Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I have a level 43 life wizard and a level 20-something balance wizard. My daughter plays a mid-30s Myth wizard. From what I've seen, life wizards are pretty strong. There are definitely tough areas (typically life creatures), but if you use your prism cards well you'll be OK. The downside of soloing a life wizard is that the fights take a long time and are not as efficient as other classes. The upside is that you are pretty hard to kill.

Oh, another downside: the life sprite minion sucks. Terrible AI.

Balance is a more interesting class, but it's harder to play well. On the other hand, the balance minion is generally a much stronger assistant.

For life, I don't think it matters a lot what your secondary school is -- I almost never cast anything but life spells, beyond a few shields. It just isn't efficient to do so, given lifeblade and life trap.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

ya go balance woot woot!
-Savannah Ashdreamer
lvl 44 master sorcerer
GO BALANCE!

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
octagig wrote:
Kilajula wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.

I'm am ice/balance combo. :)

It isn't easy doing things by myself though. It REALLY isn't. There are far too many places with ice resistant enemies. It seems like they are the most common ones in the game actually. :( Sure there is the convert ice to fire shield, but that can only take you so far. In those battles I rely more on my balance or storm school spells, but since power pips don't apply to those it makes things very hard. The large amount of health and the health boosting gear that ice has does help a lot though. It seems that the players with the most health tend to be ice wizards. It does seem that the extra health just prolongs death at times though. :(

I'd think that Death would be a great solo school. Their school shields are excellent and REALLY boost their attacks. They do high damage and rarely fizzle out. The fact that there are a couple spells that do damage and heal also make this one good for solo-ing.
i am balance and ice to i have to admit it is kinda hard to solo but they still rock!

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Well I think that balance might be the best school to solo because you get the storm/fire/ice minion plus the mander minion and you get alot of moves that have a random selection from ice fire and storm (in my opinion). I have 2 people in marleybone (life and fire) but I have a balance wizard too and i do most of my quest by myself and I am doing pretty well.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
I have been successful solo with balance. I'm beginning to get worried as I progress because so many spells for balance are geared toward groups. I just completed Krok and all has gone well but I continue to update my deck if I know what enemies I will be facing. I have storm as secondary so it balances out pretty well.
Someone said as balance you can use other minions. Is that true and when does that come into play? I'm only level 27 and this is my first wizard so if any balance wizards could let me know what to expect I would appreciate it.
I believe my next wizard will probably be death with ice as a secondary. Has anyone had success with this combination?

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Pft... and people say life is worse... Huh. It's ironic, really. Life can solo the heck outta the game (as a grandmaster, savior of the spiral, and master of nature, I would know...) as long as you play your (no pun intended) cards right. Life and storm are my combo, add in my *coughs* 30% boost from clothes to life, then blades/traps/e.t.c, and storm as filler damage,(litterally, I use storm as FILLER damage. Take that diviners! ) I'm practically UNSTOPPABLE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... okay, I said I'm practically unstoppable. Now to throw in a quick ironic twist, Everyone always asks for us to help them out. Huh, were'nt we supposed to be, like, not good?

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Balance or Life! for what is the world w/o these? balance can defend itself from anything and then later on highten it's attack and then later heal others with helping hands. Life can heal and you get a ton of friends and therefore money is way easier to get! :D

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
I think Balance should be, because they resist almost everything, they have minions, they can heal themselves, AND they have great shields and damage spells. And i'm not saying this because i'm balance too, i am just saying the good stuff about it.
- Luna0616

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I am a lvl 49 on my main character (death). i made a new one and im lvl 16 (life).....is anybody willing to take me to the crimson fields in mooshu so i could level up faster?

Survivor
May 09, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
i would suggest balance, it's not as hard as it seems and the bosses are much easier!

Survivor
May 09, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D
YEA! GO BALANCE,! i'm lvl 35 balance and i've kept solofor a long time. :P nope no sos's yet.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
i have just just about made it through the entire game soloing with a diviner right now im stuck at the labrinth in dragonspyre right now but im close, so close!

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
bashful1 shouldnt use storm if all do is insult it! :x

by the way storm/life is pretty good mix solo game with

storm rules 8) !

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
well for my opinion, when i started playing w101, my first character i made was an ice wizard. and i soloed the whole wizard city and most of the second world(i forgot what it was called). but then it got harder but i succeeded and made it to lvl 50 easily. and i also have a death wizard and they are good and useful. my friend said that he has a death wizard and soloed the whole game. so i say death & ice are good. :-) 8)

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
well people that insult fire shame on u! Here's wat i think:
Death: Most spells hurt then heal. They are diligent. (hardworking) - Trisha
Ice: The spells over level 20 are strong. They're flexible. -MacEnzie
Storm: Their spells are high in damage. They are strong. -Pheobe
Fire: They keep on going, and the spells are not to high in pips. They have courage and are brave. -Hannah
Myth: Their spells have minions, which help you. They have big imagenations. -Jenna
Balance: Their spells have good damage and hardly fizzle. They are smart!! -Lu
Life: They heal you and have damage spells. They are peaceful. -Koukyo

:) Well those r my ideas! well, ours.
-Hannah, Trisha, MacEnzie, Lu, Koukyo, Pheobe, and Jenna :P

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Death is really good.
It has a good amount of health and good attacks and good shields its all good
best to solo will be death with storm
good healing and good attacks and good attacks

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Hey um i have a death grand and a balance master and a myth adept and i think death is the best because you can heal and attack with some of its spells. Balance is good and all but what if you have to fight another balance?your stumped so you need help.Myth is good also but then again i am only done with unicorn way lol .My method is get a friend that has finished the game like a grandmaster and do all the dungeons twice so you get all the xp you can then go back and do your main quest and it goes by fairly fast.My brother has a storm master in DS and he cant solo i played for him for the heck of it and i struggled to stay alive and lost at the boss.my sister is ice only an adept but its not bad really.i think death is the ebst to solo BUT i think there are really best TEAMS of schools like i am death life and fire at the moment my balance is balance and storm and will be also doing myth soon.Bottom line is death is the best to solo and balance is to a point because of no converts and youll can get mad i dont care its the truth storm isnt because you die to fast life is ok but weak attacking same with ice fire is ok low accuracy myth is ok but death is the best.Me personally i HATE minions like when you haev traps and what not they use them with a low rank spell. :-( I am going to start playing my myth and my brothers life and my siters ice a bit more and look deper in the schools.My death grand name is Nathan NightStaff m balance is Matthew GriffinRider and i dont remeber my myth oh well lol!OH and arena storm is only good in groups trust me i played my bros he got pretty mad at me yea lost a ton of times lol,death isnt so hot for me in arena either lol and i personally a good team for arena is like [storm balance] [myth life] [death fire] [ice life] team wise like 4v4 (main school) storm life balance and myth storm for damage life for healing balance for attacking shielding and powering everybody up and myth for earthquake :P lol. AND THA THA THATS ALL FOLKS!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Ok look you cannot solo anything completely. I am an experienced soloist (i play a death/frost ( to get tower shield) / and life the rest of the way. I am currently level 24 and have soloed everything i have done. I havent skipped qusets or anything. The one thing to know is balance, while it has a little bit of everything it is actually bit for grouping. The key is to keep a small deck (have a means of healing, whether it be a death or life secondary) and you also need to keep decent accuracy. My brother got to level 15 solo with a storm damage and life healing. He could not solo anything past level 15. But if i did it again i would play,

Myth with Frost secondary until tower shield and then life the rest of the way.

Hope it helped :D

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
ummmm lol i heard someone tell me balnce was the way to go but im currently a magus pyromancer .

~ Autumn Night~ find me in the crowded realms

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
well it's myth because they can summion minions

Joshua ShadowRider
school: Myth
Level:16

Survivor
Oct 09, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the Rumpelstiltskin. any suggestions on a good solvable wizard class would be appreciated

All the schools are the best sometimes it is myth sometimes fire sometimes ice sometimes storm sometimes death and sometimes balance and life

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
darkmatter1444 wrote:
well it's myth because they can summion minions

Joshua ShadowRider
school: Myth
Level:16

Inexperience gives you answers like this. Keep using those minions as you go on in the game and see how much they help you in the later worlds. They will use your traps on silly spells and wind up being more of a nuisance than anything else. I've played the game through with every school, myth included. Both Death and Life are much easier to solo the game with. Death is by far the easiest class to solo the game with. If you can handle the early lack of power, balance is also pretty easy one you get judgement.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

I have a Fire/Storm character and fire really stinks as primary magic because ice has good defences, life has heals, death has convert health,storm has tempests and owns with it , balance owns with judgement , myth has minions, what does fire get? NOTHING! plz KI add something good for fire bcause mine is lvl 31 and my next best is a lvl 10...

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
the best class to me is ice and life. why? because with life you can heal more then death, and also, with ice it was a balance amount of power and accuracy. :D