Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
I would say prob life because well they can heal they have high accuracy good damage high health and forestlord is op

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Honstely,
I'm not too sure. And I will give some reasons why i'm not sure. First up Fire. Fire can have hard hit. But is accuracy bad. Resists can be good somewhat but not always. Next up Life. Life is the ONLY school that can heal others. Good thing is that they have great Resist And great Accuracy. Bad thing is they have a weak power of attacking. Trust me i have been this school. Next is Myth. Not that I know much about this school. The power is mostly a low attack. Accuracy is good I think. And Resist is kinda good. As I said i've never really done this school before. Next is Storm. Storm has one of the greatest attacking power i have seen. But Resist um yeah no so good as a starter. Accuracy not good. So Storm spells would fizzle a lot.Next is Ice. Btw i think ice may be a good school to go with. Ice power is not so good but it is better than life's power. Ice has a great resist. And Ice has a good Accuracy. Good thing is they can have high health.Like really high health. Better than life again. So i would suggets this school. Next is Balance. Now this school i'm not too sure on. But it is one of my favorites.So power on this school is little low. Accuracy is good. Resist is very good. Good thing is about this school is that they can cast a blade on anyone. They can power them self up easy.
From, Fiona FairySong Favorites: Balance , Ice , Life. NO OFFENSE.
Your Life Wiz Btw i didn't reseach any of this i know it by heart.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
Even though i am fire i would say storm. Storm is completely over powered and can pretty much instantly kill anything with the right boosts. Also storm tends to have the highest damage BUT has the lowest accuracy and or health.

Blaine thunderhammer level 66 fire wizard

Survivor
Nov 15, 2014
i think death is the best solo class right because of their new aoe drain spell

Survivor
Aug 10, 2013
I personally think Ice or Storm is the best, because with Ice you have the highest base health and armor made specifically for you give you high defenses. And with Storm your spells have really high damage.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
All the schools are good, but if you are trying to solo the game I think Life is the way to go. People are usually unable to beat Life wizards because of all their heals, and you can choose an effective school on the side. Plus, most bosses are death and have a boost to life
Kimberly Stormbane, lvl 34, Life

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
Myth is a good class because of minions, Thats what I think anyway

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
KimberlyStormbane on Nov 28, 2014 wrote:
All the schools are good, but if you are trying to solo the game I think Life is the way to go. People are usually unable to beat Life wizards because of all their heals, and you can choose an effective school on the side. Plus, most bosses are death and have a boost to life
Kimberly Stormbane, lvl 34, Life
Life has not got much power though myth is good because good power and summoning minions

Andrew HawkBlade

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
Ice rules259 on Nov 27, 2014 wrote:
I personally think Ice or Storm is the best, because with Ice you have the highest base health and armor made specifically for you give you high defenses. And with Storm your spells have really high damage.
Storm is good, I agree but Storm has bad accuracy and health this could cause death.
Andrew HawkBlade

Survivor
Jun 24, 2014
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

thats good master but in the beganing you said are strong but mostly you said that

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Survivor
Nov 21, 2014
I believe ice would be a good solo, because they have heaps of health. I had some trouble figuring out my secondary though...

Life can keep that health to max.
Storm can deal lots of damage.
Fire would help when I fight ice bosses.

I came to the conclusion that storm would be best.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2014
Defender
May 17, 2014
Also, death has a TON of secondary school combinations.

My favorite would be Death/Ice because once you reach Celestia, you wont even be using your secondary school spells which cost pips, and ice gives tower shield. Nuff said.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Nicole ShadowSong on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
Also, death has a TON of secondary school combinations.

My favorite would be Death/Ice because once you reach Celestia, you wont even be using your secondary school spells which cost pips, and ice gives tower shield. Nuff said.
I wouldn't advise going farther than Tower Shield, because, as you said, once you reach Celestia you won't be using your secondary school's spells, but if you want to, you can. I did just fine without an AoE, and if you have crowns or time to farm Loremaster, Deer Knight will be a tremendous help. I did the earlier worlds before Loremaster was added, but I'm duoing the game with a friend of mine as a Myth/Death combo. He got Deer Knight from a pack, and it's been a breeze since then.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2014
Hi when i used to play wizard years ago my first choice was fire, i was able to solo everything except major dungeons like big ben and those kind of long dungeons, the health isnt a problem most people think low accuracy and health sucks and like who would want that, but the d.o.t attacks are great i always would continously use them every turn tons of damage done to the enemy which is great, i personally am doing wizard again and decided to go with fire, i am just finishing side quest of fire cat alley then i will have cyclops lane, personally i havent had any trouble yet or needing anyone to help me but all schools are great, none are really better then the other.

if you like certain things like health and lots of resist i would go with ice

if you like damaging and healing i would go with death

if you like tons and tons of damage done to enemies then pick storm

if you like summoning things to help you in fights and decent attacks go with myth

if you like blading up trapping and stuff pick balance

if you like d.o.t (damage over time) spells go with fire

if you like to heal your friends and sort pick life

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I think it would be be somewhere in myth death or ice cause life heals to much and fire and strom no hp and fizzle to much oh yea and balance is my most I think

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
it's different for everyone. because every school requires different strategies and every body does better with different strategies.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2014
Flaeon on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
Life.
'Nuff said.
I have now come to the conclusion that it's actually storm. Based on the huge damage and such.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
Ice and Storm and Myth is good especially Fire.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
I think balance and life and a little of myth.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
Ian Skull Flame on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
I'm a Balance wizard, and it some what hard to work with. But i also have an ice wizard and his secondary school is life, He is going through the game so fast i am in Azteca. So i would choose ice and life put together. You'll be virtually invincible.

IAN SKULL FLAME Level 61
AUSTIN TROLL SWORD Level 89

If you are still in Azteca what area are you in because i kinda need some help questing XD... Lail Frosteyes lvl86

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
I believe the best school to solo is ice because they can do allot of stuff but I think they should buff there attacks like blizzard because it's so annoying trying to solo with weak spells but the bringers of ice is that they have more health than life and can have more resist than every school

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
it's death. Ive played the game on every school and death is by far the best to solo with.It takes a little longer to stack up your blades, but when you do, you can get 20k damage off of dr. von's monster or even nightshade. That's 10k health back. Sure storm has insane hits, but none of them give health back. to me, Hitting a little less but getting huge heals is a better gig than hitting hard and still not having enough to go into the next round and ultimately dying. I haven't had to had any help at all in Avalon so far and I leave each battle with full health. Don't get me wrong the other schools have great qualities but death was made to solo. storm was made to hit,ice was made to have health and resist etc.

Justin DragonFinder level 75

Survivor
Oct 31, 2014
I THINK it is death even though it is my least fav.