Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
I am a myth and storm wizard i doin fine on my own level 22.Minions save lives. :DHard at times .l

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I would say that the best combination would be life seconded with storm. First, the life would give you healing spells, and to make up for the weak life attack spells, you would have the strong storm spells.

If you are talking about one specific school, balance would be best. I am saying that because balance has a good range of different spells.

At the moment I am a lvl 27 necromancer. My secondary is storm, and I am doing great! :D

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
In my opinion, it depends on what you're actually doing in the game.

If you're in arena battles, any school is good by itself. But usually, Balance, Myth, and Death tend to be the better schools.

But if you're just battling in the game, Myth, Balance, Death, and Fire seem to do pretty well alone.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
ziffinite90 wrote:
I am a myth and storm wizard i doin fine on my own level 22.Minions save lives. :DHard at times .l

Yeah, Myth and Storm get helpful minions that allow them to be good at being solo fighters. (Kinda wish I had my minion when I was lvl 18, not lvl 28).

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I think it's either

-Death
-Ice
or
-Storm

-Death, because it has the best Life draining, and it gives you some back more quests.

-Ice, best resist and health

-Storm, strongest..

Survivor
May 20, 2009
i think storm and life together is the best for solo. im at big ben with a life andstorm player.i did it mostly solo. :D life rocks

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
well really life would be best to go solo with. But spend your training points in Balance or another attack-based school. Life has more healing spells than attack.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
Here's my 2 cents....so far i've done great with ice/storm (lvl 35). Once i got to summoning my ice guardien i haven't had the need to really think about how i construct my deck since my minion dose most of the low class spells for me too finish off those i've only nearly done away with. The reason why i picked my schools as they are? well...to start. ICE is known for its defence (high health, resistance) and its infamous tower shield (which can off set JUDGEMENT, cutting it's damage in half as later monsters can also cast this spell) . If i may give some advice- i recommend not bothering much with accuracy and damage increase as ice is not ment to do alot of damage and most spells already have a 80% chance of casting! In that case, try only to buy health and resistance increase clothing. On the subject of STORM...they are obviously outstanding in damage ratio but of course lack defence and accuracy. But, the kraken spell damage matches that of the ice collosus. For those who may not know....Kraken consumes only 4 pips while collosus consumes 6 :D. By now hopefully you can tell what i've done. In complete mad genius, i've added complete opposites. NOT in elemental factor (fire and ice) but in ability . when my storm fizzles my minion is there to backup with fierce intent. PVP is another that hopefully some might take interest in. ONE MORE THING....ice abilities, ICE ARMOR and WARD STEAL. Amazing as it is ICE ARMOR absorbs 182 damage with every pip in play. WARD STEAL obvioulsy steals shields....which can come in handy when spirit shielld is played...instead of destroying it, steal it and use it for yourself all for only 2 pips lol. other ideas include stealing shields that mess up your trap set, brake the ward without blasting your traps along with it.

Please hear me out....Ice/life wizards. Since ice has the higest health in the game, healing is not necessary. minor heals (400) should be efficient enough, considering you dont wait to the last minute to heal

BTW balance students....anyone can learn any spell from ANY school aslong as they have trading points

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

i think the best choice for soloing the game with id fire-death wizard... i have beaten like all of the different dungeons like crimson fields and labyrinth ect. pretty easily when none of my friends were online XD but fire-death is the best cause fire gives pretty strong attacks and decent health and with the feint spell from the death school fire kicks ***.... hope i helped :P

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

the best class is fire because you get good attack and good acers so pick fire
8)

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009

ok,i am a death grandmaster(lvl 50 for those who dont know) and i pretty much soloed 94% of the game,it wasnt very hard BUT,i was lvl 18 before i even left triton avenue (first street i did)because of my subscription problem(using gift cards as payment)so i was usually several levels ahead of where i was supposed to be,then i skipped a lot of Krok side quest so when i got to Marleybone i was several levels short but i was still able to manage based on me having the the Krok crowns robe and hat followed with boots of the Citadel,i wore that until i was half way through Marleybone then i bought some gear just for looks on bosses i would switch back to the before mentioned Krok gear then i got to big ben,i beat it then i helped a friend with it(also skipped a lot of Marleybone side quest)i ended up starting Mooshu at lvl 28..didnt have many problems there until i was fighting the death bosses but thats were converts come in(skipped a few Mooshu sidequest)then i went to ds and did everything in there with help from Andrew Windpyre,Cassandra Storysmith,and Flint(sorry flint i dont remember your last name I:) i then went back and did Mooshu side quest until i became Grand...so in my OPINION,death is the best for soloing the game,and if you take the wizard test,anytime you put you would rather fight alone you get death as the school ..well thats just my opinion and a few facts so i hope this helps,if not well....at least i tried I:

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:
honestly you're best off with Death or Balance, life is good at the beginning but once your're in the middle of mooshu it gets difficult. Myth is plain ok, took me a while to pass ds but humongofrog boosted can do TONS of damage to take out enemies easily, yet it gets hard once in dragonspyre. Fire is also another good school but it tends to fizzle and you will encounter many fire enemies/bosses once in dragonspyre. Storm is excellent but the fact that it fizzles too much. Balance can take down a 600 health enemy with 4 pips and a balance blade, Judgement makes it easy to progress thoughout the whole game. Death, well you dont have to worry about healing :-).

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.

I am a fire dude/girl and that is not a far DEATH you are kidding to say this plain FIRE IS COOL but i do "Clearly ?" think that Solo is not a good plan

if you know what i mean

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
gswift7 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.

NICE TO KNOW but i could never do that i am 33 fire and i need help from my good friend

i can't spell so i can't spell his name SRY

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I think that balance would be good to solo the game with. It just depends on how you use it and as I can see most balance wizards kick butt! As a secondary school useful for balance would be life,death,fire,or storm. Good luck to finding the easiest ways to solo Wizards 101!

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
i think myth is cuz it is a powerful school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
The only schools I can see having a problem are Storm and Fire because of their accuracy (or lack there of), but there are items that can help both of those schools out. Any other school should be able to get through all the worlds of the spiral without too much trouble.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
teddy2008 wrote:
Now I have to admit death is the best.

no i think ice and storm and death and myth balance and life.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Explorer
May 12, 2009
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

Ya, but if you summon myth, there still is one wizard but you still have something helping you. What i mean is, myth is good at summon, right? Well, when you summon there is still a monster as in minotaur, troll and stuff like that so you not exactly soloing right? Well, back to the point. I have had friends help me a lot, cause i make strategies but they take fifth turns sometimes longer if i cant find the cards i want, but i think that fire is best to solo the game with cause everyone is able to heal themselves, right? Life just has better heals. But fire is best solo calss because even though it has high-ish fizzle rate i raise it up to 81 percent hit cause my gear, and i add 13 percent damage to it also. With a few blades and traps, you can easily hit 2000 with a helephant.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
well i think that fire could get to at least ms without soloing but you cant beat the game without soloing

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I'm a level 18 storm wizard.

Storm is a good choice for high damage spells like Kraken. Except most of the spells are 30% to fizzle.

Life is a good choice for healing and the spells rarely fizzle. Except it doesn't have high damage spells.

My other school is death.

Death is a good choice for a medium damage and has a good chance of not fizzling. Some of the spells do damage and give half the damage as health for you, like the Vampire. It uses 4 pips, and does 350 damage and gives you 175 health.

Hope this helps!!!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
i find life as my main and fire as secondary work best for me. alot of people choose death as their secondary to life, and thats great until your fighting the jade oni and he shields against death faster than you can save pips up, and cast wards on him. i soloed most of the game as life/death, but after Mooshu i bought back my training points because Dragonspyre was far too hard when fighting lifers. fire does a lot of damage more reliably than storm. i had some help in a few areas, but i did alot of it by myself, and if i had too i could do it by myself. you have to play smart with building your deck, and how you fight.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
People say that death is the best but i have a problem with it. I am a master of iife and blizzard and frost giant help me out of a lot of tough places. Death doesnt get a hit all enemies spell till LEVEL 48, my friend and i make up the best combo. Death with second life, and ice with second storm. with feint ice attacks do tons of damage and storm attacks go over the charts. The good thing about death is that they rareley die. A death with a second life is a great partner to have.

Evan IceFist master of ice
Dustin UnicornBlood grandmaster necromancer