Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
I would recommend Ice with secondary's in Myth and Death and a third as Balance. You usually find that you need a diverse group of players with different schools; but thats not the case if you have a wide arrange of different school attacks and defenses 8)

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
I am a level 80 Necromancer. I soloed everything except the main bosses at the end of each area. oh and a few bosses inside Avolan. I just used shields, alot of TC shields. Just takes tatical planning, the correct resistances on your gear, amd alot of patience.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
:? all you people who say that balance is the best i object because only thing i can say is they don't have prisms and even if they have every school that make no difference to me and they make me mad with their shield :P

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I would say if you can get a gift card, use the robes, boots, hats, etc to get the highest amount of health and mana, then be a storm wizard which gives you the +accuracy spells and the strongest spells, and the secondary school as life or fire. Anyone agree?

Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
I would suggest to use a balance. They can be good at defeating regular street mobs if you just buff up a sandstorm. Also they are decent with defeating bosses because of average to high damage attacks.

-Blaze

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Any school can solo the game clear up to dragonspyre and usually most or all of it. After DS though it gets tricky, You still can solo but it takes precision ,deck strategy and luck.

But anyone can solo up to Mallistaire no problem. And i wouldnt say death is the best soloer because the damage isnt high enough. storm or fire with life or death as a side are best solos because of high damage you can do.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
In my opinion, death has the highest probability for soloing the game since their spells can heal themselves and damage mobs at the same time. But there is really no "best class for soloing".

Explorer
May 09, 2011
You do not know what you have started. I will sit back, invite vonawesome, gtafreak, seasnake, ravenlady and myself to a cookout, and watch the new movie, best class to solo the game with. Honestly man, there are strengths and weaknesses. you dont know how many times i gotta tell ya. There is no best class.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
to be for real fire is most solo-able because it gots the health its gots the criticals it gots the power it gots the smarts well thats if your smart to be a fire wizard

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
death i dont agree with the headmaster!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Absolutely correct MasterForm!,

You will never ever be able to solo the entire game especially Waterworks. :) :P

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hey Yash, I HATE Fire and think you're acting like fire is UP or OP orsomething. Your character is 75, so it has really good accuracy from the better gear from that level. Those who are 55- don't have as good accuracy, because they're fighting weaker mobs. That pretty much gives it away.The jungleteeth in the floating land, eh, not so much, but kinda everything below. Mobs in your area are mostly around 2,500 hp, and so you need better gear to fight them.

Quinn Goldenslinger, level 56 ice

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
I'm a 37 Myth Wizard (2nd character, haven't played awhile/jumped around on other characters.) And i'm still soloing the bosses in Mooshu, without Minion help. (Crazy me!) I've heard that Myth and Death are 2 of the best ones, since Myth conjures Minions to aid you in battle, and Death is all just HAX damage and UBER HAX heal. Your choice, my friend.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2008
I was able to solo the game as my ice wizard until i hit malistair. And now that i'm in celestia i can still do most quest's by myself, although certain boss's i have to have my friend's help me with.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
I've completed the game solo with Fire (pyromancy). Fire wizards are some of the most powerful at dealing damage, but don't have many spells for healing. So if you go solo with a pyromancer, make sure to use 75% of your training points on life spells, that way you have several ways to heal yourself. Hope this helps!

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
The game is too difficult to solo the game with a certain class. you need to unite some schools. If you wanted to do the game with four people, these would be my choice in my point of view:
Balance or storm, both great at attacking, balance great at shielding and healing too.
Death, great at attacking, great at healing, and great at boosting attacks up.
Ice, great at shielding, only reason to have an ice wizard in my point of view.
Life, great at healing.
Those four schools combined, with either storm or balance, you wouldn't die at all.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
But really, balance with life and ice as back up with a few spells from death to get feint, it would be fairly easy to solo the game. Chimera and Judgement are really handy and beast, but takes lots of pips to deal a whole lot of damage. If i had to choose which spell to solo the game with, I wouldn't know what spell to choose. But really, balance with chimera and judgement, with life for healing and ice for tower, there would be nothing in the game that would stand up to you

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Ok, you can solo early in the game but in the higher worlds you have to have help!
I found life with fire as a second school worked well because life for healing and fire has good punch power or death with fire worked well. Death is great because you can hit and heal at the same time.
Didn't you love it when you could solo? Sigh
Mattie

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I've found that ice with a second of life is good.
Death trained up to satyr in life and ice trained up to tower I find are good too.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2012
I think life with ice up to tower and death to feint is the best class to solo with

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
I have played solo almost the entire game - with the exception of a few bosses. My character is storm and I'm level 50. Attacks with storm are awesome! I defeated the last Oni boss in Mooshu with only 1 attack - it did 8000 points of damage. It's totally possible with this school if you play your cards right (pun intended).

Survivor
May 04, 2012
Hey!
Honestly, there is no real type of wizard that you can solo with, if you try, you can solo with almost any school, its just how you fight. I did up to celestia pretty much on my own with a ice, Due to all the main story bosses being ice, I wouldnt choose death cause its a disadvantage, unless you had a mastery amulet, of coruse. Ice doesnt have many bosses with the type, plus its high health and attacks, you can defeat monsters pretty easily. Just try to make life your second school, you need the extra healing, cause ice doesnt have any healing spells, and that was a big problem for me. Then for a third school, why not storm? thats what my ice had, ice and second school storm, they work pretty good together

Hope i helped

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

Agreed.

From personal experience the best i found to solo is death with no backup magic, this means you can save training points for celestia spells or spells found from the various spell vendors across the spiral e.g. Sabrina greenstars shield spells. You also have more room for blades, traps and conversions/prisms in your deck.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
TheWillowingWizard on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
Hey!
Honestly, there is no real type of wizard that you can solo with, if you try, you can solo with almost any school, its just how you fight. I did up to celestia pretty much on my own with a ice, Due to all the main story bosses being ice, I wouldnt choose death cause its a disadvantage, unless you had a mastery amulet, of coruse. Ice doesnt have many bosses with the type, plus its high health and attacks, you can defeat monsters pretty easily. Just try to make life your second school, you need the extra healing, cause ice doesnt have any healing spells, and that was a big problem for me. Then for a third school, why not storm? thats what my ice had, ice and second school storm, they work pretty good together

Hope i helped
I agree. All school's are powerful so there really isn't any "most powerful" school. I am a storm wizard and i really like the power of it to solo with. any school can be really powerful with blades and traps (also feints if you have any!)