Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Book Worm badge

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
How do you get the Book Worm badge? I was looking through my badges once and found it. I have no idea where it came from! I have looked everywhere and cannot find it( but on Wizard Wiki i found the badge but not the requirements). Does it have anything to do with picking up a book or completing a quest or something else? This is a little off topic, but i have completed Mooshu but havent recieved any of the badges like PeaceMaker.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
I am wondering the same thing. I had someone ask me where I got it from as I just started using it on my Balance wizard, as it was a badge that I had never seen anyone use before so I thought that would be fun to have something different...lol. But, yeah; where did it come from? Was it all of certain book collecting from different worlds, save for Dragonspyre....as my Balance has not yet completed DS but has done all the book quests elsewhere.

As for you completing Mooshu and not receiving those badges: Are you certain to have done ALL side quests from every area, including the Mossback, Oakheart, and Wavebringer side quests? You have to do ALL main AND side quests in order to get badges like "Peacemaker." Did you do the Oakheart quest in Tree of Life?...a lot of people miss that one because it's in a dungeon and sort of out of the way of where you are going on the quest inside the dungeon. If you didn't do Oakheart's quest in there, or you can't do it, then you need to backtrack to Mossback in his various locations and start checking to see where you missed him or if not him, then check Wavebringer too. After completing that side quest series you should have met with the three of them in the Garden Dojo at the Jade Palace where they thank you for your help and give you a few little things. Also this series is pretty much an absolute requirement for Life's level 48 quest for the Rebirth spell, unless you port in to another player in the dojo.

There are other side quests in Mooshu as well, so maybe you just missed some here and there.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
The Bookworm Badge is 'supposed' to be for doing the quests Roving Reporter, The Trees, Old Men, History of Magic, and Library Dues.

It's not a new badge, but there's been a glitch with it. It was showing up on some lists, not on others, or plays hide and seek on players' badge listings. They were supposed to have fixed it during this last test realm.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I got on to ask the very same question. Noticed it in my list last night when I wanted to change my 35 Death Wizards badge. Noticed later that my Balance 31 and my Grand fire also have it. Dont rember getting it or why. Thought maybe the Marleybone book quest at first, but my Balance hasnt done big Ben. My 26 Ice doesn't have it so it probably not from Krok.

just curious.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I was trying to find this badge. My friend Andrew MythMask, has that Badge. And I wanted to see if I could get it.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Thank you aliconsprayer. Makes sense now. Just hadn't seen the badge before last night.

I had asked my question before your reply, but the moderration time made it look hours later. I hope that I am not a dumb as the delay made it look.

Anyway, thanks again.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Maybe one of the Wizard101 message mods could help out. Gamma? Headmaster? Professor Falmea? Could you guys help out and shed some light on this subject? Thanks!
-Destiny DawnRiver, Level 41 Master Pyromancer
PS: I have this badge, too. While I'm not in DS yet, i have started MS and have a few of those books already. Perhaps you must complete the first three Book Quests? :?
PPS: Thanks, KI for making this badge! I am a bookworm in real life, lol. :D

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
After you have moved on from Wizard city to Krokotopia, leave the pyramid where the spiral door is and go around and do some of the first quests. Then go back into the pyramid and talk to Tinu Bhak'mal. He will give you a quest called "A trip to the library" and send you to speak to Zan'ne in the Krokotopia Library. Once you speak to Zan'ne you should get the bookworm badge. My character had already completed all of the book quests in WC first, and was level sixteen. I'm not sure if that is important for finishing the quest.