 3. You really do not need to offer Free To Play folks six Wizards for them to enjoy the game. Slots for extra Wizards could be purchased with Crowns in much the same way that non-Members pay for Areas. Perhaps people with an active Membership get 5 or 6 Wizard slots as one of the benefits and if their Membership lapses their youngest Wizards become "greyed out" and unusable. This woudl even allow for you to go beyond just 7 Wizards per account. Just look at about what the marginal cost of a Wizard is in terms of Storage, etc... and charge that much (+ some of course) for a new Wizard Slot. The price of it woudl make a difference of course, but if a Wizard Slot was 2000 Crowns and you reduced me to 3 Slots by default I would quite happily pay 8000 Crowns to reactivate three of the Wizards I already have now and get a 4th Slot so I could start a Pyromancer.

I believe there is more than enough demand to cover the costs of doing this and then some, but I don't have all the information to truly assess. Perhaps the "6 Wizards" is a deeply coded limitation and you have painted yourselves into a corner for all practical purposes.

no they shouldnt reduce the amount of slots of wizards just so we have to buy crowns to open some back up

think of non members and every other wizard in the spiral

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Actually, if you want to say, "People will pay for a seventh spot", there is always the option of starting a second account. You can adopt this account and make a family account, saving you money and earning the right to create 6 more Wizards.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
TrainBoyDad wrote:

20.000 crowns!.That's 40 dollars in real live. I would never pay that much.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Actually, if you want to say, "People will pay for a seventh spot", there is always the option of starting a second account. You can adopt this account and make a family account, saving you money and earning the right to create 6 more Wizards.

While this option is a lot more expensive than what the original poster was intending (since you have purchase another recurring account over time or repurchase all zones over again, and not a one time fee), Darthjt's solution is the most common out of almost all MMOs. Very few MMOs actually give you enough character slots for all their classes of characters.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
I really happy you got the money to buy the crowns. A lot of people and children do not. Bad enough you pay to be a member and pay again to have things on the game.
<br />
<br /> They should have guilds for players who are members. By creating a guild would cost 40000 gold or 15000 crowns. Then those who would like to join that want to share items from drop to crown shop, regents, Treasure cards, and have parties, get togethers or work on creating could do it.
<br /> <u><b>Get rid of Gifting all together.</b></u>
<br /> To many young people tend to bug others to gift them in the commons. That keeps up it will drive good players away.
<br />
<br /> <b>Wizard101 should have a 6 to 8 type dungeon for level 60 and up.</b>
<br />
<br /> <b><span style="font-size: 15px; line-height: normal;">Now,</span> If wizards would buy a better gaming engine like the one's they use on Diablo3. I would pay a $5.00 dollar increase per month. This Game is over crouded as it is now.</b>
<br />
<br /> But, paying for an extra slot for a wizard is a waste of time. Unless you like to pay for everyone on the game who has the lack of money because thier family is unemployed and trying to make ends meet.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
Some responses....

1) My suggestion to reduce the number of Wizard Slots available for Free initially was as a way to balance the extra "load" of a seventh slot. I think KI is being generous giving us six slots and I appreciate it. You can certainly enjoy a lot of the game with fewer than that. If you are completely "Free To Play" then it really does not matter, just create those extra accounts. If you have bought Areas or have a membership though then you want all of your Wizards on one account.

2) 20K Crowns is at most $40 if you buy crown at the worst possible rate. If you wait for the periodic 60K for $60 sale then it is $20. Still quite a bit, but this game has already extracted far more from me than I would have every imagined a year ago! :-) At 20K Crowns a 7th Wizard would cost about a third of what membership does for a year. $40 vs. $120 at list price or $20 vs. $60 if you wait to buy it on sale. I just spent $70 at Xmas to buy the new Zafaria Mega Pack ($40) for one of my kids and the HawkRider Pack ($30) for the other. Pricing a seventh Wizard at $20 does not seem too far "Out if the Zone". Now I did say that I figured 20K wa sa good "upper bound". I would think more like 10-12K would be better. That would put it in line with the top end of the Permanent Mounts. Like the 10K she got for her birthday and chose to spend on a Moonlight Pony.

3) I would likely even like to see the option to have MORE than just seven Slots. Want to try your favorite school but with a different set of side spells? If you have a L70 Wizard and have spent your 30 TP, to buy them back would be 10K Crowns. Would rather have the option of adding another Wizard and Leveling him/her up through the main story and not messing with you current one? Get see how the choice would have changed things as you went through the Main Story?

I don't know what the price point on extra "wizard slots" would/should be, but I think there would be demand for it. At 5K crowns I would purchase a 7th slot tonight. At 10K I would likely do so as well. 20K is where I would really need to be asking myself "Why?" and waiting for an "Extra Wizardpaloosa"

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
Alright so this topic may have been brought up before but here it is again.
I think that wizards should have a 7th slot. Now I know that there are allot of accounts and it could slow the game down but here is my solution. It should only be available for active accounts. This could be beneficial for both sides here. There could possibly be a higher income because people buy more crowns or buy memberships more often to train all their wizards and people can have the seventh wizard for whatever they want to use it for.
I know that personally I like pets so I would have one wizard of each type so I can get school pets but some people may use it for pvp or crafting or gardening or just another wizard to level. I seriously think this should be taken into consideration. Thanks ^^

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
having a character would be good for both us gamers and creators for gamers it would let us experience the game again through another character for creators that means more cash cause it would be more people buying subscription to play in new character and in case you would more more cash then put it so new character have to be bought with crowns.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Is there any way kingslse that you can allow us to have a seventh wizard because a lot of pleyers i know wish they can have a seventh wizard because they wont to "know it all"
like every spell that can be had (ect...) can you allow us to have a seventh?