Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 17, 2012
gswift7 on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.
i did the same think with my death guy. there is no solo school
Justin firethief lvl 9o

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
This is a good question

Honestly, W101 was made so that all the schools balanced out in the end, which they do very well. I just recently started Zafaria, and have been soloing lots of things including street fights and sigil fights. I am an Ice Wizard, and so far I am not finding anything that is ridiculously hard that I MUST call in friends or other help. As you progress through the game, you will find that soloing certain things isn't as hard as it was back when you were still a Magus. If you stack up enough blades and traps, and put on your school's boosting aura, then defeating bosses and street enemies isn't so hard.

Overall, however, for some points in the game, I would rate Myth, Death, or Ice as the best schools to solo most of the game with

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 62 Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Nov 09, 2011
Storm is the best solo class because if you get the right armor/gear you can beat the game I did the game solo im a level 90 right now I didn't need any help on any dungeon

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
I'd have to say do it with a life an ice and a balance. Balance gets the spell judgement witch does a lot of damage, also they get good traps and blades to help you with that, life heals you greatly, and ice can do spells that come with a stun witch is helpful if the boss is strong and hits hard and frequently. The minimum level for these schools of ice-20 life 25- and balance 30. If done with these schools and with these levels or higher, then you will have success!

I really hope this helps!

Nicole Blueleaf level 33, also working on and

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
One word. (Or symbol actually.) is the best school ever. My first character was an Ice wizard, and every time I took the test for a new wizard, it seemed that I always got Myth. I resented picking Myth, until I felt like trying it a year later. It is the best thing if you want to solo it. You can get all the cool minions you can imagine, with excellent health and nice damage. For a secondary, I would choose or . I've had my character for about a month now, and I'm in MArleybone at level 29. It's really fast and awesome. I totally suggest that you make one.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
DanielleAndLenora on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
One word. (Or symbol actually.) is the best school ever. My first character was an Ice wizard, and every time I took the test for a new wizard, it seemed that I always got Myth. I resented picking Myth, until I felt like trying it a year later. It is the best thing if you want to solo it. You can get all the cool minions you can imagine, with excellent health and nice damage. For a secondary, I would choose or . I've had my character for about a month now, and I'm in MArleybone at level 29. It's really fast and awesome. I totally suggest that you make one.
Is easily the best school i am lvl 38 and got 2,316 life

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
best solo class? i'd have to say , , and maybe ?

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I'm an wizard and I've been mostly fine so far though I have had to ask for help once or twice on certain quests. So far I've beaten both the clock towers and am about to try Big Ben.

I think it's possible, but very challenging to beat the game myself no matter what shool you are in. But personally I think school is best for solo because of the huge amount of damage it can do.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
critical blizzard on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
lol some people keep thinking of it as best school which there isn't one but this is best to solo completely different balance and life are set up to help others balance making a friends attacks stronger and life healing friends while storm is a high damage school and seems good for soloing it has low health so its hard to get high enough pips to cast their awesome spells so the help of a life with their heals or an ice with their defense and taunts may be necessary so thats leaves me with fire with their damage over time death with their health drains and myth with minions well minions and health drains seem better for soloing to me but cannot think of which is better
ok about when i narrowed it down to myth and death minions are kewl for solo most promethean conjurers i have seen had decided to stop using minions and base their strategy around earthquake hummongo frog spamming which doesn't seem the same for solo and why death was lacking i was thinking of wraith and stuff then i realized death blade damage aura good damage and resist after getting to the right level (or having a scarecrow pet) hit mobs with scarecrow and if boss hit him and minions with a stacked scarecrow then deathblade, aura, sun spell, feint and then skeletal pirate wraith or whichever death single target attack you prefer

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
all depends on how you think. but storm or ice wouldn't require as much thinking :)

Survivor
May 19, 2012
I've been with the game for several years, and I have found some specially effective class combinations.

/, or / is the best for obvious reasons, due to the power of the storm balanced out by the healing of life, and the fizzle rates easily balance each other out. My sister has a main that is life and storm, and she is very happy with the combination, and has practically soloed everything up to Dragonspyre, which she is now nearing the end of.

/ is the next best, in my opinion, which is the combo I have. Not fire and myth, because myth is useless unless you primary it. The minions are the real benefit of it, and with the fire, you can burn through most places on your own, and several dungeons.

/ or / is, admittedly, not a combination I have experience with. And I may sound ignorant, but those two schools are, in my opinion, weakest. But that's, of course, just me. But I just kind of assumed that together they'd balance out quite well.

/ is without any proof, as I have not yet tried it yet, a powerful combination. With the fire power of, well, fire, and the buffs of balance, it makes sense that it would do well.

/ is kind of universal- anything can secondary with balance. It just works. But I would suppose the elemental schools would be best, or life. Balance is a mystery, short and sweet. Never had the honor of playing one. But it's a good class to have, because it really pulls together a group. But it doesn't necessarily have to be primary. It's attacks are not its strongest suit, and the real gold is the buffs it gives. A good wizard to level up with a main.

So, if you ask me, my ideal team would be a- /, /, /, /. But that's just me.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2012
kingarlo on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm an wizard and I've been mostly fine so far though I have had to ask for help once or twice on certain quests. So far I've beaten both the clock towers and am about to try Big Ben.

I think it's possible, but very challenging to beat the game myself no matter what shool you are in. But personally I think school is best for solo because of the huge amount of damage it can do.
I see your point but remember storm has doesn't have a lot of accuracy so your cards will fizzle a lot but maybe a with and as a backup
(but only till satyr and feint) and use the rest on or or .

But that is my opinion .

Stephen Ironsword lvl 37 and lvl 12 .

Survivor
Sep 10, 2013
Hawk on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.
Truly

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
As a new player to this game, I totally agree with the last 5 years of postings as there is no single end all be all school of magic, however I have found that in the schools I have attempted, the school of is best suited for solo play. The ability to deal damage to opponents while healing your self is tough to beat. If the school is not to your liking then please remember that that all the schools give you a "prism" spell insuring you can hit your opposing school with optimal damage, and there is no reason for placing points in a 2nd school unnecessarily. While leveling up to 50, you will want to visit the tree in Krokotopia for additional Blade and Trap spells, and at level 50+ you will want to repeatedly visit the Astral school trainers for spell buffs that are extremely helpful to you, regardless of what school you decide as your main.

As you level, remember to also upgrade your gear for the various benefits it offers your character at your new level.

Bottom line, pick the school that best suits your play style, perhaps do a little research first. or just simply play a few for some first hand experience, and then decide for your self, and Have Fun!

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
I don't really know but storm is pretty good. I've gotten up to Celestia so far on my storm.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Even though my main wizard which is is great in some dungeons and battles alone, I always find myself needing assistance from (most often) a life wizard. I changed out my secondary school from to and I realized that this combination is one of the best I've yet to see. Best accuracy + Huge healing mixed with the Worst accuracy + Huge hit is really a great outcome.

Level 61
Level 12

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
To me I personally think that every school had it's own good outcome with battling.

Though the ones that i would be fond of to solo the game with, (not that I've ever done it before), would either be a , a, or a /

Myth wizards are obviously good at soloing due to their minions and the help they get from spells. Balance is also a good one because it has many blades and traps and pretty much nothing can block a balance attack. Finally a death/life wizard or life/death wizard good become a great success in soloing because of their healing and attack/healing spells.

There really is no single school that's good with soloing. These are just what I would think be good.
You also have with has a ton of health but low damage, and with a ton of damage but low accuracy.

I hope I helped!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
storm

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
No hawk, Death is not the best to pick. Thats for sure! No offense but death is the worst school

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
There is no " best class to solo with "
But if we had to decide, I'd say storm class, but with some hesitation in my tone.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
All this is true, solo is great for any school if you are vigilant in deck and clothes preparation of your character, also I find it more enjoyable to team up and pound the dog out of the big bosses and everyone succeeds! helping each other is part of what its all about.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
I am a storm/ life its easy to solo but sometimes its hard to solo so I would go with /

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
Every class has it's ups and downs. Ice has low attack power, but high health and tower shield. Death has convert damage to health. Balance is a mix of everything. Fire has DOT spells (damage over time). Storm is probably the opposite of ice, with low health but powerful attacks. Life has loads of healing. And Myth has minions and stunning. Pretty much, in summary, your question is unanswerable.

Gavin MythBreaker Legendary Necromancer

Ps: I think Ice and Storm is a good combination, but like I said, anything is good.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
chrisbot94 on Aug 19, 2008 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D
agreed,
balance in general is a really good scool.especially with ra.seriously ra is a very good spell but storm would also be ok b/c of stormlord,

sloan wild mancer lvl 36

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
Definetly not Ice. Im only Level 12 and I had to try more than 5 times to defeat him. Death is pretty awesome so you can heal and attack. However, personally I think that Balance is best for soloing. Those elemental and spirit shields can help you so much!