Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solo Mode with FF

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
I would like a solo-mode where others aren't allowed to enter my battles. Sometimes i have discarded everything in my deck to get to one card - i know the next hit will end the battle - and then somebody hops in the circle and messes it all up. Plus, you know, maybe i want the satisfaction of soloing the game, right?

Second, within solo-mode, there should be a fast forward function. Meaning: SKIP the animations. They get old and waste time... especially when you know that (until you get to a major boss), none of the animations are going to come close to killing you.

peace.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
So you basically wanna zip through the game, see none of the great animations, have no social interaction? Why even play this game if your not going to enjoy it?

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
lol srsly. If you don't want to see all the cool things the game has to offer, then DON'T PLAY.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
Sonny777 wrote:
So you basically wanna zip through the game, see none of the great animations, have no social interaction? Why even play this game if your not going to enjoy it?

you are very presumptive. choice, child. i've seen the animations. i see them repeated constantly, perpetually, annoyingly. once i've gotten to lvl 50 once, i have to see them again and again and again and again and again and again and again... annoying? yes. i simply advocate the choice, yes, to "zip" through the game. not to avoid enjoyment, but to have it. some people do NOT enjoy watching their foes do the same 3 or 4 spells over and over and over and over and over again.

plus, as i said, once a person has made it to 50, why make them put up with the same story lines again? why not let them say, "i've already seen the pixel-crack... let me do without it this time". it should be a choice. this is something that W101 can do to set it apart from other games. in over 10 years of gaming, there are 3 primary reasons for people quitting games:

1) the devs don't listen
2) no new content
3) i'm tired of grinding

the running back and forth, the long drawn-out battles, and the unnecessary story-lines all add up to grind. the idea is that they want the game to go slow so that people will always be looking forward to something. however, a properly-run game continuously adds end-game content, perpetually giving players somethign to "look forward to".

now, where they ALL fail is in not adding not-end-game content. the assumption is: to keep veteran players interested, we have to put in stuff they can do with their high-level characters. completely true... you do have to do that. however, you must also make the choice of what to do about their NEW characters they should be making. you either:

1) force them to play through the grind (which will lead to people quitting or at least 1-sided players who refust to make and learn new characters)

2) make new not-end-game content (which is costly and time-consuming and takes away from new high-level content projects)

3) give people who have made it to lvl 50 an EASIER way to work new characters.

i simply advocate the third option as the best choice. the problems i've illustrated are inevitable and the devs (if realists) know it. i'm just offering them a way out before the floor falls out. look back at all the failed games and you will find that one of the reasons i gave above was the cause and you will find that one of my solutions could've helped save them.

i been doing this a long time.