Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2015
I agree with you with deathbut any school would do well to

Survivor
Jan 29, 2013
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
fire is da best to solo

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
Honestly, I think ice is a good solo class.
Ice has enough health to withstand damage while they buff up to attack.
There are moments when you need to team-up, but ice is a good solo class on my terms.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
The best class to solo with is either ice or death. Balance would be an option, but when going against a balance boss you can't use a prism. Death, is my personal favorite. Most of it's spells can heal back and it's really helpful. Ice has a lot of resist and health, so can stay alive for a lot longer. Especially if you train in life and get satyr. I hope this helped, and remember my choices. Death and Ice.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
In my opinion, if you want to be the best solo gamer possible, you should primarily be a Myth wizard and take Death as your second school of focus.
Myth wizards can summon minions that help them attack and maybe even heal them sometimes, while a lot of death spells do the attacking and healing in the same time.
I used to be a Myth wizard and am currently taking Death as a second school and can say that that layout is the most solo possible.
-

Survivor
Jan 09, 2015
I've played all the classes once and the best choice was storm because... I have played many games and the best thing to do is to kill without being killed so you are the one who beats them all without needing any other spells, also the storm class is very powerful when you add death into the mix so you suck the opponents power then you can finish them all with a powerful bast of storm!

Survivor
Sep 09, 2013
Kilajula on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.
is the easiest i have i level 55 and the only thing i didn't solo was maliastare

Survivor
Nov 16, 2013
I don't really solo that much. I have ONE solo character and it's . But it's level 6 so I can't really tell you if it's good But if I really had to choose I'd say because that school gives you minions SO EARLY in the game that you can't even imagine o.o (Like level 5) So, you wouldn't really "solo"! (I might be saying the dumbest thing ever but hey, I wanted to post something )

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
My opinion would be cause you can summon a minion to keep you alive. But I had to quit soloing at grandmaster.

Survivor
May 09, 2012
Storm, no doubt about it. As long as your gear is up to date, the damage outrules the fact that you have much lower health. My storm can solo pretty much any non cheating boss in the game.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I have personally experienced much success going solo for most of my journey. I am an ice wizard who studies life as the secondary school. Lots of defense combined with healing is sure to help you last a lot longer in combat.

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
ice probably beause they have more health
i do NoT recommend storm their spells are powerful but they fizzle WAYYYY TO MUCH
you can also go with balance because they have alot of blades
death is ok too not as very helpful as the others though
and life

taylor searider level 31 magus thaumaturge

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Another good layout is to primarily be a Storm wizard and take Death as a secondary school. Storm wizards are strong. Yes they have the lowest accuracy and health, but if you take Death that won't be a problem since Death has draining spells with an 85% accuracy (trust me, that extra 80 health that you got from using the Ghoul spell can save you from dying in the most important moment. Based from my own experience). In my opinion, whatever your primary school is, you have to take Death since it has draining spells and Feint (+70% to any attack on target and +30% to any attack to self). Feint may not sound like a good idea since it places a trap on you (and I definitely don't recommend it for PvP), but it's a lifesaver when questing (creatures don't use it smartly). Hope that helped :).

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
Do balance then have a storm friend to help you and have a life friend for healing.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
In my opinion, I think fire or death would be the best schools to solo. But honestly it's hard to solo on all of them!

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
Blaze5364 on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
My opinion would be cause you can summon a minion to keep you alive. But I had to quit soloing at grandmaster.
well ice myth and balance also have minions

mine is an ice minion

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
I would say either death or life out of the three classes that I've challenged this game as.

I first chose life back when I first started playing this game. With being new and all, I had no idea what I was doing so it was quite difficult for a while. Sooner or later, I adjusted, and I found out that life has quite an advantage with all the healing spells.

I tried storm not too soon after I got to level twenty-six, and found it MUCH more difficult. Storm fizzles frequently, sometimes repeatedly, and it's quite harder to heal while you're busy trying to attack everyone else. I eventually gave up on my account, deleted everything, and gave my account to my sister.

Well I returned (obviously) last year, bought a membership, and excelled up to a death grandmaster wizard. It was near impossible to solo in Malistare's Lair (I mean, Malistare is a death wizard. I only had five prisms, that was just plain impossible.)

Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
My witch is a Life user, with both Death and Balance as her second and third school respectively. At level 46, I've nearly completed Mooshu, and will eventually head to Dragon Spyre. All in all, I find that it isn't too hard to handle dungeons by myself. Things take a bit longer, but it's also pretty fun.

I love the Life Minion and work well with it.

So, go for Life. You won't be disappointed.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
Myth is by far the best for soloing bc of the minions and balance is probably the worst!

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
I have a death wizard at mid krok, a storm at the beginning of marleybone and a level 45 life wizard. I find the death the best to solo as you restore health as you attack as opposed to life where you need to sacrifice a valuable chance to attack to heal yourself. Storm while having high attack power, has low health and accuracy rate which makes it more stressful to play.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
Rosalyn Lightweave... on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
My witch is a Life user, with both Death and Balance as her second and third school respectively. At level 46, I've nearly completed Mooshu, and will eventually head to Dragon Spyre. All in all, I find that it isn't too hard to handle dungeons by myself. Things take a bit longer, but it's also pretty fun.

I love the Life Minion and work well with it.

So, go for Life. You won't be disappointed.
You're level 46 and you just completed mooshu? I defeated malastaire at level 46!!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I think it is a tie between Myth and Death

Ethan LifeWeaver level 43 Wizard

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Lindsey Silver on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
Do balance then have a storm friend to help you and have a life friend for healing.
not everyone has friends ya know specially ones that will do the entire game with you

Ethan LifeWeaver Level 42 Wizard

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
i think death wizards are the best at soloing because they heal themselves and hit at the same time

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
personally, I think ice is the best - high HP, insane resist, if you meet a ice boss there's prisms. life's healing or storm (insane dmg & accuracy/hp can be fixed w/ gear) might make them viable, but definitely not balance (less blades/traps to use for attack, no prisms for balance bosses, chimera is useless even with blades/traps, no good higher-leveled gear)