Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
StormSloan on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
My Personal Opinion...... Storm as your primary and Fire as your second
Storm has low health and i have trouble even beating regular bosses by myself. Against big bosses i would get pwned. Second, In long game, you wouldn't get anything from fire except letting you cast helephant and doing 1000 damage when you can be doing 5-10k.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2013
Balance has a bit of everything. You can do a moderate amount of damage, but you can heal and once you get to the stronger levels, you get Chimera. It does 1040 without any boosts. Tons of boosts work on Chimera.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
Death and ice for me . My death is able to tell over 50,000+ damage with Dr. Von's Monster, which lets me come out of just about every battle with full health. My ice can withstand high amounts of damage and isn't defeated easily. I like balance and life too, but it takes too long for me to defeat bosses with those schools

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeralblossom Level 85
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 77
Christina Goldenheart Level 71

Survivor
Jul 18, 2013
There is none if there was then what would the other schools be of use?

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
Death. Once i saw the question i could answer it in a heartbeat.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
chanceumightwin on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
There is none if there was then what would the other schools be of use?
Myth, if played well. This is a difficult school to master for various reasons, but it is most rewarding when really strong enemies fall. Some areas, however, like the tower in Wisteria just "need a friend"

Survivor
May 27, 2013
Storm not just saying that because it is my own school even though i love rooting for my school woohoo but it is because of one spell... Tempest

with enough blade traps and gear boost you can do a lot of damage just go to a lvl28 plus storm person if you do it correctly it will KO you if you dont use shields all you need to do is storm blade feint balance blade balance trap windstorm storm trap and at least ten pips also get some gears and then use tempest

it is also is good on cheating bosses because it does not directly hit them so they will not use their cheats even if their minions are dead also storm does the most powerful spells

Jason Waterblade

“with enough time men can be strong with enough knowledge a person can be wise a true warrior is one that masters both“ i forgot who said that but i know he was a karate master

Explorer
Apr 11, 2012
There's honestly no right answer. But if I had to pick either or .

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
lol some people keep thinking of it as best school which there isn't one but this is best to solo completely different balance and life are set up to help others balance making a friends attacks stronger and life healing friends while storm is a high damage school and seems good for soloing it has low health so its hard to get high enough pips to cast their awesome spells so the help of a life with their heals or an ice with their defense and taunts may be necessary so thats leaves me with fire with their damage over time death with their health drains and myth with minions well minions and health drains seem better for soloing to me but cannot think of which is better

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
Personally, My opinion would be Balance, to solo with, because you get Elemental AND Spirit attacks and just balance throughout the game, also the shields, and you get 2 healing spells, but when your facing a Balance Boss, and they spam Spirit and Elemental Shield, just buy a couple of Shatter Treasure Cards, then use those before you attack. ( This will work better if you have myth amulet, cause i don't personally care to use them ) I Haven't really soloed the WHOLE game, but i have soloed some of the worlds. As long as you use your Head and have the right spells and Armor, (Very good resist for the harder bosses, such as Avalon and Azteca would work better also with a couple of shields in, so your whole spell deck isn't packed in with shields) And your secondary school could be life, Just till you get to Satyr ( Life amulet needed if Wanted) Ice also a secondary school choice, for Tower shield. Just a Simple Idea Its fine if you don't want to use Balance. :3 Your Welcome for My advice !

~Balance Rules! Taylor L85 Going on L90 Balance-

Survivor
May 13, 2012
wappy2002 on Aug 21, 2008 wrote:
I'm lvl 30 storm/balance wizard and i was doing great job until Marleybone. Now that i'm in Chelsea Court i'm expering an harder game and i'm relying a lot on my tank pet (Water Elemental). Playing with elemental help extends a lot the time of combat but keep safe my few life points; and i'm still soling all battles. I hope i can continue in this way, because there are few people when i play. Tempest Spell rocks but in Marleybone world a lot of monsters are storm resistent or cast storm shields, so i have to focus monster by monster hoping to do not fizzle 3 times in a row!
I have a wizard that I used for pvp but I got bored of questing on my wizard so I got on storm and I am currently going through worlds I solo mostly everything and flew right through wiz city krok and mb but I noticed I needed a little help with bosses in mushu then I got to dragonspyre the other day and I am having a difficult time fighting bosses because there health at mushu was 3000 and now boss health Is 5000-7000 so storm is good for getting the job done idk how anyone has trouble in marleybone it was the easiest world I ever did steven mythdust lvl 84

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
Honestly i'm a mage and i seem to be getting by the worlds by myself , you know because i keep healing :D.
but you know .. those mages got it good .. they drain everything, but they can't do it so often. i would say the best bet of beating this game is with mages ... so technically speaking :P

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
I assume there are many answers and opinions to that question. And many ways around it. It all depends which school you like best. You see if you like one school better than all the rest you will be more confident playing that than all the others. So choosing the best school fit for you is vital to this game (especially soloing).(storm) school hits mass damage but has low hit points.(ice) school does low damage and focuses on overtime and stuns and has higher hit points.(fire) school focuses on large damage over time and weakening other characters has average hit points. (balance) school is the balance between the three main schools (storm,fire, and ice) exceeding in weaknesses,blades,traps, and pips doing some pretty moderate damage.(death) school focuses on sucking life out of one non player characters (npcs) or character and giving it to the caster, having average hit points and decent damage. (myth) school mainly summon to win their battles, casting various maneuvers, average hit points, slightly less than average damage. (life) school also has low damage being almost equal with ice, they focus on massive (heals) and plain damage attacks. Along with your main school you can have a secondary school as well using training points to obtain those spells (training up to level 42 spells). And you get to obtain (sun),(moon). and(star) schools to maximize your wizard's strength (moon, sun, and star spells are unlocked at level 50)

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I'm level 25 and I solo the game to win battles normally won as a group I have to use lots of treasure cards

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

True fact, but minions are not always very strong and cannot heal you when you are defeated by your opponents because they just disappear. Whereas storm, with a few healing spells and high damage gear can blade and trap up and have a one shot victory which is a very popular strategy a lot of W101 players are using now.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2013
Best school to solo the game with: totally Of course your secondary should be and there you go the best type to solo the game

Rogan ShadowPants
Level: 14

Survivor
Aug 13, 2013
Best school to solo the game with: totally Of course your secondary should be and there you go the best type to solo the game

Rogan ShadowPants
Level: 14

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
Balance is would most likely your best shot for solo

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Zachary Stormblood on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Storm has low health and i have trouble even beating regular bosses by myself. Against big bosses i would get pwned. Second, In long game, you wouldn't get anything from fire except letting you cast helephant and doing 1000 damage when you can be doing 5-10k.
Probably life, Storm is already a strong school and they would make a good combo.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Ruthless Rook on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
True fact, but minions are not always very strong and cannot heal you when you are defeated by your opponents because they just disappear. Whereas storm, with a few healing spells and high damage gear can blade and trap up and have a one shot victory which is a very popular strategy a lot of W101 players are using now.
well that was more first approach at game also back then i didnt know about secondary schools or many things but i go beat up by wizardcity bosses all the time haven't tried to get through game on a storm since

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Glacier Girl on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
There's honestly no right answer. But if I had to pick either or .
Agreed. Those classes are easier to solo with. I have a level 90 balance, there were only a few fights (besides from hard dungeons) where i had to ask for help. Mostly i play when the bigger part of the server is sleeping (time difference) so i have to be able to solo most of the game.

I just started a new storm wizard, he is lvl 30 by now and progresses great through the game. I gave a nice pet (double resist, infallible, fairy) to him and that made my little storm very effective. I could solo sunken city and that hard dungeon in Krokotopia (idk its name).

So agreed again, balance and storm are nice for solo!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
xXLenoraXx on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Balance has a bit of everything. You can do a moderate amount of damage, but you can heal and once you get to the stronger levels, you get Chimera. It does 1040 without any boosts. Tons of boosts work on Chimera.

I prefer Sabertooth. I don't want to feint, feint, feint, then enchant feint, enchant feint, enchant feint to get a decent hit.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
critical death on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Well I have seen an Ice solo all of Xibalba but to solo effectively have a strategy and reshuffle plus tower and sprite. And djtwist, all school specific (or balance blade) blades must be earned by a quest and can only be used (Non tc or item card) by that blade's school (balance blade is an exception).
no, go see the tree in crokotopia, i have the spiritblade and spirittrap cards, as they give death/life buffs and debuffs aswell as myth... works well in my case

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
o, i see... i didnt realize you meant the whole lifeblade thing, my bad. i am aware that you can only get this from the life school quest, i just wish it wasnt that way for the blades and traps

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
I say choose or then get spells from both of them. can take s and ice may not have a good first spell but its rank 6 spell is powerful. And put the spell you get from the queen of the fairy's ( I forget her name ) in you deck its helpful. I'm saying this because I choose this combo.

Cody Thunderbrake lvl. 32 almost 33