Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I am lvl 34 death/life wizard (up to seraph). I have 3 training points and am wondering what I should use them on. Doesn't seem advantageous to continue with the life spells, but I don't know what would be best. I solo almost EVERYTHING, as I'm on in the daytime when I'm mostly alone. And is there anyway to get shields, death doesn't have hardly any.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
True. After Satyr, most wizards the are secondary life will use their training points on other things.

I am Myth/Life. After Satyr I got the Fire/Ice shield, and the Myth/Death and Life/Death shield I have gotten automatically from my school and from the Life school training up to Satyr, respectively.

I then got a Storm shield for the cost of one training point. (The -80% shield). You could opt to get a dual shield with Storm as well, if you wanted to spend extra points for that. I now have shields that cover everything except Balance, for which I have absorb shields.

I was looking for the triple shield spell that the Balance spell does. But as of yet, I do not think that any wizard except a Balance wizard can learn that spell. I do not know what to spend my remaining points on, but the Tower shield from the Ice school is another option, which reduces any incoming damage by half. Since my pets cover virtually every element with various attack spells, I would not see the point in investing in other schools' spells.

You can also choose to buy the various blade spells, including the triple blade spell from balance. Keep in mind, the new secondary schools come out soon too.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
morfey wrote:
I am lvl 34 death/life wizard (up to seraph). I have 3 training points and am wondering what I should use them on. Doesn't seem advantageous to continue with the life spells, but I don't know what would be best. I solo almost EVERYTHING, as I'm on in the daytime when I'm mostly alone. And is there anyway to get shields, death doesn't have hardly any.

Death/life is my favorite combo.

Have you:
1) Visited Niles and gotten Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap?
2) Gotten Reshuffle if you usually run out of cards?
3) Thought about Satyr if you run out of health a lot?
4) Thought about taking Ice to get the 50% vs all shield? (Tower)
5) Thought about saving for the new secondary schools?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
myth works EXTREMELY well for me

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I believe that if you even attempt to solo this crazy game you are somewhat insane. But if you do make it congratulations. I still think you are crazy.

Zachary Titantamer,lvl 48 Storm, Master of Storm

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
i think the best is death main school and life as secondary school so far most battles have been easy

Jack Battlerider
lvl 43 Death/life

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
i have a grandmaster that is a fire and i have a wizard in all the schools except myth.so i am sorry if you are myth and you are looking for answers i really cant help.but please read anyway. i dont hate or dis like myth i just dont have room to make another character.wizard 101 wont let me.

but honestlyy i think that anyy school can solo this game until you reach malistare.or until you reach the point where everything requires more then one person or when you fight those brothers in grizzlehime (spelling).

fire-you get high hitting spells with blades and traps.and you can hit multipul targets.at level 48 you get fire dragon which hits all targets,deals damage,and does damage over time spell all in one.

ice-you get high percentage spells,and pretty good damage delt.they also get a hit all targets spell that stuns them.they also get the -55%or -50% shield.

storm-you get veryy high hitting spells.the gear you can get can raise your accuracy.and you get to hit all target spells.one is storm loard and the other is that wave spell.(sorry forgot the name).

death-you get spells that take life from the target and gives you 50% of it back to you.you also get veryy good traps.and you get a hit all target spell (scare crow) which hits all targets and gives you some health back.it might be weak but you can always use traps and blades to power it up.

life-of course you get spells,a blade, and a trap.but they also have pretty desent hitting spells with a good accuracy rate.and at level 48 you get bartleby (spelling).which heals everyone on your team.and gives you and absorb shield.which you could also use just for yourself.

myth-i dont know much about mith because it is the only school i dont have a wizard in.but i know they get earthquake which attacks every target and takes awayy their shields and blades.but thats about all i know about that.sorryy for everyone who is myth.

balance-you get blades and traps that come in three schools.then you get your normal blade and trap.you also get shields that come in three schools for 0 pip use.the three school groups are (fire,ice,storm) or (death,life,myth).so they have almost the best defense you could say.

i hope this helps everyone please tell me about what you think.=]
good luck to everyone in the spiral

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
There really is no answer.
Its the not the spell its the wizard who casts it :)

Survivor
Nov 26, 2009
I agree with most of you, but honestly, life is the best school to choose. Even though i am a Balance/Storm. Life is good for healing, and also, when your a high enough level, they also have good offensive spells like centaur, and when you dont have that spell, life also has a large number of blades and traps that make the weak spells stronger.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
Hi i am a Death wizard and my secondary is life. This is a very good combo because with life you can heal and death has drains which heal half of the damage you do so you stay alive a lot. If you are willing to spend like five bucks on some crowns then you can buy a bunch of minion packs from the crown store in the top left corner and chances are you will get a few life minions. I did this recently so now i am death and i can still have life minions when i need to. It is also great because you can keep others alive if you need to.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
hi people i agree with most of you that death is the best solo but think of some things here. death doesnt have the highest health and yes can do drain damage, but that only heals you half way. i say that you should have high health and faily good accuracy. i say that an ice/life wizard should be the best here because you have high hit points and wit life you can heal and you have the highest accuracy with it. also the fact that as an ice wizard you get ice armor and as a life wiz you get spirit armor. ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION. i say go ice/life wiz if you are going to go solo

Survivor
May 04, 2010
I think that (storm) as your main school and (life) as your secondary school.
I have encounterd some (storm) attacks. like bolt, triton, kracken, tempest. They are very powerful spells, and i dont think there will every be a solo school. There is not a person in the world in the world that can beat this game by there selfs or with out help. Its highy impossible. This game was never ment to be solo or why would there be so many sidgels.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
Although this topic is about a year old and dont think that the author really cares anymore, i would have to agree with Christian. Storm and Life is definantly the best combo. In my opinion they are godd either way. Storm as main and life a second or vice versa. It sure has worked for me in both instances.

Devin Griffinstrider lvl 46 master diviner A.K.A. Savior of the Spiral
Valkor Dragonbane lvl 34 magus theurge A.K.A. Ninja Hunter

Explorer
May 24, 2009
Kandrel wrote:
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

Halfway through Krokotopia so far, and as a Fire school that's dabbled in life, I've found everything doable solo so far. Instanced boss fights are difficult, sure, and take some time, but I'm able to prevail a good amount of the time.
When you finish Krokotopia soloing is a really bad idea. I'm against soloing in the first place. Don't judge when you have only finished Wizard City

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I found that a life/myth wizard works best but I have some other cards in my deck to help me out with some battles

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
i soloed my myth until Malistaire because it was my first,long but not impossable.My storm is also a mostly solo grand,and my death is having great fun helping and being helped by friends both old and new;best of luck to you. :-)

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
well as far as soloing go i have a few toons. storm/life lvl 32, life/balance lvl 34, death/myth lvl 43. i have soloed with all of them and i have a easier time with my death toon.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:

I think that it would be best to use death or myth, or both. Death has many spells that give you health while taking away the health of your enemies, and myth can summon minions. I also think a life/death combo would be good, or a life/storm, or an ice/myth or ice/storm, and i'm currently trying to see what would happen if you combined fire with ice.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
There is no best class, it matters what combo you pick......
My choice is fire and ice, with a balance as a third class.\
Hope it helps!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
alex11098 wrote:
There is no best class, it matters what combo you pick......
My choice is fire and ice, with a balance as a third class.\
Hope it helps!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Im a storm/life wizard and i fair pretty well i can deal quick i damage while rehealing myself and friends.i have vitually played every combo with my storm wizard Galen SkyGlade 30 lvl Magus Storm Wizard but i think for soloing a life and storm class so you can deal quick high damage while you heal

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
BlackIce wrote:
I find for mostly solo play. Somethings need groups but for most available solo play. I find Life being the best school, lots of healing. Myth is also good with all the minions to help you. Balance is fairly good especially with a high damage but low accuracy school like fire, ice, storm.
Ice has high accuracy and the lowest of damage.