Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Kilajula wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.

Thanks soooo much im a ice wizard with balance as secondary!!!!!!! :) :-) :D

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I look at most of these posts and i saw very little about the fire school (I'm a level 33 Pyromance) i know that most of there attack look weak and there not very good in battle but people seem to for get that each school has thir own abilities. i played with all 7 schools and saw each one of there ability

Ice : Are defensive
Storm : Pure Attack
Fire : Attack power over time
Death : Power Stealing
Myth : Their minions
Life : Regeneation
Balance : Balanced

Here is some good combo i found.
fire/life or death
as your fire does it's damage you can heal
THAT COMBO SAVED ME ALOT OF TIMES

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Ironically in a similar thread on another website, people who have storm and fire grandmasters say their experiences with other schools were much easier.

My experiences with fire and storm were more difficult due to the fizzling. With storm I either killed bosses very quickly, was killed, or it took forever since I had to heal myself all the time. I also noticed I used alot more mana with both fire and storm. Both are really good schools, but I found myself relying on my secondary school far too much while using these schools.

Ultimately it comes down to knowing how to use whichever school you choose. Even with the best understanding of your school, some schools are clearly easier and a better experience for soloing the game.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I have been solo throughout the entire game, except for the last area with Malistre. I made it through with a fire/ice mage and am doing it again with a myth/storm mage who is level 45 and at Dragonspyre now. It is seriously tough to solo, the jade oni is one serious damper on your day, and may take multiple times to complete as I know all to well. Once you get to the last area, you will have to go in a group, you have to touch three crystals almost at once to gain entry to the next area, I was never able to get all three in time by myself.

level 50 fire/ice mage
level 45 myth/storm mage

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D
I think balance is the worst to solo with because it has too many buffs. i am a life/storm wizard and it works great i just need a little help on the dongeon

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

I totally agree xD I get friends once in a while but usually Balance can get the job done quick and just in case has his/her trusty Mander to help I:
I gotta give death some credit though they have a stragety of staying alive at the toughest momments.

-Justin SilverDust lvl 48 Balance/Death/Ice

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
I would tell you the best class to solo the game with is balance merely cause they are a mesh of all the schools. they control the elements and they command the spirit schools. You have two different kinds of heals and your balance attacks can only be stopped by ice bosses in the game. Therefore that would be my suggestion. However i want to add that all the schools are great to fight with and that one has its advantages and disadvantages just as much as the other. So i would try them all out you get the privelege of having six wizards on one account so try them all out.

Michael Icerider: Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Michael Angleheart: Grandmaster Sorcerer
Michael Dragonstalker: Master Diviner
Michael Shadowrider: Master Necromancer
Michael Dragonrider: Magus Pyromancer
Michael Hawkrider: Magus Conjurer

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
:P :
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

Hi my name is Nicole DarkHeart i am lvl 50 death wizard, i think death wizards are the best choice because with certain spells you get life back and you can summon strong minions with the more pips you have

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
well im in the school of fire and even im quik 2 anger im doing the myth school 2. fire u have the phoenix, and mith u have minions. im doing a combo and if u have training points use em in mith .
Some may disagree, but fire is hard. Doesn't matter. Your school is you.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
So far the only class I've used is Pyromancer. I'm currently level 49 and have soloed everything up through about 3/4s of the way through Dragonspyre without too many hangups. Big Ben was a bit tough and the little Imp dude in the tree of life quest that has 10,000 hps was a challenge. I've been defeated a fair number of times along the way, maybe 20ish times or so, but usually a minor tweak of the deck and I'm able to win a rematch against whichever boss defeated me. Usually the toughest opponents are fire bosses due to their ridiculous resistance to fire spells, but fortunately fire prism solves that issue, it just makes the battle drag on longer than usual while setting up the prism and traps/blades in the proper order and keeping the ice shields at bay. I certainly wouldn't say it's been easy, but I've sure had a lot of fun.

littlebaba02
aka Aedan Wintermender

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
i also think ice\life is a good combo. alot of hitpoints; and being able to heal is good. i dont like balance unless in group play. too many buffs.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
i forgot to add that bieng opposite secondhand would help. like life\death ice\fire. then if you met someone the same class as you it would be easier to defeat them!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
Death: I soloed the entire game with the exception* of 2 areas using the healing aspects of an attack with the cards provided to the death class. There are 4 of these special cards; Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, and Scarecrow. Using these 4 cards, in the given order as the game levels advance in difficulty, plus a wise investment with your extra training points (say Pixie) will get you through the bulk of Wizard101.
* - The Citadel in Grizzleheim, and the first set of 4 fire dudes in the Dragonspyre just before you enter Malistaires lair. Note: I was able to get by these 2 areas and beat the game with the help of one other character. - Hope this helps, Liam Darkstone Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Fire and life!
Fire has a lot of power, not as much as storm, but the accuracy is better.
Life because you can heal.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
ditto man :) :-) :D

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Survivor
May 30, 2009
I DID storm but i ended up with like 20 something Training points.
DONT DO IT i did the expermint and its a LOT HARDER

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
RipperMcGee wrote:
I'm a little newer to the game, but I've had lots of fun with Myth/Storm, especially now that I have Myth prism and convert Myth damage to Storm damage for when I'm fighting Myth mobs.

Can I solo the entire game? Don't know - haven't tried - solo mostly, but also group with my son who's Storm/Life.

no you cant wizard101 is bout having friends and teaming up i am a captain balance in rank lvl 33 but i get far thx to my friends on wizard101 you need friends especially if you facemalistaire or go into dungeons

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

thats very true i am a magus balance i did most stuff alone but i had help except arena i am a captain just from 1v1

Survivor
May 26, 2009
hi, Valdus FireFlame, lvl 23 necromancer, so far it seems that my combination of death school and fire back-up is destroying the game, how early on i am, mostly because death has a lot of spells that help out all other schools you use or go against, not as much as balance, but more then most other schools

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
xGallagherx wrote:
hi, Valdus FireFlame, lvl 23 necromancer, so far it seems that my combination of death school and fire back-up is destroying the game, how early on i am, mostly because death has a lot of spells that help out all other schools you use or go against, not as much as balance, but more then most other schools

You are in for a very rude awakening in Dragonspire. Most of the harder bosses are either fire and death. I also see issues with the end of Grizzleheim for your character. Bring plenty treasure cards and make sure your potions are filled, you're going to need them in both areas.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Probally the best two classes to solo the game would definately, be Life/Death, Heal yourself, then use drain attacks, probally the ultimate way of staying alive...

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
I have a great strategy with my necromancer. I just focus on doing allot of damage because with many of my spells the more damge I do, the more health I get back. its a deadly cycle that spells doom for all who get in my death wizards way! (laughs evily)

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
I think most all classes need help at some point or another. I have quite a few wizards, but Storm(with fire second) was my first. At a later point in Moo Shu I changed my secondary school to Life after barely making it out of the fight with the Plague Oni. The only way I made that out, solo, was due to a Satyr treasure card to heal. The low health on that class is really bad(and I have Zeke gear) but having Life second really helps and I can solo most things with it now, even a lot of Dragonspyre. But there are always going to be battles where it's just too much for one wizard to handle there.

After the experience with my Storm, I created a Necromancer and made sure to have Life second. I don't use Life for attacks at all on any wizard, save for my Life one of course. I only keep Spirit Armor and Satyr in my decks. Plus I use a Troll Ear Pendant with Guiding Light to boost healing. My Necromancer does really well solo, unless fighting Life when they keep putting up shields that mess my traps up. I would actually rather fight death on death cause they don't put up death shields(using the prism makes it a piece of cake) and I have a deck especially for fighting other death.

I use a lot of different decks, depending on what or who I am fighting.

Like I said, I always use Life as a second(unless it's the first,) but I only take the training up to Satyr, as Centaur costs too many pips for the damage when out of school. This leaves me with some extra training points to spend on a third school. The third school I go by what shields I need and what lower level spells could possibly be helpful at that point. Often Storm is a good third with the power of it.

It just depends on your strategy and deck-building skill. Also luck can be a big factor, as to how well you can solo and for how long.
I like to solo but things can be more fun in a group, battles go faster and if everyone is getting along well then the conversations are also fun.