Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Koolaidman647 on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
storm no doubt
I don't think so, storm has really low health. Although nobody cam doubt their extremely strong attacks, while they prepare they might be defeated.

~ Vannesa Rainbowpetal, level 40 therguist

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
I'm a life/death combo ( because it makes sense :P ) I like to work alone, sometimes I meet some people and work together for a few quest and then I head for my own. I love death for probably one reason, the beloved feint. I love that spell so much you don't even know. I use my lifeblade, spiritblade and feint with my centaur, together creating 1900-2000 damage points. I must admit, life/death isn't what I call the best solo master combo.
I think the best way to solo through is taking ice as your main school and storm for your second. Before you go crazy disagreeing with me; remember, this is my opinion. Ice has extreme health, but they have weak attacks. Storm on the other hand has low health but amazing damage. If you use this combo you should get the storm mastery amulet. This way you have a high health wizard with high damage.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 40 therguist

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Vanessa891011 on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
I'm a life/death combo ( because it makes sense :P ) I like to work alone, sometimes I meet some people and work together for a few quest and then I head for my own. I love death for probably one reason, the beloved feint. I love that spell so much you don't even know. I use my lifeblade, spiritblade and feint with my centaur, together creating 1900-2000 damage points. I must admit, life/death isn't what I call the best solo master combo.
I think the best way to solo through is taking ice as your main school and storm for your second. Before you go crazy disagreeing with me; remember, this is my opinion. Ice has extreme health, but they have weak attacks. Storm on the other hand has low health but amazing damage. If you use this combo you should get the storm mastery amulet. This way you have a high health wizard with high damage.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 40 therguist
As someone who has soloed Ice, Storm and Death all the way through Azteca, I'd say Ice was the hardest of the three. Mainly because of it's low damage and need for more setup. Death was pretty easy because of it's life draining, but not very good in a lot of boss fights. Storm was by far the easiest to solo. Ice mixed with storm defeats both school's strengths. If you try to use storm with an ice wizard, you end up with very weak storm hits without having storm stats. Secondary schools should never be used for attacks. Your gear will always give better boosts for main school. Storm spells without a storm wizard just equals a lot of fizzling and weak attacks.

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

So true, headmaster, I love Myth Minions, I have a Troll Minion and a Cyclops Minion, and the minions are good, they know when your health is really low, say you were battling a boss and you have 200 HP left, your minion will know and cast a sprite on you, if you are life, Unicorn, Fairy, or Satyr.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2013
I'm switching my secondary school to death from storm.
So now i'm fire-death wizard.
death school s good for soloers because you can drain you're opponents health.

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
I say or

: because you don't really have to worry about your health dropping down to low, because you have really high resistance when I was lvl 30 I had 40% universal resistance, I didn't have to heal hardly and not to mention steal ward to take away opponents shields and not to mention Ice/ Frozen armor to block damage. For battles where you are facing lots opponents you have blizzard and snow angel, and for a 1v1 big boss fight you have the awesome Wooly Mammoth which also stuns.

: Well you don't have to worry about healing, I can fully heal myself with a fairy....it heals me by 1589 health easily. The only problem with life is that you don't get a multi hitting spell till lvl 58, but you don't have to give up on it so easily you will have a centaur for awhile that will be a great attacking till the massive Forest Lord. Then you have the best 1v1 spell ever Gnomes which not only does massive damage but puts 2 life dispels on your enemy which if they heal will not work and gets rid of there pips . Not to mention the king artorius spell is like a drain sort of.... Attack and then be healed lol

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
My fire wizard. Now my fire wizard, she stinks at solo. Probably soloed about like, IDK, 300 battles out of like, a LOT . My life and death wizard sucks too, despite everyone's success with life and death. Currently I'm working with an Ice and Death wiz, and she is GREAT at solo even though shes in Triton Avenue . Every time I've had to solo I've done good. EXCEPT the time there was an AFK guy and a meanie who fled as soon as he drew in another mob so it was a 1v2. I died . I think Ice is the best for solo. Fire, not so sure. Not many healing spells.

Hope I helped!

I'm not gonna list my Wizard City, but my Mooshu is Grace.

I suck at rhyming/writing/whatever that ^ monstrosity is. (spelled wrong)

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
octagig wrote:
I'm am ice/balance combo. :)

It isn't easy doing things by myself though. It REALLY isn't. There are far too many places with ice resistant enemies. It seems like they are the most common ones in the game actually. :( Sure there is the convert ice to fire shield, but that can only take you so far. In those battles I rely more on my balance or storm school spells, but since power pips don't apply to those it makes things very hard. The large amount of health and the health boosting gear that ice has does help a lot though. It seems that the players with the most health tend to be ice wizards. It does seem that the extra health just prolongs death at times though. :(

I'd think that Death would be a great solo school. Their school shields are excellent and REALLY boost their attacks. They do high damage and rarely fizzle out. The fact that there are a couple spells that do damage and heal also make this one good for solo-ing.
I definitely agree! I am Ice and Life, which was okay for me to solo in the beginning, but as I moved on I needed more help. One of my friends in Zafaria couldn't beat one of the bosses, (even though she's Fire and Death) so she called me to help her... even though I was level 35 and in Marleybone! It's a lot easier to do it with someone else, there is no specific school for soloing.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I think death is good solo because of its life draining ability but my necromancer is my only high lvl wizard so I have not had experience with the other schools so I don't know much

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
Hawk on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.
I agree

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
I mostly solo but if I need help I will ask my mom or my sister

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
I think death is best solo there are soooooo many times I have had low life of about 700 and where other schools would have died I hit with buffed drain spell and went up to about 1990 life and won the battle

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
seethe42 on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
As someone who has soloed Ice, Storm and Death all the way through Azteca, I'd say Ice was the hardest of the three. Mainly because of it's low damage and need for more setup. Death was pretty easy because of it's life draining, but not very good in a lot of boss fights. Storm was by far the easiest to solo. Ice mixed with storm defeats both school's strengths. If you try to use storm with an ice wizard, you end up with very weak storm hits without having storm stats. Secondary schools should never be used for attacks. Your gear will always give better boosts for main school. Storm spells without a storm wizard just equals a lot of fizzling and weak attacks.
Your right, good point. I guess I like the life/death combo. ( me ) It works out well for the beloved feint, although the rest of the spells, er not so much. Yeah, so life/death for me.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 40 theurgist ( I can never spell that )

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Personally i don't think there is a particular class that is good for soloing. See i used to do great with my balance wizard but when he got to celestia and especially zafaria it was tough to even defeat bosses without buying minions or having friends help out. Balance i feel is more of a group friendly class i W101 than a hardcore soloist.
Now the greatest classes that are great for soloing in my opinion is death and storm. death is great when you need to do damage and have low health, but storm is great just to quickly take out your opponents and can also heal now with the healing current.
Myth is also a great class to solo with i got through Wizard city- Dragonspyre with ease and still doing great for soloing. It gives you a chance to summon a powerful minion to take the punches while you can sit back and heal yourself or build up a powerful spell.
I fell that fire and ice are more of group friendly types as well where you can do moderate damage and have over time spells that help the group in an amazing way. Life is that class where it can keep you alive in a battle and will help you win. but as you get higher up it starts to get harder where you can't survive battles without one other person to help you.

Samuel GoldenCaster lvl 74 Balence,
Samuel MythCaster lvl 47 Myth

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Hi there!

For me personally, my storm has been soloing everything. Meanwhile, my ice has been horrible at soloing from the start. I don't believe that storm or any class could solo the entire game mostly because of how difficult azteca is. I would have to say for the most part, death. My friend who is a necromancer soloed most of azteca, only needed help here and there. I would have to say storm and death are the best to solo with.

Miranda Starblood lvl 92

Sierra Skygem lvl 32

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
and I think are kinda made to solo.
and, attack fast, it's easier if you kill/dot them before they attack you.
and, take your time, it's easier but longer that way.
is exactly what it says, your battles will be faster thanand, but slower thanand.
It is all about your play style. I hate long battles, so it is hard to soloand because I'm always rushing myself.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
Hawk on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.
I would say it is the school of fire is the best i went more then half way through the game but i could not get all the through because my cumputer would not work but i would still go fire.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
I suggest death, I am a level 92 death and I find it so easy to solo, when I need health I could just Von or crow. Death gives allot of traps which makes it easy to one hit bosses at my level. The only flaw I see with death is when at a low level there are no multiple hit attacks until level 48, unless you get the deer knight from lore master, but you can all waste just use fire as a secondary school for the meteor. But trust me it is so worth it I soloed like most of avalon but me and my friend wanted to quest together toward the end, the bosses I have trouble soloing is the cheating bosses. But that is my opinion and I hope you take it into consideration :D

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
gswift7 on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.
The thing I like about death is that you can attack and heal at the same time as in with life you have to get out of your way to heal, and it drains your pips

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Soloing is all about strategy your school is irrelevant.

For example Im fire who soloed just about everything sans Azteca, and a few other bosses. if i need to play defensive pull out the shield, offense grab some blades, etc.

Its all about knowing what you are up against and knowing how to adjust

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
Personally i don't think there is a particular class that is good for soloing. See i used to do great with my balance wizard but when he got to celestia and especially zafaria it was tough to even defeat bosses without buying minions or having friends help out. Balance i feel is more of a group friendly class i W101 than a hardcore soloist.
Now the greatest classes that are great for soloing in my opinion is death and storm. death is great when you need to do damage and have low health, but storm is great just to quickly take out your opponents and can also heal now with the healing current.
Myth is also a great class to solo with i got through Wizard city- Dragonspyre with ease and still doing great for soloing. It gives you a chance to summon a powerful minion to take the punches while you can sit back and heal yourself or build up a powerful spell.
I fell that fire and ice are more of group friendly types as well where you can do moderate damage and have over time spells that help the group in an amazing way. Life is that class where it can keep you alive in a battle and will help you win. but as you get higher up it starts to get harder where you can't survive battles without one other person to help you.
Good luck!

Survivor
Dec 06, 2011
So far (lvl 53) I've solo'd all the way; have never called anyone to help etc etc. Clever deck building and numerous decks tailored for specific enemies makes it possible, although it can be really hard at times. And it means carrying different equipment/clothing loadouts to suit the situation. The only exception to this has been when on Big Ben, a couple of friends had the same quest at the same time so for the social aspect we went in together. To be honest I'm not sure if I would have made it through there alone, but having said that the number of enemies you face alone is less than in a group and so it's just a matter of getting it down to a straight 1v1 from where you can control the field.

I've used death from the beginning, and I switch between using a mastery amulet for life or myth. Death has the benefit of attacking and healing simultaneously, but until later levels it really lacks the mass killing power of other schools. It gets the job done and keeps you alive, it just takes longer.

That said, looking at the quest spells for balance compared with those for death, I think if I were to start a new character I would go with balance as a first school and death as second, to make use of all those traps and blades etc. At the end of the day each school comes with it's own benefits and difficulties, and each player will most likely have an equally hard/easy time of soloing no matter which school they go for. Different bad guys and bosses are easier to take down with some schools than others and some are almost impossible if you happen to be of the school they are strongest against or most resistant to. Finishing Mooshu with a death wizard is not easy!

It's really just a matter of choosing a school you like, for whatever reason and getting stuck in. The biggest mistake I see people make is rushing through the main storyline and arriving in new areas at a lower level and with less spells and equipment than those who did side quests. They always scream for help!

Survivor
Aug 01, 2013
I think it is best to play the game with other people in other schools. The way i see it is that every school focuses on diffrent things. Here are what i think the diffrent schools focus more on:

:Blading, trapping, shielding and a little bit of attack
:Stun and normal attack
:Steal and heal (health)
:Over time attack
:Stun and double attack (minotaur)
:Heal
:Damage, damage, and damage

So over all i think you should play the game with other players of diffrent schools.

~Patrick StarShard level 39