Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

glitches and bugs with new updates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Hi as we all know the upgrades with the new houses and such has come to the live version of wizard 101 while this is all well and fine there are a blips that keep coming up when I play the game

1. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but while my friend and i were battling my friend was not able to attack saying the enemies were marked as allies ( yes he had mana and enough pips)

2. While I was going through katzenstein's lab the I was not able to see the enemies running around the place in fact i got in a battle not seeing the enemy or there name tag and even when i joined the battle still did no see them till after a few turns and they were making no motion just stuck in the position to make a step

3.Not a Huge problem but when a friend of mine used his ice minion card it seems the ice colossus minion has been enlarged in height but the problem is i was in the second wizard spot and there minion was in the third and because of his sever height i was not able to click on the enemy in the first stop so i had to wait a while for the minion to finally kill the enemy (i was with the same friend so he still couldn't attack)

4. sorry to those who think this part is just whining (which it probably is)
but as far as i know the ice and myth(puppet) minions make no motion and stay in a frozen position and are not seen walking to there place either (or showing for that matter)

Kingisle if you would please get these few little bugs worked out it would be much appreciated

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
I too have noticed a certain bug pertaining to the new houses. In some places if you put in an object, furniture, rugs, or whatever, they get stuck where you set them and you CANNOT move them again. Its like they are now a permanent part of the house. This is what I always fear when they do any new upgrades to the game: MORE darn glitches and problems. But those fizzle-happy (UGHS) at KI don't seem to catch these things BEFORE final release. Remember the last upgrade? All the Mossback quests and the all the Earthwalkers were messed up. Then a few days later they fixed it.
Welcome to FIZZLE 101. GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Actually, this seems to happening all over the spiral. So far from what I have seen and heard that it is more common in dungeons.

Administrator
Let me address these individually as best I can or ask for more clarification

foulsteel wrote:
Hi as we all know the upgrades with the new houses and such has come to the live version of wizard 101 while this is all well and fine there are a blips that keep coming up when I play the game

1. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but while my friend and i were battling my friend was not able to attack saying the enemies were marked as allies ( yes he had mana and enough pips)

Was this during PvP? If so, your friend may have had Beguile cast on him.
If not, let me know.

foulsteel wrote:
2. While I was going through katzenstein's lab the I was not able to see the enemies running around the place in fact i got in a battle not seeing the enemy or there name tag and even when i joined the battle still did no see them till after a few turns and they were making no motion just stuck in the position to make a step

Did you see a small 'downloading' icon in the upper left of your screen at that time? If so, that means you were still downloading that creature. Now you should have seen a 'placeholder' creature instead, they should not have been invisible.
If not, let me know.

foulsteel wrote:
3.Not a Huge problem but when a friend of mine used his ice minion card it seems the ice colossus minion has been enlarged in height but the problem is i was in the second wizard spot and there minion was in the third and because of his sever height i was not able to click on the enemy in the first stop so i had to wait a while for the minion to finally kill the enemy (i was with the same friend so he still couldn't attack)

If you cannot actually click on the creature you want to attack, you can alternately click on the parchment on the screen indicating their name and health. If you do not see parchments on your screen when you are in a duel, you can enable these through the Options panel. They're called 2d Combat Display under the Gameplay tab.

foulsteel wrote:
but as far as i know the ice and myth(puppet) minions make no motion and stay in a frozen position and are not seen walking to there place either (or showing for that matter)

I'll forward that one on to our QA department so they can see if they can reproduce it.

Kingisle if you would please get these few little bugs worked out it would be much appreciated

Thank you much! Keep in mind you can also report Bugs directly to Mr Lincoln through the Help & Support page.

community@wizard101.com
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I don't this is specifically just happened only to him. I was in Golem Court dungeon and the exact same things happened in there. I submitted a report with pictures to Mr. Lincoln. There is also another post stating the same thing happened in a DS dungeon, but not certain which one.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I found one with Sergeant SkullSplitter. Don't know about if it happens with other skeletons.

When he does the boomerang sword attack it doesn't seem to do damage. Though your HP and the status circle at your feet is updated when at the start of the next turn to show that damage was done.

Reported this to Lincoln. Don't know if I was thorough enough. Decided I would report it here to for everyone else to research and know about.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Let me address these individually as best I can or ask for more clarification

foulsteel wrote:

Was this during PvP? If so, your friend may have had Beguile cast on him.
If not, let me know.

foulsteel wrote:

Did you see a small 'downloading' icon in the upper left of your screen at that time? If so, that means you were still downloading that creature. Now you should have seen a 'placeholder' creature instead, they should not have been invisible.
If not, let me know.

foulsteel wrote:

If you cannot actually click on the creature you want to attack, you can alternately click on the parchment on the screen indicating their name and health. If you do not see parchments on your screen when you are in a duel, you can enable these through the Options panel. They're called 2d Combat Display under the Gameplay tab.

foulsteel wrote:

I'll forward that one on to our QA department so they can see if they can reproduce it.

Thank you much! Keep in mind you can also report Bugs directly to Mr Lincoln through the Help & Support page.

I appreciate the concern Professor and As you said for my few things i saw

1. No sorry to say we were not in pvp we were in katzenstein's lab and as far as i know none of the enemies had casted a beguile and for the whole time he could not attack

2.No my computer wasn't downloading I had this on a computer that has had the game downloaded for a while and when the updates came i made sure all the downloads had been made for the updates before entering and instance
And yes as i recall the enemies were invisible

3.I usually prefer to click on the actual target but thank you very much for this advice and now i don't have much of a problem with the ice minion being so big

4. thank you for looking into this i appreciate your time

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
Ever since the update I haven't been able to use the quest helper. When I enter the quest screen the actual quests show up, but I am not able to click on them. Consequently there is no quest arrow on the main screen.

Administrator
Your quest helper may be disabled. Try re-enabling it through the options panel or press T on your keyboard.

Temperest wrote:
Ever since the update I haven't been able to use the quest helper. When I enter the quest screen the actual quests show up, but I am not able to click on them. Consequently there is no quest arrow on the main screen.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I noticed a problem today with the Charmed Slaves in the pyramid (both Royal Hall and Chamber of Fire). They're variously invisible, cannot be targetted, or the animations don't work. I tried logging in and out several times.