Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

unicorn in my yard

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2009
Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
Hey everybody! I have a question that i hope you can answer or explain. Everytime I go to my house (i'm over level 15) I see a unicorn in the clearing by the house. (the one surrounded by trees with the circular ground in the middle) Does this unicorn mean something? Is it a glitch? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks a lot for the help!

-nksnow :D

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I have experienced this too and i think it is just there for no real reason.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
that would be the wooded cottage? no, the unicorn comes with the house :D its a fun thing but has no reason.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I saw a unicorn at my house too! I have the small cottage from wizards city and it appears in the forest clearing. I have no idea why it is there either

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
That unicorn is not a glitch. It's just a fun thing to enjoy in a little house.
^-^
SamanthaFrostCloud, grandmaster thaumaturge

Survivor
May 05, 2010
On some of my characters which are legends I see the unicorn too. I really wish Wizard 101 would tell us what they are for , or if it is just for fun. Because if there is a purpose for the unicorn I think we are all missing it.

Administrator
The appearing Unicorn is purely decorative.

Other houses also have special events like the appearing Unicorn, but they are specific to only that type of house. Preview some of the other houses to see if you can spot them too!

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Other houses also have special events like the appearing Unicorn, but they are specific to only that type of house. Preview some of the other houses to see if you can spot them too!

really? do each of the houses you buy with gold have these kind of appearences from other creatures? what kind of creature comes with the Royal Playhouse? i've never seen anything there.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
I have the unicorn, too! It's absolutely beautiful and I am so glad KI made this available with the cottage! Thank you!

I love nature and bought the cottage as the best buy for your money. It's small but beautiful and just enough to put some furnishings in that you've won or bought. I have all my pets romping around outside and they made me smile and laugh when I'm having a bad day.

I didn't know why this adult Unicorn kept appearing and thought it was somebody transporting to my home but now I know what it is! Beautiful creatures... :P

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Hello. I myself have a legendary and a grandmaster and can explain this. The unicorn is there just for fun and comes with the house. There are other things like this such as Krok houses having sandstorms and beetles throughout them. Dragonspyre houses have dragons flying around them. the massive fantasy palace has birds flying around and a few parts of walls that you can walk through to go into secret passages (I'm not telling where ). The sultans palace house has a secret lamp and a treasure chest that you could spend all day trying to get . The life house in the crowns shop even comes with special tree guardians. The myth house comes with a rainbow that plays some music when you walk around on it. Lastly, the death house comes with a blazing furnace that wants to eat all who pass by.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
It's just the awesome part of the house. and the waterfall you can jump off of. I would like to see other creatures do this in other houses, I want a dragon in mine!!

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
kaleeraisen wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

really? do each of the houses you buy with gold have these kind of appearences from other creatures? what kind of creature comes with the Royal Playhouse? i've never seen anything there.

I know that the krokotopian houses have sandstorms and one of the dragonspyre houses has a drake flying around it. I think the marleybone houses have flies around the lanterns and the celestia house has a full-scale moon and floating debris.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I was just checking on the flowers growing near my castle, and I swiveled the camera around a bit. Now, I'm not sure if this has happened to others, but there was a unicorn standing under some trees, facing a waterfall. I checked to see if it was a mount or pet or something like that, but I couldn't pick it up or move it. After a minute or so, it whinnied, bucked, and disappeared. Why? First off, why was it there to begin with? And second, will it happen again? It didn't really effect my gameplay or anything, but it was a bit strange. Was it a glitch or something, or does it come with the castle? Just wondering! :)

Lenora Rainsong - Magus Pyromancer

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
i am guessing your experiencing this with the wooded cottage( correct me if i am wrong) the unicorn you are describing is supposed to be there. actually i don't know why but it's not a glitch or anything. 8) 8) 8)

Colin dragonhunter level 50 pyromancer

Blaze life level 58 theurgest

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
keyshun2277 wrote:
I was just checking on the flowers growing near my castle, and I swiveled the camera around a bit. Now, I'm not sure if this has happened to others, but there was a unicorn standing under some trees, facing a waterfall. I checked to see if it was a mount or pet or something like that, but I couldn't pick it up or move it. After a minute or so, it whinnied, bucked, and disappeared. Why? First off, why was it there to begin with? And second, will it happen again? It didn't really effect my gameplay or anything, but it was a bit strange. Was it a glitch or something, or does it come with the castle? Just wondering! :)

Lenora Rainsong - Magus Pyromancer

the wooden cottage house comes with a unicorn that visits every once while every day

not a glitch just a feature

Survivor
Nov 04, 2008
the unicorn goes with the castle it goes away and comes back its made like that.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
i know right?! i saw that before! its strange.... ~Amber Moonblossom, level 32

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Defender
May 01, 2011
is it the wooden cottage cause i have one and the unicorn appears when i have parties. it comes with the house it is a really awesome feature to the house its my favorite part!

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
I'm in a wooded cottage and in the clearing there's a unicorn sometimes and I just want to know why. I's kind of creepy.

Samuel Mythmanser

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
It's magical and stays at your cottage It appears every couple minutes, and I think it is cool

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
It got me in the mood to buy a unicorn mount...never did.Vanessa NightThorn lvl. 57