Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
The best is period

Ha see what I did there I put a exclamation point instead of a period

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
I would actually say that a high level life wizard would be the best since they can heal and attack. Another good one would be balance wizards, mine managed to beat wizard city at level 8 and marleybone at 22. She is stuck at times in ds due to low health, but if you get gear with health, balance is best.
vs which is best? You choose.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
SyphaN wrote:
I agree 100% with that.
Balance magi's can use any spell card from any school, not to mention
your 1st, 2nd and 3rd school cards.
I also agree that is best since they can also fizzle any school, attack any school, learn the spirit and elemental blade and traps for free, learn reshuffle for free, heal friends and self, do large amounts of damage, and have cool spells.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

Good point Headmaster Ambrose

In fact I think Myth and minion makes a good two-wizard team with Death and minion:

wizard on , wizard on (eye) , Minotaur Minion on , Malduit Minion pm
equals rocking duo + 2

IGN: Diana Raveneyes

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Death school. I soloed through dragonspire and I often take on bosses solo that others need a group for.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2009
You can definitely solo the game. It's designed so that teaming up will make it exponentially easier, but soloing is possible throughout. I'm level 37 and have solo'd the entire thing so far. school + healing.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2013
I have brought an Ice/Life/Death character solo over Drangonsphyre to Celestia. I have left behind Aquila and some extra fights like the one in Wisteria with the cheaters. My wife (balance/Life/Death) was surprised seeing me going through all bosses alone. I have found easy to fight boss. In certain cases takes time (and rarely I have been defeated) and I mean it. I have fight a boss for nearly one hour before I was able to bring him down, and I ended up with most of my life still there thanks to satyr healing.
I am doing a fire character now. Not the same fun and completely different strategy. Done up to Wisteria and Grizzleheim alone. Let's see.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I say storm and life.

I have a storm level 95, and had this wizard since I started this game. I believe storm is just... AMAZING once you have healing current to solo with. Also, while you receive healing current you get a minion too... pretty strong as well. (75) Now I solo mostly everything since all my friends are ahead of me since I am leveling my life as well. I have only died about 5 times in azteca, solo'd mostly all of it (except the obv ones like belloq and xibalba etc.) In khrysalis I haven't died yet (and almost done) I also don't have a healing pet, showing that storm is just quite easy to solo with. Also, I don't even plan a strategy to kill bosses, I just go along with it. By the time you have got sirens, you are pretty much OP.

Life is great to solo with as well (42) I have not died once on my life, solo'd sunken city at level 22 and has solo'd everything so far. Now I never have had a life over level 50, so I don't know TOO much but then again I have a friend who is a life, max lvl and he does not even have good stats... (No UNI resist and only 50% damage as well as 7% accuracy, 170 crit and 95 uni crit block) yet he solo's EVERYTHING. His pet does not heal regularly either. But then, from my point of view once you are level 58 life becomes a whole lot different and EXTREMELY strong.

I also recommend getting sun school spells for both (up to colossal) and some aura's. I wouldn't recommend the level 86 life aura though... You should have enough crit and outgoing to heal a good amount.

My storm has death up to feint as secondary and life up to satyr for third. Once you get enough points you should get tower shield asap.

Life has death up to feint and will soon have ice up to tower shield at level 45. The rest of points should be on sun school stuff and reshuffle blah blah.

I'd say with this set up, you could solo fairly easily.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
Um.... Not really. It takes a LOT of luck and it depends on how you use your spells wisely.
FOR EXAMPLE:

1. If you got low health, heal.
2. If you are powered up, but have low health and think you might one shot kill, then attack.
3. If you have a lot of health, and are ready to attack, check if you powered up enough. (Feints, blades, Hex, and other boosts).

So, have fun, hoped this list helped you solo better [Classes have weaknesses and specialties which make every class unique in it's own way!].

Your friend~ Blaze FireThorn/Lvl 95/

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
In my opinion every class has it's special meanings like fire has over time ,ice does with shields, storm does with damage, life has with healing, myth has stuns, and death has stealing health and balance would have type shielding and type attacks this is just my opinion though I hope might at least let new people know what the school but I'm not sure my self but that's what I know hope everyone has fun playing. ~ James sprite gem

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Defender
Oct 21, 2010
Ice, definitely because of the high heath and defense.

Death because of the nice attacks with the added ability to steal health.

Just my opinion.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
My main wizard is balance-storm-life and being three is the best for solo gameplay it's easy to gain health with life and the next second attack with a storm or I buff myself with balance and then summon minions with balance as well but that's not all you also need to have the right equipment to help with your game style mine is good for solo and group fighting. That's why I think it's good to be mainly balance and life and storm they seem to all work together and deliver a powerful attack as well as a powerful defence for my wizard. My name is Paige dragoncrafter.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
Absolutely Balance. We have great percentage rates, pretty good damage, and we have a lot of multi-attack spells. The worst things about balace wizards are, We don't have a lot of balance blades, we can't make balance into a different school when fighting balance enemys and which I personaly, I think they should make some kind of chaos school or something so balances can change their spells. It would make the life of a balance much easier!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
chrisbot94 on Aug 19, 2008 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D
Yeah balance is awesome

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Death. Here's why…

You can damage your enemies while healing yourself. So, you wouldn't need someone in Life school healing you 24/7.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
I am a Myth/Death combo, and so far I have had little difficulty soloing the game. My minions are a huge help, of course, and the vamp spells I have at my disposal are also very effective in dungeons. I find that this strategy also works very well in PvP.
Jesse Drakebreaker

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

I like myth kind of, but what worries we is that the myth teacher is Malistare's brother.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2012
fred starhunter on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
Yeah balance is awesome
I must agree with you, balance is good but what if there was a school that combined balance and life? that would be an awesome solo class. Dont you guys think so?

Stephanielvl 47 life

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
If you want to solo the ENTIRE game instead of just the first few worlds like I've been noticing, death is the best choice.

Also, to all of you who said balance is "the best," try going to worlds like Avalon and higher. This is just my opinion but I think the odds grow increasingly against balance as you level up. It's not fun when you have to collect items from ice enemies who rarely drop items (yeah I'm also addressing the annoyance of never collecting items for quests here) and spam shields like no tomorrow, since balance isn't exactly equipped to deal with shields unless you have pierce tc, although I will say that it is considerably easy for balance once you get sharpened blade (I actually didn't dread questing after I got it ).

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
I like ice. Maybe Because i am ice.

-Blaze DragonDust

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
I choose . I've noticed that i have been able to solo 70% of bosses, 10% other people joining me, and 20% needing help (Of course in main end of world Dungeons)
Its really easy for me to solo bosses, though i ask for help on cheating bosses and etc.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
darkrabbit4 on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
Myth/life does pretty well solo for awhile (summoning minion to do damage while you buff/debuff/heal)

But once you get to a certain point you'll need at least another person to help out. I think once I got to level 30 I couldn't solo anymore - it was too hard and I kept dying.
i think that playing or and a fraind play the other is the best

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
life is the best after death to solo, and on a wizard i soloed to mooshoo and nearly beat it