Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
Death is the best school to solo.

But i wouldn't recommend soloing.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
They all are great. I think if you were to have a school without any side schools tho, the best would be Myth. You have high damage, get blades early, and you have minions. You start off with only 435 health though. Hope this helped.

Erin Iceheart - Level 43

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Balance because its op I soloed Zafaria

If you get the proper gear and know how to be a balance wiz you can dominate.

Balance spells to always use

Availing Hands: Omg it gives colossal amounts of healing and its overtime. It can do more then 2.4k health. Now... When you crit it....
Judgement: I use this in PvP sometimes as a starter move and box in 1.5k sometimes alone in lvl 75
Mana Burn: This is great when you spam black mantle. Then when the enemy gains lots of pips, burn him good :)
Supernova: Great when your enemy has a pet that casts nonstop auras can box in lots of DMG for 2 pips
Spectral Blast: Just.... Perfect when your fighting NPCs when their balance school
Power Nova: 7 pips, lots of DMG, and deals 25%- weakness

Even more!
Devinskullstone :Dlvl75 balance wiz

Survivor
Jan 24, 2015
Simply death because you can kill and heal at the same time, leaving a battle with full health, which is quite useful in dungeons. Although death does have it flaws, fighting another death, and being not as powerful as some of the schools, but with the right gear and pet it's a great school!

Brooke DragonHeart Level 62 and forever death "Always"

Survivor
Jun 10, 2016
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
Prob a storm wiz with a life mastery amulet got to lvl 50 soloing in a week

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
I think a storm wizard with split secondary schools of life and death ( life for heals death for feint ) would be appropriate for a solo of the game. And if you are to solo the game stock up on tc!

Survivor
May 12, 2012
I think its actually impossible to go from Wizard city and Polaris all by yourself and no one else at all on your entire journey. Kingsile does an amazing job with group play. Playing with a group is a lot more entertaining then playing by yourself. Although playing by yourself isn't bad its just a lot harder and can get frustrating

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
All schools are good if you are strategic. I beat the entire game solo on my death, but it wasn't as fun as playing with others.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2014
Definitely not Myth. I am a lvl 21 and I almost always team up on dungeons. But then again, i am not the best when it comes to fighting strategy.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I've gotta go with ice or fire. Ice gets such high resist and health, its just so hard to die. Fire is very balanced. You can solo any school and like martianhunter09 said or similarly to what he said, have a strategy.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2016
I honestly think Death is the easiest wizard school to play. I'm just beginning Celestia, and I can still solo a lot of it. The only things I haven't been to able to solo is big bosses like Malistare, but that's it. When you cast a death spell, (well most of them anyway), you can attack them, taking away their health, but also gaining health for yourself, which also saves you time and pips as if you were Storm, Ice, Life, or any other school, you would have to take the pips and time to heal yourself before you attack. With feints and blades you get from Krokotopia, it has a big impact on you and the monster. I've only died a few times in Celestia - which is because I had a bad deck atm. Now that I have a better deck, I can easily solo Celestia. So to end my long, long convincing speech (or not, idk) - it's best to be a death wizard. Of all my storm, life, balance, ice, and death wizars, I found death the easiest and also the fastest. I also soloed everything in Dragonspyre except for Malistare. It's also nice to have a pet with shields and critical ratings, so you get attacked less and kill the monsters faster ;)

Level 53

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
best solo class ties between Death, Ice, and life. Take it from someone who has these schools almost maxed out. Don't count me in so much with life though lol. My death is very reliable with health and damage. Death is a school that can do both damage attacks that heal back, which is very convenient. Ice doesn't have spells that give it back health like death or have healing spells like Life does but, it sure doesn't really need it when you have health almost as high as a boss. Life has a variety of options to keep yourself alive with all of it's healing spells.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
I would actually say storm, if you're really good at deck building. Storm gets blades and traps early on, (12 and 16), and often has nice gear. It also gets a nice aoe at level 28, which I still use even if I'm 110. While yes, it helps if you have a tank, its not often required. I soloed all of polaris except for Rasputin and Baba Yaga.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
i believe ice is the best one to do solo questing, Life and Death too but many creatures cast spells that dispel them, and some creatures also dispel life. is have good resist and really useful minions now. i'm a solo questing player and with ice i almost did all from lvl 1 to 110 by my self. Even celestia final dungeon and avalon final dungeon.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I've heard with the right gear you can solo any school all the way through. Bosses included. That hasn't been the case with me. I have taken one of at least each school of wizard through Celestia. I've taken Balance, Storm and Death Wizards as far as Khrysalis Part 2. And a Myth wizard through Avalon. By far I had the easiest time with my Death Wizards. Up until Khrysalis the only battles I needed help with were the final Bosses, and that was only after Celestia. For me, the final battles in the remaining worlds were to much by myself. I got a bit cheesed with KI about the way they reset the Critical and Block stats a while back and decided to play Pirate 101 for several months. That got boring. I missed Wizard City. So, I have recently started a new Death Wizard and am re-visiting old haunts, helping others and actually having fun. The 2nd easiest class to solo with was Myth. Having a way to deal with shields was like getting back some of my own in Dragonspyre and Grizzleheim. But by and large, without the right gear this is a team game once you get past Dragonspyre. JMO. Do your homework, pick a school and have fun with it. Happy Wizarding

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
I always thought Fire or Myth was a good one to solo with .

I especially like Fire because of Meteor Strike, and how powerful they get as they level up.

Myth is good too, because of the minions and definetely because of Earthquake!

Thought it's probably just a matter of opinion!

Survivor
Jan 05, 2013
Idk I love my ice wiz. She has soloed most of the worlds she has done. But it is your personal preference. Ice, death, whatever fits you.

Natalie Owlcaller, level 88

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Personally all I have played with is a balance wizard and I find its hard to solo boss battles. Beore I cast a hit spell I spend ages blading and trapping and after that I still heavily rely on critical attacks to kill those bosses. Use your pips wisely with this school.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
PheonixOnIce on Sep 22, 2016 wrote:
Personally all I have played with is a balance wizard and I find its hard to solo boss battles. Beore I cast a hit spell I spend ages blading and trapping and after that I still heavily rely on critical attacks to kill those bosses. Use your pips wisely with this school.
I've made it through 110 as Balance. You can solo fairly well with this school. I was even able to solo Malistaire at the end of Dragonspyre.

There are some good solo guides out there. Read up on your bosses and plan your duel before stepping into the ring.

Some tips for Balance:
-Learn Ice through Tower Shield and Death through Feint (pretty much everyone will want to do this, regardless of school).
-Especially once you start in Celestia, pretty much always start a duel by shielding yourself up. The two shield off-school spells can be enormously useful.
-Cast your heal over time spells relatively early on. View these spells as damage offset spells, rather than healing. As enemies hit you, that damage is healed off by Helping / Availing Hands.
-Get a Jewel of the Feint (which, despite its name, is an Amulet). Stack the item Feint from this with your regular Feint spell to rapidly build into a triple damage hit.
-Most fights will be you against two opponents. Fight them one at a time, removing the minion first. This greatly reduces the enemy's damage, and also speeds up the match by removing a third of the casting animations.
-Throw some gold into fights against cheaters. There is outstanding Fire resist gear available in the Bazaar and from NPC merchants in Avalon. It is easily possible to solo the Jabberwock by loading your sideboard with fire shields and wearing resist gear.
-Get a double-resist pet as soon as possible. A lucky mix with a friend will do this.
-If you're willing to get into a group for a while, depending on your level, Waterworks, Aquila, and Darkmoor all have outstanding gear that will help you solo better.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2013
Myth cause of minions level 91
level 64 (i think lol)
level 72

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
There is no doubt that death is the most effective one to solo with, I personally soloed my fire until azteca and it was a nightmare, my death was so much easier, curse, feint, blades, traps, all of that really early on plus healback and spells like sacrifice, dark pact, and empower (to get rid of traps and weaknesses on you).

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
Out of all the schools I honestly think you should go with Death or Balance, your choice. Balance is very efficient with lots of damage, heals, shields and much more. Death is great for soloing also because it does a fair amount of damage and most hits heal you as well. Personally i'd go with Balance but it's your choice. Have fun!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
alexanderhern101 on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
Myth cause of minions level 91
level 64 (i think lol)
level 72
The myth minions only waste traps and they aren't that good. I would say myth and death are the hardest because of the lack of aoe attacks.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2012
In having tried four types so far....I can honestly say that I don't think any class would be effective as a solo all the way through. I have a Storm and a Death - fully advanced, my Balance is in Polaris and my Fire is currently in Zafaria. I have a low level myth, too. Each world will show a different advantage to a class. Celestia and Wysteria were a breeze for my Fire, Avalon wasn't much of a challenge for my Death, my storm had very little issue with Azteca .....and so on. Balance seemed to march through the lower level worlds - but the higher levels tend to put balance in more of a supportive role(IMHO), which doesn't really support my playing style. The game is about team work....