Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Armor for girls?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
I have noticed that the Guardians outfit in the Crowns menu for boys is really cool armor. The girls, on the other hand, get a dress with wings. Is there any armor out there for girls? I am not a girly-girl who likes to wear skirts and dresses. I'd really like to see some armor for girls, unless I'm not looking hard enough. Please someone post a reply if there is armor for girls out there.

-Amber Dragonrider
Level 30 Pyromancer

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
magykalmad wrote:
I have noticed that the Guardians outfit in the Crowns menu for boys is really cool armor. The girls, on the other hand, get a dress with wings. Is there any armor out there for girls? I am not a girly-girl who likes to wear skirts and dresses. I'd really like to see some armor for girls, unless I'm not looking hard enough. Please someone post a reply if there is armor for girls out there.

-Amber Dragonrider
Level 30 Pyromancer

Same here! I want cool armor like the boys. I really don't want to look like a fairy.... There's no armor like that. :( Come on KI. Not all the girls want to wear wings and a dress.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
magykalmad wrote:

-Amber Dragonrider
Level 30 Pyromancer

well im not a girl but thats true they dont make much girl clothing probably because there are more boys in the game or because girls could change the color of something to make it look girlier

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
firesword52 wrote:
magykalmad wrote:

-Amber Dragonrider
Level 30 Pyromancer

well im not a girl but thats true they dont make much girl clothing probably because there are more boys in the game or because girls could change the color of something to make it look girlier

ok the thing you need to know is not ALL girls are girly.
The guardians outfit look really awesome for the boys yet the girls have wings which is also cool. But it would be a bit more better for girls to have armor clothes, they/we do if you look for ds clothes. but i get what you mean
magykalmad.

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
magykalmad wrote:

-Amber Dragonrider
Level 30 Pyromancer

Ahhhh.. but did you know about stiching? It's a thing where you chose the appearence of something you have ( Example: Dragonscale cloak) and add your stats of the clothing and there you go. A crown Guardian outfit that looks like it's fit for battle.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
poseygirlolive wrote:
magykalmad wrote:

-Amber Dragonrider
Level 30 Pyromancer

Ahhhh.. but did you know about stiching? It's a thing where you chose the appearence of something you have ( Example: Dragonscale cloak) and add your stats of the clothing and there you go. A crown Guardian outfit that looks like it's fit for battle.

But I don't think, from looking at her original post, that she wanted wings on the guardian outfit and wishes that the girls could also get ones like the boys have. The male version of the Guardian outfit is much different.

Personally, I have the Guardian on my oldest Wizard, a GM Diviner and she doesn't look girly, at least not to me...and I too and not a real girly-girl...lol. I think my Storm Wiz looks tough, determined, and like a real GM, like she totally owns...lol. Not sure I would call what she is wearing a skirt or dress, it's just a robe, robes are long. But I do agree that guys and girls should be given the same choices in gear. It's like that Santa Hat they have right now...it is so awful and makes me wonder where the cow is that should go with it? ...lol. Also the whole thing with the Halloween gear they had with girls only being able to have witch outfits while guys could get ultra-cool skeleton outfits. Makes me feel like the folks at KI are not up with the times and very stereotypical with their thoughts on what males and females should and shouldn't wear.

For the original poster here; the only "armor," or what I would call armor that seems to be out there is the typical Dragonspyre style gear with the dragon scales on the robe and armored looking boots and dragon hat/helmet....and I really think that looks ugly on either a guy or girl(that is my personal opinion,) but it's even uglier on girls.

I liked the male version of the Guardian armor at first too, but personally I have seen so many guys with it on that I am really sick of seeing it and starting to think it's ugly and kind of boxy looking...lol.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
i think it would be nice to have my wizard wear armor! i'm honestly one who likes to pick a fight with the boys ( and i do win most of the time ) and it would kind of look like i'm ready to fight anyone who dares to challenge me! i like the way you think.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I saw in dragonspyre some of the female soldiers appeared to have black armor, I don't remember exactly what they were called but they were one of the first things to fight in there. Maybe KI should make that outfit available to the girls