Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

Actually he's right. Balance is the best class to solo with. I beat Katzeinstein's lab by myself. Then I beat half of Mooshu by myself.
Plus, balance is great in the arena. 8)

Survivor
May 14, 2009
If your secondary school backs up your primary well then I soloing should not be an issue. My character is a 42 life wizard, soloed practically all the way up to mooshu with a life deck. Now that there are some life types, I just use my death secondary school instead. I beat Katzeinstein's lab solo as well.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
I am lvl 38 fire and I have gotton thorugh wizard city, krokotopia, and most of mu shu by myself. I think that fire is a pretty good alone school as long as you know when to cast the right spells and what spells to cast. Go fire!

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Well.. here are some pros and cons.

Life: can heal easaly but doesnt do much damage
Myth: You can summon minions but some aren't good
Death: Most hurt then heal, but can be weak to life highly
Fire: Has good fizzle ranks, but isn't very healing
Ice: Is strong but has a lot of pipps
Storm: VERY high damage but FIZZLES A LOT!!

Only one without cons:
BALANCE :) :-) :D :P :) :) :) :)

Does good amounts of damage, has a 75%-100% chance of not fizzling, and isn't weak to anything AND resists everything.

So folks, look around. Most people are thurgists (life), pyromancers (fire), and Necromancers (death) or conjururs (myth). Balance is a sorcerer, so i recmomend a sorcerer. i am a pyromancer.
so, evidentally, sorcerers are the best to go solo with.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I have a myth/storm and i am currently in mooshu. i have soloed thru basically the whole game so far except for big ben and ill get help if it is there. i find minions very effective during boss battles while u r struggling to stay alive. i probably an 1/8 thru mooshu and i am lvl 35. i think that u can solo with any school because you will find that every school has its perks

life-healing
death-attack heal moves
myth-minions
balance-judgement and other unique moves
storm-powerful attacks
fire-higher accuarcy than storm with a little bit weaker attacks
ice-health

again it all depends what school u r in which u think is the best. it seems to me that most people look up to balance and life people a lot. everyone has there own talents as a school and wht they think is the best. but overall i beleive you can NEVER solo the game. with malistaire at the end with 100,000 health points and his wifes ghost coming in and helping him out no one can solo the whole game by him/herself.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
gswift7 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.
i have a life/balance wizard and did fine with her against bosses,i think life is the best because you can heal the best,G life go life,level 20 life/balane wizard,Chereal rose blossom

Survivor
Dec 01, 2009
Honestly, i am fire/death and i have absolutly no problem soloing for the most part. its really all about what you put into your deck. i do high damage and also have good heal cards and damage over round cards. the accuracy is not the best to start but just get armor with good+att and it will balance out very nicely.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
yeah i think i may have an answer to your question the best class to solo wth on my opinion is Life because you can heal you self when you have low health and the healing card

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
CyberDonkey wrote:
There is none.
Storm Is For Attack, it gets the job done quick, but fizzle alot.
Life Is For Health, it heals you if you are short of health.

Those 2 are examples. No class is good enough to solo Wizard101,
you need to unite some classes to complete Wizard101.
lol guess what my wizard is both the schools you mentioned i use training points to get Storm and i'm a Life wizard i'm already at Krokospinx because that awesome combo of schools

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Well it depends on the level... Usually level 5 myth wizards can keep summoning golem minions and win the match,and thunder wizards can also just use thunder bat and that would pretty much be the game, but a level 50 myth wizard has spells that are not very strong so they usually lose while thunder wizards still rock so overall counting by 5 ill show you my opinion for the best 1 vs 1 duelists in there level.
5:Myth
10:Thunder
15:Fire
20:Death
25:Death
30:Thunder
35:Fire
40:Death
45:Thunder
50:Death
So if one of these is your school then make sure you get all the arena tickets possible when you are these levels.
And these are my thought after the comments
5:Myth(no change)
10:Thunder(no change)
15:Fire(no change)
20:Death(no change)
25:Balance(change)
30:Thunder(no change)
35:balance(change)
40:Thunder(change)
45:Death/Thunder(change)
50:Death(no change)
Okay balance personally i think Fire is the best school for soloing the story line. I've had a balance wizard and there spells are just mainly unfair, but, a death school person would have a better chance because they know hex also+ you'd never have a chance to use a good attack until the match was technicaly over. Also with my old fire guy i managed to beet a balance guy 4 more levels than Me because i used hex and the attack could not K.O me.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
So here is the thing.... i am currently a lvl 18 storm/fire wizard anad that HASNT worked out for me when it comes to solo battles... most of the time anyways! Storm isnt meant for solo battles because of the word "fizzle"!!!!!!!!! I have watched people battle.... and have learned many things worthy of sharing with my fellow wizards :-) Life = good to solo with and myth = good to solo with. balance is also a good school for solo battles. storm, fire, and ice may have some trouble, but that can be changed off construction of your spell deck. Death is a mediocre school to solo with ( i have had trouble with it).

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
DizzyWiz wrote:
well i think the best class to solo the game with is death cause it have good life draning spells and one of them can heal you and not to mention there are shields to power up your attacks so you can restore more health.
yeah cause i solo jade oni (i have all the grand gear so i had a big boost) and i killed him in one hit! ONE HIT! :D

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
well i am a 28 death/storm wizard and haven't been easy trough marlybone i have been asking for help to friends trough marlybone but is very difficult and i cant pass the two towers so i give up :( and now i am a 10 balance/life wizard and i have been doing good for solo the game with. 8) :)

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Well balance isnt a good choice.They really only have supporting spells.But death or myth is a good choice.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
i really think balance is because its good acurrcy and it want fizz alot

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
i say life becase you low health just heal they may not have the best attck bet they got defence

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

Yeah SOLO = DEAD .................SOLO + FRIENDS = LIVE 8)

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

Yes that is true :P

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
its hard to choose the best school
death- A GREAT SCHOOL! AWESOME! at pvp! my favorite school!!!! even though my death wizard is my third wizard, i still find everything hard well she is lvl 30 in marleybone, UGH! MARLEYBONE IS A PAIN!!! cant it be more easy? MOOSHU IS EASIER!!!!! sheesh, you better finnish up your side quests people!!!! GET TO THE HIGHEST LVL YOU CAN! THEN START MARLEYBONE!!!! trust me!!! marleybone is the only thing i find hard!!!! death is good to solo with, but make sure you got a balance friend handy!!! XD BALANCE AND DEATH TOGETHER ARE UNSTOPIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me!!! me and connor titanfist pvp together, i'm death he is balance, WE RULE!!!! (me lvl 30, connor lvl 31 my rank: sargeant almost veteran, connor's rank: warlord)

balance-just like death, A GREAT SCHOOL!!!! again, like death, AWESOME AT PVP!!!! BETTER THEN DEATH!!! O: my second favorite school, oddly, i dont have a balance wizard, I NEED TO GET ALL MY WIZARDS TO LVL 48!!!! then i get ANOTHER account ;) MOST of my friends are balance ;) so they gimme treasure cards XD lolz XD LUCKY MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

the reason i'm writing this is, if your gonna solo, get a death or balance friend to help death and balance people are, MOSTLY, nice, lolz well ttyl!!!!

-olivia griffindust/olivia deathcaster XD

Delver
May 26, 2009
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Personally Death is a good school but once you get to Dragonspyre and Malistaire it is REALLY HARD to beat them. Both Malastaire and Dragonspyre have lots of people that are death. Im a Myth wizard and it seems to be going fine but i need help lots especially going against rank 9 elites and people like that.

Defender
May 18, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

Pretty sure ice would be good because of the health and tower shield, with death or storm as a secondary school. Storm does a great deal of damage, but death has those stealing spells that can heal and do damage at the same time.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
It pretty much depends on which school you are best with. I was able to solo mooshu with my ice. I should probably say most of it. I wasn't able to solo sharitaki Temple and the Oni. Ok, well if you wanna hear from me, I would recommend Death(they could last long and could make quick work with a boss), ice(they can last long enough to take down a couple enemies by them self), or balance because of their elemental and spirit shields.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:
I think ice because they are very defensive storm whould be good if it didnt fizzle so much those fizzle can get you defeated i know i am a storm wizard.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
I have a Death wizard that I can RARELY solo on. I find that most of the time i'm using my friend's help through towers/dungeons/boss fights etc. My Death wizard is Lvl 42 and is in about the necropolis in Dragonspyre. Although Death is supposed to be a good solo class, i find it hard to suite my deck for soling :-o.

I think that the best school for soloing seems to be Myth. My Myth wizard is Lvl 28 and is in mid-Marleybone. The minions that Myth uses seems to help greatly with soloing.