Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WHERE ARE THE RECIPES?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I finally get to the crafting end and i am given an quest with NO RECIPE!

THE DUSKWIND TUNIC! Its nowhere to be found!

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
I finally get to the crafting end and i am given an quest with NO RECIPE!

THE DUSKWIND TUNIC! Its nowhere to be found!

If you're just starting that crafting quest, you have to the recipe from the crafting teacher in Mooshu (the one that gave you the previous crafting quests).

The finally recipe in the DS crafting quest is based off of your wizard's primary school...To get the right recipe, you have to go to Mooshu and find the appropriate school's recipe vendor.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
sorry still lost and this shouldn't be that hard.

Let me explain i am doing the second crafting quest in DS and this is what i got. As far as school vendors I am death and i have no idead what a school vendor is (outside of the trees that sell treasure card recipes)

The CHAR giving the quest should be more clear this isn't fun if i have to find ALL THE REGEANTS AND SOLVE SOME RIDICULOUS RIDDLE!

Thank you for your help (AP) but your response left me with even MORE questions. Can anyone ESPECIALLY SOMEONE FROM KI tell me what is going on here. I should NOT have to search the game for this.

Administrator
If all you seek is the recipe for the Duskwind Tunic, speak to Yao Fan
in the Ancient Burial Grounds of Moo Shu. He will gladly sell you the recipe.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.
~Professor Greyrose

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Thank you! Honestly had you not told me this i would not have known, can you tell me if there is anyway to avoid this?

Did i miss something because there is no clue in what he tells me before i accept the quest that this is where to get the recipe.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
sorry still lost and this shouldn't be that hard.

Let me explain i am doing the second crafting quest in DS and this is what i got. As far as school vendors I am death and i have no idead what a school vendor is (outside of the trees that sell treasure card recipes)

The CHAR giving the quest should be more clear this isn't fun if i have to find ALL THE REGEANTS AND SOLVE SOME RIDICULOUS RIDDLE!

Thank you for your help (AP) but your response left me with even MORE questions. Can anyone ESPECIALLY SOMEONE FROM KI tell me what is going on here. I should NOT have to search the game for this.

Starting in Krokatopia, there are recipe vendors that sell gear recipes only for a specific school...School Recipe Vendors.

To do your quest in DS, you'll have to make an item that's from your primary school and you have to find the appropraite vedor that sells that recipe in Mooshu. The Professor was kind enough to give you the location of that particular vendor.

Part of the quest itself is to actually find the vendor on your own.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
So then I will ask you this, How did YOU find out where it was or what to look for it certainly wasn't hinted at in the quest given. I still have to complete it and there is nothing to indicate this or where and to tell you the truth after searching all over for the materials and waiting for cool down times I was not in the mood to go on a treasure hunt for a recipe.

The quest doesn't even say find a "vendor" it just simply tells you what it wants and that's it! Up until this point I bought the recipe from the quest maker so how would i know to look elsewhere and of all places in mooshu from a "vendor" in the Burial Grounds?

The professor told me what the Quest did not and all i am saying is that the QUEST should have.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
So then I will ask you this, How did YOU find out where it was or what to look for it certainly wasn't hinted at in the quest given. I still have to complete it and there is nothing to indicate this or where and to tell you the truth after searching all over for the materials and waiting for cool down times I was not in the mood to go on a treasure hunt for a recipe.

The quest doesn't even say find a "vendor" it just simply tells you what it wants and that's it! Up until this point I bought the recipe from the quest maker so how would i know to look elsewhere and of all places in mooshu from a "vendor" in the Burial Grounds?

The professor told me what the Quest did not and all i am saying is that the QUEST should have.

I worked myself backwards in the worlds from DS and checked out every vendor that sold recipes for all the schools or just specific schools. Because I'd already figured out from Krokatopia that there were special vendors for each school. And I also knew that with the school related vendors, that you can only buy spells from your own primary school.

Fortunately for me, my main is fire and the vendor that had my spell was right at the begining quests for Mooshu. Only part that had me sweating was I was doing the DS crafting quest before either Mooshu or DS were open to me and had to depend on friends helping me teleport to those worlds so I could collect the quests and rare regeants. I was doubly lucky that my final crafting recipe didn't need me to be in DS to do so I only had to keep marked Mooshu commons for teleporting for the pearls I needed to find. Then when it was done, a friend went to DS, and I teleported in so I could get my last crafting badge. LOL!

Currently my life character is in Mooshu doing her crafting quest from there...She's still doing Krokatopia by the way.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
my point exactly AP you shouldn't have to "guess" what to do. Its a lot of hard work to get to that point and I can't imagine anyone being happy to have to go on yet another easter hunt to find the last recipe.

I had no clue from what i read that i needed a school vendor that was translated word of mouth. It simply just a sloppy way to do things.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009

Currently my life character is in Mooshu doing her crafting quest from there...She's still doing Krokatopia by the way.

Your in luck with your Life Wizard. The quest giver in DS has the recipe you need for the last crafting quest in DS

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life Master Artisan

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
my point exactly AP you shouldn't have to "guess" what to do. Its a lot of hard work to get to that point and I can't imagine anyone being happy to have to go on yet another easter hunt to find the last recipe.

I had no clue from what i read that i needed a school vendor that was translated word of mouth. It simply just a sloppy way to do things.

It wasn't about guessing though. It was about using the logic that spell recipes came from the craft quest vendors and the school recipe vendors. And then using that logic to find your recipe at the appropriate vendor. Since you've gotten that far in the game, you already know about who sells recipes period in the game and which ones you can purchase those recipes from.

The logic of figuring out the puzzle was started in Wizard City and Krokatopia with the introduction of the trees, quest vendors, and school gear vendors. And your clues for the DS quest was knowing about how you could only make recipes from your school specific tree, the quest vendors, and the school specific gear vendors like you were introduced to in game already. ;)

It's not that hard to figure out after that, the vendors you can purchase recipes, one of them will have the recipe you're needing as they're the only ones you can get recipes from in the first place. Two of those are school specific, so if a quest vendor doesn't have it, then it has to be one of those other two types of vendors. And since the trees only sell gold card recipes, that only leaves the school gear vendors in those 4 worlds.

I knew that the only vendors I could buy spells from were those 3 sources. That ment only the 5 worlds open, my school tree, or the school gear vendors. And since I did it backwards? Ment it only took me 3 vendors to go to before I had the recipe. It didn't take any 'guessing', it only took going to those worlds and going to the appropriate vendor.

As Sherlock Bones would say? "It's elementary dear Watson."

The whole game is a 'thinking' game. Personally, I think they make it way too easy to find those last spells by putting them in all one world away. They should have spread the vendors for the recipes around the different worlds so it was more of a challenge. Afterall, they're called challenges for a reason. They're supposed to challenge you mentally and make you think in the first place.

Thanks for the hint Hanna but I already know where the vendor is, as when I figured out the puzzle with my main character, I went ahead and wrote down all the school gear vendors and their locations. Heck, now that my main is done, there isn't much challenge anymore outside of regeant hunting for any future characters. I've already learned all the little 'hints' to the different challenges so my secondary is pretty much breezing through the whole thing as I know what to expect now.

Thank the gods for my love of crafting my own furniture. At least it keeps me regeant hunting so I've always got that challenge to perk up the routine. I just wish they allowed for more crafting slots as the cool down periods are a killer especially when you're wanting to craft more then 3 of one recipe item. LOL!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Yes I understand what you are saying but you seem to be trying to pat yourself on the back for "getting" that this was a school vendor quest.

However that does not change the fact that the quest itself gave you no clue. I am willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that someone told you about it and you figured out how where to go. because I have read that quest over and over and over again from begining to end in fact i am still crafting one tunic so i can post the picture. THERE IS NOTHING THAT LOGICALLY WOULD HAVE LEAD YOU TO THAT CONCLUSION.