Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
I think all schools are effective to solo the game if you have a good battle strategy. However, ice and storm are really good for soloing in my opinion. Hope that helped!

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
I've only ever qualified for the school, but I believe that it doesn't matter what your school is, I think it matters what the spells you use are.

Here is some advice:

*Before beginning the battle immediately, (this is the most common mistake people make), look at your opponent's school, and fight it with it's opposite. Here are the opposites:

However, when fighting an opposite, it is inevitable that your enemy will know the shield spell to block it's opposite. Be sure to have the weakest opposing spell possible (that takes the least pips possible, preferably 0) to knock down these shields with ease. This is why I would suggest having multiple wands with 0 pip spells: One for each school that opposes your own school(s).

*You should have separate sets of armor for different cases, like +250 health in one case, and +200 health and +15%(shield icon) in another case (when you are fighting a creature).

If you want more advice sometime in the near future I will post battling advice and invite others to post advice in a post labeled, 'Battling Advice'.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
I've played every class but Myth. My fire is 100, and the rest range from 40-70. In my experience so far, Death has been the best for solo. Being able to heal yourself for impressive amounts while doing respectable damage is hard to beat-- scarecrow is incredible in this regard. Throw in the Gargantuan line of spells, and it gets pretty crazy. For Life, everything changes for the better after you get Forest Lord, and you can solo pretty well. I still think Death is more effective at it though. Storm is very solid too. Gear quickly makes up for the low accuracy, and after that it's just the low health that holds you back (as it should for a class with this kind of damage). Obviously Storm kills much faster than Death, but for the long haul solo game, I would choose Death. Probably Storm second, and Life third. Again, this is just my experience.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
I think ice would be a great class to solo with, but only when you get your frost giant spell you can possibly solo most of the game except the dungeons that you absolutely need to have people with like the Darkmoor dungeons.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
I solo'd the entire game with a wizard. I think it's a good choice because you can heal and attack at the same time so you can sustain yourself during a fight, and not have to worry about a healer. Deaths spells are also capable of doing great damage.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I honestly think NO classes can solo the game, If any classes it would have to be either Ice with a secondary of Death Up to feint and Life , or Fire and Storm with an optional third class of Life or an Astral School, but it is nice to have any other class as an alternate character.

Survivor
May 15, 2011
Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
Ice gives you more health at a lower level so at level 40 yo have 3,498 health already

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
There is no best class.Each class has a good advantage like storm is really powerful, but its low in auccury. Its your choice of witch is best.

MichelleStarMask level 24 student

Survivor
Oct 26, 2013
Storm is good with high damage out put but you want to focus on powerpip and acuuresy to get your hits out also high attack don't worry about health because if u play it right the battle should be done before u can get hurt but do keep healing current and pixie just in case and keep your deck small just blades heals and your most oorerful attack try to get tempest

Survivor
Mar 04, 2013
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
Use balance and learn all storm spells before anything else that's what i did and i'm a level 32 wizard
Tasha Jadethorn Level 32

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
I am a Storm wizard, and I have found Storm really easy to solo with. I trained to Centaur in Life, and trained the Elemental Blade, and got to Tower Shield in Ice. I feel that Life is the most effective to have as a side school, and Ice (For Tower SHield) or Death (For Feint) to get get as a third school. Then at Celestia, I invested in the Moon school which was really stupid. I suggest going for Sun (Adding damage to a card) and going for Star for the extra critical, or extra damage. I feel that Storm is the best School, and will remain that way for a while. School's that I don't suggest are Ice, and Myth, and Balance in a way. Myth is rediculous, you get minions that arn't affective at a higher lvl, and they take your traps! Ice can't solo what so ever, unless they're an experienced wizard, and balance is a terrible school until you reach the Hydra.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2014
I think that the best class to solo the game with would be death. What can I say they can heal and attack at the same time with reasonable health and accuracy.

Alexander Stormglade lvl 80

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
There aren't many good solo classes. I am usually a solo player and I'm a Myth. It works out pretty well, so I'd suggest Myth or Life with the secondary school as Storm. (for health and damage)

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
I say the best is a team of fire and death

Artur spiritshade Lvl 73 ()

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
death and myth are the best to solo with

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
and also ice cause of the resist and amount of health

Survivor
May 15, 2011
is the best solo school if u know how to use it and so is cause of the ability to survive a long fight. I soloed a my & and it was easy. The only problem with is celestia and is ok once u get out mooshu. If u take my advise u will see I am correct. I am currently trying so and it seems to be good for pvp at lvl 5 to 10. If I were you I would be making one of the two I mentioned about now :P
unknown life wiz

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
chrisbot94 on Aug 19, 2008 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D
I do the same thing, sometimes though the bosses can really be a pain T.T

Morgan Dreamthief Level 85 and

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Obstacles in the game challenge each class of wizard. I completed the final dungeon in Celestia on my own, but I needed life TC to defeat the second boss because of its cheat.

I think any wizard can "solo" the game if they know what they are doing. I often use Wizard101 Central's wiki pages to figure out how to beat cheating bosses. I also look up videos to find whatever Zeke wants me to find in each world for my training points.

In a sense, I'm not really playing the game solo because players before me have helped me whether they know it or not by sharing their information about the game freely.

And what about getting good gear? Can you honestly tell me you did dungeons like Aquila ones or Waterworks without a team and completed the sets their bosses drop?

Sure, you can complete the game on your own without those items, but the equipment bosses drop not only make the game easier, but they also serve as status symbols. A player in full Hades is someone you know has more experience than most in the game.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
There is no chance of soloing the game with any school and any gear.
Easier to go through quests fast is Ice/Fire the original.(Storm is still good but kinda hard to level up)
Death is the hardest because you have no AoE damage until level 48.
Anyway yeah Fire/Ice are the easiest to go through the game with.

Happy Questing!

~Try everything more than once~
Angel FrostBreeze
Level 83 Knight of the Silver Rose

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I wood say a group of life ice and storm.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
MasterForm on Aug 17, 2008 wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.
Yeah you need a group of Witches and Wizards.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
Hawk on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.
solo with death...

Survivor
Jan 02, 2014