Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Houses Out

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
With the exception of myth and ice.I think the outside of the rest of the houses had to little space on the outside.Life house looked nice on the outside but to little space to place out door objects.The houses looked cool and all but just not worth the asking price on them.I would have rather seen more time spent getting new worlds going or new equipment to hunt for or make.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
I agree, I was a bit disappointed to find out that my death house had such a small front yard. Would it be possible to make it even a little bit bigger? maybe it could be widened a tiny bit. Myth and Ice houses are huge on the outside, could we see an increase in size of the other houses before they are added to the live realm?

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
I'm really impressed myself. The only one I wasn't too hip on was the Ice House, because navigating the ice bridges were quirky.

But even with the small outsides on the Death and Fire houses, there's a lot of potential for the creative decorators in the game. I do agree with earlier observations that the mausoleum and basement could have been bigger. It also would have been nice if the housing levels shown outside the Myth House could have been accessed and some hidden caves added to a few of the other homes.

After looking at it, I've already got planned the banquet hall with double bars planned out for my Fire home. Plus have plans in the works for the Life House for my other Wizard. I'm really looking forward to creating other wizards just so I can own all of the school themed homes. The decorating challenges each one presents has me really excited in conquering. Nothing gets me going more then having an oppertunity to get my landscaping and interior design juices flowing. And these homes deffinately inspire one to be creative in that manner.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Balance4life wrote:
I agree, I was a bit disappointed to find out that my death house had such a small front yard. Would it be possible to make it even a little bit bigger? maybe it could be widened a tiny bit. Myth and Ice houses are huge on the outside, could we see an increase in size of the other houses before they are added to the live realm?

They were made public today. Hence the title of the post "New Houses Out".

Perhaps with the recent suggestions of us being able to purchase 'extensions' for exsisting homes, KI will add that to the game then we can put in those extra outside features we'd like to see in them eventually.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
The Balance House is ridiculously small. Giant statues aside, the "Bottomless Pit" hovering room interior is cramped and uninteresting coupled with absolutely NO outside space. Just 6 box rooms hanging in the air.

That being said, I think the new houses are a good addition to the game and that they really shouldn't overshadow the already existing houses. Those houses are still very nice and provide a blank template as compared to the very overdone atmospheres of the School Houses.

The Life House beats all IMHO. The layout, space, interesting interior, multiple balconies and gazebo blow all the others away. The other School Houses are way too marginalized, cramped and single minded to lend themselves to a creative sense of decoration other than School specific themes...especially in regards to the exteriors.

It is what it is though, and I think that ultimately, choice is good. These new Houses will find their market and hopefully inspire a new generation of decorators that don't just rely on Gliches.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
With the exception of the Death school house, and maybe the Balance school, I thought all the new school-themed housing choices were awesome and innovative. Finally made me want to buy one, and now I love my new Storm house.