Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

yea, i am balance too and i mostly do all my quests alone, seriously. and i dont even think balance is that powerful. that just goes to show!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
It would have to be either Death, or Balance. Death is good how it heals, attacks, and also just heals. Balance heals, attacks, and uses blades and shields a lot.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
My son and I are new to the game and have tried a couple of classes. I like the death class best for soloing. With the drains, damage shields, and heals; I have had no trouble soloing up through 20 so far.

My son went with Life/Lightning and has done well also. The Life gives him nice heals, and the lightning nice damage. He really likes the combination.

I don't think the game is best played solo though. Together we have a nice combination of attacks and heals that really make it a lot more fun playing.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
LIFE ALL THE WAY!
(get storm as secondary)

you get good non-fizzling attacks and tons of health and healing
(power pips can be used for heal spells)

ITS AWESOME!

T. Dunesword

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.
I think there is no school that you could possibly solo. I would prefer to have a secondary school or maybe even a third school it'll be better do beat the game like that. :)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
honestly there is no school that is best. i am a storm wizard one of the strongest wizards there are and even i cant solo everything i am a grandmaster. the point of the game is to 1 show people that you need friends to aclomplish things in life and in the game and 2 the only things you can solo are the begining so you got time to make friends thats my opinion.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.
NO fire is best!

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
octagig wrote:
Kilajula wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.

I'm am ice/balance combo. :)

It isn't easy doing things by myself though. It REALLY isn't. There are far too many places with ice resistant enemies. It seems like they are the most common ones in the game actually. :( Sure there is the convert ice to fire shield, but that can only take you so far. In those battles I rely more on my balance or storm school spells, but since power pips don't apply to those it makes things very hard. The large amount of health and the health boosting gear that ice has does help a lot though. It seems that the players with the most health tend to be ice wizards. It does seem that the extra health just prolongs death at times though. :(

I'd think that Death would be a great solo school. Their school shields are excellent and REALLY boost their attacks. They do high damage and rarely fizzle out. The fact that there are a couple spells that do damage and heal also make this one good for solo-ing.

hi, i am ice and balance also i do find my self haveing hard times in the game but now that i am a lvl 49 you have to balance you spells right and and get a more pips as well and get the highest level in heath. and i still when in battle i use henchmen and its seams to be easyer to manage. i hope this was helpfull. :)

Survivor
Oct 06, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I am level 34 myth/storm and went good by my self until at krok at the well of souls I had to get my friends all 10 of them when one of us is out we would telleport back and add me and my friend Me Wolf Skull Blade My Friend Richard Death Stalker(level 20)Death/life/myth 8) ;-)

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
hehe i like fire it has fire dragon immolate and allot of other spells today i am level 33 pyromancer later today i will be 34

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
i not sure cause of most of ds and the end of ms all there truly is is death people. i say either life myth or ice they are good to solo. you know cause life heals myth has that awesome minotaur minion and ice just has amazing health

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D
ya balance i awsome

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
In my opinion, it would be The Death School. However, I have found that if none of my friends are online, and you are on during peak times, you can usually stand near an area where you need help, and when other people come up add them and have them help. I have found good buddies that way. Because usually they are on or near the same quests as you, and you can buddy up for longer than just one fight that way.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Soloing the game is probably best as death considering many of the spells involve attacking and getting half the health from you attack total. Storm is another good class, although I've noticed spells tend to fizzle, but when they hit, it's a decent amount of damage.
Hope that helped!
-Charles Skyhammer Adept Sorcerer level 21 ^_^

Survivor
Jun 08, 2008
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
honestly i think the life class would be best to solo with. because u can heal yourself and u still have attacks and a second school u can use. :)

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
My first character was a life with storm secondary and I managed to get her through just fine solo. The only place I have found you cannot solo is getting to Malistaire because you need at least three wizards to get past the security system to get in the door to him. If there is a way to get in with fewer I haven't found it yet, lol! My secret is that if I think I need extra help I am not ashamed to hire a henchmen for the bosses. I keep crowns just for that. With that said, I think any school is doable solo if you know how to set up you spells correctly for the most damage. And I currently have one of almost ever school except storm and I rotate through all of them. I play solo almost exclusively. My myth character I have gotten to lvl 42 with the help of my husband, but all of my others I have played alone.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I would have to say myth or balance. Myth gives minions so it is much easier to solo. Balance helps with buffing to power up your spells. In balance it says, "They are effective in group play, but can do very well on their own." So if you really wanted to be a good soloer you would be a Myth student, and with Balance school as your secondary.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i say storm or myth ooh and life good too gotcha

Survivor
Dec 03, 2009
TinkerBlue wrote:
My first wizard was a storm wizard. Although I got her to Mooshu, there were many areas she needed a lot of support.

My current wizard is Life/Death. I find that she does very well for solo. (even did Temple of Storms alone as well as half-way through Marleybone). I use the other school multi-attack treasure cards (frog, meteor, blizzard, sandstorm) to beef up the attack at times but find the Life/Death combination very effective. The Life minion also works very well since she can focus on healing spells so I can focus on attack.

I haven't reached Big Ben yet so don't know if she will manage that alone.

probably the reson the storm wizard isn't doing so well in mooshu is because the stratagy your using needs to be changed when i wasn't subscribed i had a stratagy that could easily take out a person in a battle in triton avenue then i subscribed and i had to completely change my stratagy because I never knew there could be two bad guys against me and when it happend for the first time this is what i looked like oh by the way i'm a storm wizard and i've easily gotton through most of the boss battles the only thing you need to do is since most people say storm is the most powerful team storm magic up with life magic so you could easily hurt someone and heal yourself when you need it it works everytime i tell someone that and they always get through the boss battles it's just that most of them are a higher level than me

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
I say The combo of a Life and secondary school storm or maybe death and fire !

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
Community Leader
I have soloed wizards alot I have found the easiest schools to do this is Death,life or balance are all great to solo

Death because you can attack and heal at same time.
Life well your the healer
balance because of sheilding and strong attacks.