Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is a TRUE "minion master"?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
So, just about every game has minions. W101 is different in that they chose not to use death (necromancy) as a mass-golem-producing skill. Instead, they used myth. Kudos.

However, myths are really just a spin-off of the age-old method of minnionry in games. You're not a "minnion MASTER" at all. You're really just a "summoner". Once you "summon" your minion, it does whatever it wants to do. How is that being a "master"?

I think a TRUE minion master should be able to control their minions... or at least have more control over them at any rate. Agree? Disagree?

Ideas on implementation? like:

A new minion which appears at the beginning of each battle (level 30-40ish). It automatically takes your starting pips giving the minion 200 hits per pip. Each round the minion becomes stronger by 50 hp. This minion has its own deck which the master can build with spells unique to the minion. The master can also set the minion's battle-tactic - choices could be something like: support, aggressive, balanced, tank, etc. The minion can also wear armor which the master would have to buy with gold or crowns (there ya go devs! something else for people to spend crowns on!). The minion can be dispelled (dismissed really) and the player will get their pips back.

I think this would add a more hands-on dimension to minionry and i believe it would not be too difficult to balance into the game. So...

what happens when the minion dies? does the player have to go to a special person to have it resurrected?

does the player get to control the minion's spells, or just what goes into their deck?

are there different kinds of minions (graphics)?

what kind of armor/items would there be?

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
to revive him you would have to defeat 3 of whatever creature you had lost him on. you get in option of wether or not you get to control what he does or just the spells he has. these are for ok minons so better minons you would need to defeat more monsters. there would be hats boots and athames.you could only give your minon health and spells. Please tell me what you think :

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I would say a true minion master doesnt depend on your school I think it is people that know how operate and give the same attention to minions such as putting minions boost, or healing a minion, or feinting for it, ect

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
ok dude, there is a difference between a minion, and a slave, what you are saying is a slave, way too complex, and not needed, a minion master is someone who can use there minions to the fullest extent, take this for example,
i developed a one on one arena match stradegy for my myth, he isnt all that strong, level eight, but this is what i got, summon a golem minion, no pips used, most peopleattack the minion the second round, i either use wand, or shield, or trap, no pips again, then on third, i bring out my troll, three pips used, the max amount, full of health, ready to kill,
i use my stradegy into my myth, so, that is what you call a minion master, someone who can use the most of there minions, like if they are close to death, the enemie is going to kill them, sacrifice them for pips, health, or whatever, that is a minion master in my eyes