Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2009
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

i agree with headmaster Ambrose myth is a good solo class because of your minions

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
I think Myth is pretty good, but not good enough to solo the game. Even WITH minions. (I am not saying you're wrong Ambrose, just my opinion)

Here's what I think.

Oppisites.

Storm and Myth, Ice and Fire, Death and life. Or Balance and any other school. (not as effective)

Choose the school with the most health, and use all your training points on the other school's spells and some spells like elemental blade and spirit blade, elemental shield and spirit shield.

For example:
Myth and Storm.
Your school: Myth (has more health than storm)
Secondary School: Storm (most powerful school! BOO-YA!)

That way, if you're going up against a myth boss, you can pull out all these storm moves on him instead of using myth spells on a myth boss. (bad idea btw) Makes it A LOT easier. Same with the other school oppisites.

Your School: Ice
Secondary School: Fire

Your school: Life
Secondary School: Death

That's what I am gonna do with my second wizard.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Kandrel wrote:
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

Halfway through Krokotopia so far, and as a Fire school that's dabbled in life, I've found everything doable solo so far. Instanced boss fights are difficult, sure, and take some time, but I'm able to prevail a good amount of the time.

LOL! Wait 'till you get to Dragonspyre! You won't be able to solo aything at all! Almost every other quest is a more than 10 floor tower! Especially Malistare's dungeon. But for now your're fine.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
I have to say that Balance has to be the best class to solo with
because i have experienced first hand.
i did everything solo until Krok and even then i still did like 3 quarters
by MY SELF.We have healing , We have good attacks, We have the second best fizzel rate,
ps that means 2nd least fizzels
We have the most blades, We have the most traps,And the most shields.
Add me
Luke Sunhaven
lvl 33

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
I'm a Balance/Life and Iv'e done basicaly every thing solo with all the shields and blades from Balance and all the healing and atack cards from Life + what your outfit gives you your good to go!

I hope this helps :-)

Cody DragonGem
level 33 Balance

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
It is immposible to do the game alone, But i did the best with my myth wizard. I finished Krokotopia in two days with him, and did almost all of the dungeons alone except two.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
There are really no good school types to go solo with but what I learned as a balance wizard or what my instructer told me (not teacher) every school has advantages and disadvantages. Balances power is unbelieveable once you master it but it does take a lot of time to master. My opinion is myth but remember even this school has disadvantages. Balance is not powerful when in the first few level decades. Balance's top spell that you can train is hydra which is very powerful . . . well really every top rank spell for every type is powerful. So leave it at this, there are advantages and disadvantages for every spell type.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2009
I can't believe some people would say bogus to Death LOL I have soloed everything and in fact do better with soloing than with other people. I am a lvl 50 Death Ice and Storm I have shields for just about everything that comes my way for Balance well I have Tower Shield and for healing I have Wraith and Scarecrow and even with just a blade on I heal from all four enemies in the Greater Spyre etc? The only one that was impossible for me to solo (and possibly Malistaire as well) was Nidevellir (?) in Grizzleheim with the three bosses and the grendel, Gurtoks with their three little friends is not an easy battle but with a 700-1000 hp minion shielded and you just placing shields on yourself while you regain pips then you can finish it and with health left from your attacks. There are some schools that yes are better for playing with others but I think if not only you combo your schools right and manage your decks pre-fights constantly I don't think anything is impossible? And if you have one huge difficult boss fight and have no one to help you ... well, a Storm Minion treasure card comes in handy with it's shields and constant taunts to help you prepare the boss for big attacks and/or bring up your own minion. For those that think treasure cards are silly or w/e all I have to say is you do what you gotta do and they were added to the game for a reason :P

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
I've got six different wizards. All of them lvl 29 or higher and have soloed much of the game by myself. But the easiest one i found was Ice\Storm to start out with then when you get the elemental blades then switch to Ice\Death. that with the fact that you have ice armor and tower shield for defense plus feint, elemental blade and trap, ice trap, and ice blade(when you reach lvl 38) can kill most bosses like the oni's in one hit maybe two. so i will always say ice with the high resist to every school and the defense from shields makes it a force.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I'm doing Balance with life as my side. I usually summon a minion, let my minion do everything, and then just constantly heal. :) Plus Judgement is awesome! I'm in Mooshu still pwning all the enemies.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

IMO, Class is not nearly as important as good deck building. With the right size deck and a good mix, you tend to stay alive. Each class just requires a different approach on deck building. Take your time and learn the class you like best.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
My myth is about 2/3 through Mooshu right now, and I've soloed everything. I haven't found a boss that isn't possible to grind through slowly with 2-3 minions, the flipside of that is you are often looking at a 10-15 minute battle.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

Things to say:

1. Female wizards re NOT witches.
2. That was a wise thing to say.
3. Balance and ice are good

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
gswift7 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.

Life is totaly cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a life wizard myself

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
i would say death or life are the best. Death has those attack and heal spellcards, which can effectively keep you alive while killing the enemy at the same time. It also has the animate card (14 possible minion summons).
Life on the other hand, if you train balance's reshuffle, there is absolutely no chance that you will die. Life has the best heal cards, and if you keep reshuffling your deck, you have infinite cards, and infinite life. The down side is, life has the weakest spells BY FAR. It takes pretty long to solo, but hey, you cant die. Either way, they're both pretty good.
There are some tips on how to make your wizard stronger, or optimize their chances of enduring a battle(most of these tips are based on choosing secondary school)
-There's the ultimate defense tactic, which is where you choose life and ice as your secondary school, or vice versa.
-There's the offense tactic, which is storm and pretty much any other school class as your secondary.(Storm might have low health, but the accuracy boosts and power pip boosts they get later on in the game effectively let them end a fight in around 2-4 rounds)
-Dont every choose a secondary school cause of the damage. If you think about it, the damage spells in your primary school will always do more damage than your secondary. For instance, try to train for feint or tower shield, or satyr.

All in all, it all matters on how well you strategize. Heck, you can be 38 and still kill a grandmaster, if you know which cards to use.

Delver
May 31, 2009
the best school to solo depends on your fighting style. I have gone solo as life, balance, death all the way to level 50 some backtracking was nessasary. I am working with a myth and a fire, (the fire is loads of fun) and am finding those easy as well.

So I am convinced that the best class depends on the person not the school, but nervous people should start with life or death

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
I think that would be balance and before we start hating me i am a life wizard

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
garyboy11 wrote:
I think Myth is pretty good, but not good enough to solo the game. Even WITH minions. (I am not saying you're wrong Ambrose, just my opinion)

Here's what I think.

Oppisites.

Storm and Myth, Ice and Fire, Death and life. Or Balance and any other school. (not as effective)

Choose the school with the most health, and use all your training points on the other school's spells and some spells like elemental blade and spirit blade, elemental shield and spirit shield.

For example:
Myth and Storm.
Your school: Myth (has more health than storm)
Secondary School: Storm (most powerful school! BOO-YA!)

That way, if you're going up against a myth boss, you can pull out all these storm moves on him instead of using myth spells on a myth boss. (bad idea btw) Makes it A LOT easier. Same with the other school oppisites.

Your School: Ice
Secondary School: Fire

Your school: Life
Secondary School: Death

That's what I am gonna do with my second wizard.
that is what i did my school is life so i chose death for secondary school and i used two of my training pionts with the balance tree to get spirit blade and spirit trap and i can also cast myth so it realy helps having the spirit spells

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
JupiterzAgony wrote:
I can't believe some people would say bogus to Death LOL I have soloed everything and in fact do better with soloing than with other people. I am a lvl 50 Death Ice and Storm I have shields for just about everything that comes my way for Balance well I have Tower Shield and for healing I have Wraith and Scarecrow and even with just a blade on I heal from all four enemies in the Greater Spyre etc? The only one that was impossible for me to solo (and possibly Malistaire as well) was Nidevellir (?) in Grizzleheim with the three bosses and the grendel, Gurtoks with their three little friends is not an easy battle but with a 700-1000 hp minion shielded and you just placing shields on yourself while you regain pips then you can finish it and with health left from your attacks. There are some schools that yes are better for playing with others but I think if not only you combo your schools right and manage your decks pre-fights constantly I don't think anything is impossible? And if you have one huge difficult boss fight and have no one to help you ... well, a Storm Minion treasure card comes in handy with it's shields and constant taunts to help you prepare the boss for big attacks and/or bring up your own minion. For those that think treasure cards are silly or w/e all I have to say is you do what you gotta do and they were added to the game for a reason :P
If you dont want to fight all three bosses then you can just go through the doors next to it on either side and in both doors there is one of the bosses you should be able to kill them all seperately

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.
Wrong it is balance because in the discription it says that balance has a bit of everything.

P.S i am a life wizard 8)

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
My computer must have been glitching or something, because I am re-writing this reply for the third time lol.

Either way. Death and Life I would say have the best survivability.

Death automatically recovers health thanks to their drain spells, and Death wizards can use buffs to make their attacks incredibly powerful, equal to that of storm or fire magic. The more powerful their attacks become, the more health they would also regain.

Death also has a minion that inflicts additional damage, and with life spells, a Death wizard can use those to effectively damage Death mobs that have a lot of death resistance.

Life can quickly turn around and heal damage thanks to their innate power pips. Their healing minion can save them from the brink of death with its additional healing magic, while the Life wizard can attack. They can also go into death as secondary magic, to damage mobs resistant to life.

I would say, thanks solely to the healing minion, that LIFE ends up being a winner in the solo/survivalist category.
I disagree I think it is balance and before you yell at me and insult me I am a life wizard balance plus any other school is a very good combanation

Survivor
May 24, 2009
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

hehe i agree :P

Kelsey Myth, level 50 myth

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
My post was quoted that was written like.. half a year ago. *blush.

I am flattered, disagree or no disagree.

I did say LIFE was *probably* one of the best, because of their natural healing ability with power pip and extra healing spells, and such.

I now came back to Wizard101 to level my Myth wizard. I always liked Myth, or anything "Summoner" or classes with pets.

While ALL classes have their own individual pets, they all have their "unique" AI's, and the non-myth jobs can only stack up on 3-5 of those pets.

Myth can have a lot of pets easily stacked amongst their deck so they can easily summon a pet on round 1 or 2, and have a card already in their hand when their pet gets defeated.

I have come under this realization, when I thought more about Myth. Pets have infinite "cards" and spells. They can NEVER run out. As long as a pet is alive and well, it can attack, buff, and debuff indefinately.

Cksiu has got it right. Myth wizards can definately allow themselves to be a lot more conservative, however, battles, especially battles against other Myth classes, can be lengthy.

Eventually, assuming a battle continues on for such a long time, the Myth wizard will run out of healing cards, and at that point, the pet will also no longer be protected. But that will be a long, long time.
(I use minion shields, elemental shields, and absorbs to protect my minion. And until the minion takes hate or mobs are defeated, I'll heal myself with my own healing cards.)

I think, when you build a deck that centers around minions that also attack monsters, one can go a long way.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Kilajula wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.

True. Very true =]
But I might just say that because I myself am an Ice Wizard, and I would never change my school. I love it!!!!!

Autumn Firesinger
Grandmaster Thaumaturge =]

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I have also been thinking about Life. The Pixie in a sense has infinite healing power. Even though it may not have spectacular AI, it works wonders.

Life as I know it may be the only school that can actually allow themselves to skip out in healing cards, replacing them with damage and support cards. Provided of course, the pixie can be summoned and protected from death.

I think my next wizard will be either balance or life. But it is now leaning towards Life, just for that reason.

I still have a long way to go with my Myth wizard. I have lots of time to make up my mind by then. Who knows what the increased level cap will bring us.