Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.

I totally agree. I beat Krok all on my own as a death student.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009

Hello everyone,
I find mixing another school works best, Im Fire/ Death and ALL Boss battles I have encountered I've won without much sweat at all, and usually fight them several times, but always end up victorius. Im currently 26 and in Krokotopia, I've completed everything in Fire and Ice so far, including dungeons and all Boss Battles, In fact I just started storms last night. I've also been working on Grizzelheim without much complication. I'd say go Fire/ Death if you want a strong combination.

Thanks,
Jester

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
i've solo the entire game myself as far as i got to in dragonspire where i need to turn on the 3 or 4 crystals i stopped there (with my myth master) because i got so bored soloing so i tried another class life, balance, death... life does well but it is very slow to kill off your challengers.. balance is good it takes low damage over times with weakness and shields.. death is good as it can HIT and HEAL at the same time.. so its so/so in a way but i would say thus far myth is best to solo as it becomes a 2 vs 2 when most monsters challenge u.. y ou will get a 2 monster to fight.. myth also has minotaur which steals all the aggression from other monsters that way i can heal boost blade or traps also field. so in my opinion myth thus far hands down is the best to solo with i did ben's tower and mooshu all by myself.. doing dragonspire now and will see if i can change my mind

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Probably a Storm/Balance wizard, but you should always bring some friends with you if you want to have fun and if you need help(Don't overuse your friend,though. It could get annoying to your friend and your friend will get angry.)

Survivor
May 17, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.
Hi its Michael Stormrider and i fully agree with masterform. I think that this game was made for teamwork or it wouldnt be a online game although pvp can get a little violent because of all the people ciber bulling but i think the best one to do solo with is balance because of the judge RESPECT TO THE JUDGE (thats if you have it lol) peace out wizard101!!!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
oowerty wrote:
in my opinion the best school is storm i go by the way the schools are placedd like storm,ice,fire,myth,and then life i think life is last bacause it mostly heals you so if your a life wizard i think it is best to have storm as youer secondary school because it is strongest in my oppinion

grace dragon rider

Life actually to me should not be last as you said, and is not really good with storm as a secondary school. Life can actually do high damage with the right attachments, and sure you have to waste pips if you have low health to heal, it's only natural. Using storm as a secondary school is not a good choice because even though storm's sheer power can be handy at times, you can't always rely on it to work. Life/death would be best because with the right spells as I said it could do probably higher damage than storm can cause if you think about it death has two more attack boosters than any other school which would be feint and curse. and after using the boosts for your attack you don't only take a decent amount of damge you recover most of your health and have the advantage in battle. I mean with death as a primary school and life as a secondary I have soloed sunken city and all other quests and bosses I have done.Not only that but, when using death as a primary school you also get the minion which can do a great deal of damage added to the damage you can do and with life as the secondary when in tough spots even though it may take a little longer in battle you can heal yourself greatly. And what good would the game be if you just rush through the whole thing? So yeah death/ life or maybe life/death is the best choice to solo through the game and if you life pvp it can make it easier for you to get through the battle I mean as a death/life anda life/death I have won pvp battles to people who were twice my level. So yeah my conclusion is that death/life or life/death is the best choice.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
There really isnt a perfect type to complete the game by your self, but i would recomend being a life wizard or a balance wizard because life can heal more then usual (EX: ice, fire, storm, balance, myth, and death uses fairy card - 400 health, life uses fairy card - 420 health) and balance can summon minions and cast spells that are storm, ice, or fire moves (but those cards randomly pick which type) and have shield for all types except balance.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
ev1234 wrote:
underdog86 wrote:
I have tried every school so far and the best one in my opion is definately balance. I have soloed all the way to marleybone and still kicking butts and taking names. There are those monsters that are somewhat harder to kill but that happens in every class, but there is a very handy spell called Judgement that takes care of that has 85% chance to hit and does 100 damage for every pip that you have. All you have to do is get the right deck put a couple power boosters in there a couple healing spells and max copies of judgement along with some other damage spells for back-up and your pretty much set just sit back and let your pips build up and there you go.
When you get to the gurtoks in The Great Spyre Judgement wouldn't do a thing

ev1234 what you said about the thing with gurtoks the answer to that would be gurtoks hardly builded his pips to do high damage since he is a computer he can't think like us wizards can so it's obvious he wont do as much damage as us.

Survivor
May 18, 2009
Balance Anilates! I am a balnce strom wizard i use the spell precision plus balnce blade and elemntal blade then use kraken. That is a lot of damage!
Balance can change the rules in their favor. Judgment is good too. You have a little healing some shield s and then you just let the pips build up then you let the spells rip!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
I have found some interesting things out.

Going through the game solo with every school now up through Marleybone, I can see my easiest experience was with the Death School. I was able to use less mana and fewer spells as I used combos of shields, traps, blades then vampire. I hit for huge points while being able to heal myself at the same time. This allowed me to get gear that maximized my health as well. This became clear to me as I went through east counterweight, west counterweight and Big Ben with my death character solo, and didn't die or need to use a potion the whole way through. I can't make that claim with any of the other characters I played with. Going though Big Ben with the death character as easily as I did was a real eye opener for me. The death character really flew through enemies and I can say now based upon my own experiences that through Marleybone, it was far and away the easiest class to solo the game with.

As for PVPing, when I PVP a balance character, I find most of them rely exclusively on judgment. I love putting weakness on them and the ice shield on myself. You can see them building up pips a mile away. This negates them and makes them pretty easy to beat in PVP.

The most frustrating schools in PVP are really the wizards in PVP who really understand the art of PVP and their school. I have seen characters use their spells and schools brilliantly and others waste the opportunities. I have seen all schools used well in PVP. One thing I noticed surprised me, the Myth school characters always seem to die quickly. It could be for a variety of reasons and I am not putting the myth school down, its just what I noticed.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

To answer this Id say that Storm is with a training up to Satyr in life school and then training in shields and traps to boost your attacks more and keep your enemies from harming you as much. Back this with a few well placed treasure cards such as powerplay, steal health, life and death shields, and snipers and youll have a very scary deck to mess with but youll need to be fast on the kills so you dont give the opponent the chance to pull out their big guns, watch their pips and make them have to heal if they arent life or death school which waste thier power pips and if they are those schools have treasure cards that block 90% of their hits and use them right before they hit you big with their 6 pip cards. Hopefully this helps. Either way good luck and have fun.

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
well, it's nearly impossible to actually SOLO the game, but i think a good combination is life with storm as secondary. vice versa also works. this way, you can deal tons of damage AND be able to heal nicely.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

I have to agree whith Headmaster Ambrose, being a Myth student myself I have beaten many boss fights solo. With my minions by my side I never lose!!!! :)

See you in the Spiral
Caroline Ravenleaf
Lvl 21 Conjurer

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Would have to say that some people would disagree but death is one of the hardest to solo with! Some people say it is the most easiest but disagree. Because all of your primary learning is around death, and even with your secondary school, you can only use power pips to your advantage with death moves and most of the bosses (at least in the wizard city and some of krokotopia) are ............. DEATH! So even with the life as your secondary school it is still very hard.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
I think myth because of your minions, that's the most obvious answer to me.

Train a life to grand. Make Satyrs for your balance. Then, balance is not a bad choice either because you are hard to kill for almost every school (in my opinion). Since you have shields for all schools (exception of other balance but you can get more resistence against your own school in equipment, or you could train to tower shield in Ice), you can shield almost any enemy. Then you can weaken any enemy with Black Mantle and Weakness.

Worst school to solo the game in my opinion is storm. Too little health and too much fizzle, team up with a life.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

I completely agree with you headmaster, i am almost a grandmaster myth and noticed that myth is really good at getting through things alone because my minion has saved me MANY times.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
firecloud70 wrote:
Would have to say that some people would disagree but death is one of the hardest to solo with! Some people say it is the most easiest but disagree. Because all of your primary learning is around death, and even with your secondary school, you can only use power pips to your advantage with death moves and most of the bosses (at least in the wizard city and some of krokotopia) are ............. DEATH! So even with the life as your secondary school it is still very hard.

Having experience playing the game as death I can tell you that you are dead wrong. My solo experience has been the easiest by far with death. The bread and butter of attacking and healing at the same time made it so easy. I breezed through wiz city and Krokotopia and finished both in one night within 5 hours. Once you understand how death works and figure out how to properly attack, this makes the game a breeze, there is even a great work around with death bosses.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
best school to solo
1)death
2)life
3)storm

death heals on every attack life well they can heal at any time with power pips and storm is just the strongest school but its aim is low ice can shield good time same as balance and myth and fire well they are just that myth and fire wich seems not fair because death ,life,and storm are also the best schools to pvp i hope that later on they give us fire students a better spell not like fire dragon compare

death=scarecrow they heal a lot
life=tree of life they heal and absorb
storm=they hit like 1000 and confuse
ice=hit and confuse
balance=hit and weak next attack
myth=two hits one low wich takes shield and then bam high hit wich hurts

and all fire gets is fire dragon wich is easy to shield in my personal experience i prefer helephant than level 48 dragon
All I hope is that in the next fire spell they really give fire students a chance to stand all other schools

ps; I am level 50 grandmaster of fire with all dragon spyre fire items and all zeke items and still cant stand a chance in pvp to the three school mentined before

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
octagig wrote:
Kilajula wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.

I'm am ice/balance combo. :)

It isn't easy doing things by myself though. It REALLY isn't. There are far too many places with ice resistant enemies. It seems like they are the most common ones in the game actually. :( Sure there is the convert ice to fire shield, but that can only take you so far. In those battles I rely more on my balance or storm school spells, but since power pips don't apply to those it makes things very hard. The large amount of health and the health boosting gear that ice has does help a lot though. It seems that the players with the most health tend to be ice wizards. It does seem that the extra health just prolongs death at times though. :(

I'd think that Death would be a great solo school. Their school shields are excellent and REALLY boost their attacks. They do high damage and rarely fizzle out. The fact that there are a couple spells that do damage and heal also make this one good for solo-ing.
not excactly life wizards have 500 health at level 1

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Genki97 wrote:
I think your primary school should be ice, because they have the best rings, swords. HP, defenses from clothes, and defense spells. Your second school should be storm because they have the strongest spells for the least amount of pips. Life should be your third school because you won't need much healing spells until you reached the last storm spell. (Stormzilla)
P.S.: Don't use storm as a primary school because they lack in defenses, accuracy, and HP. (No offense to diviners) 8)
Justin Stormhunter
Thaughtmagure, Lv. 35
Current Area/Quest: Big Ben, Marleybone

Seriously bad idea.
As an ice wizard, my secondary was storm. It worked fine until I got ice blade(level 38), and more of a power pip percentage. I thought, why cast a kraken with four power pips when I could cast an ice wyvern in two? Your primary will always be the most powerful, as you have your school's blade. Not to mention balefrost gives more of a boost now. So I bought bak my training points, and picked up feint, weakness, the elemental blades and spent the rest of them on life. Works perfectly.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
let me begin by saying i have been playingthis game for quite sometime now about 8 months. currently inactive but still all the same wise to the game. I would suggest soloing the game with a balance wizard. they have an extra heal move (helping hands) and can not be blacked by anything but an ice boss. also a life wizard is pretty simple to beat the game with cause ultimately if you train rshuffle in colossus blvd you canb have an endless supply of heals. anyway these are my suggestions. necromancers are not the best suggestion despite what has been said on here they are one of the hardest to solo the game with due to the number of death bosses you have to face.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009

Having experience playing the game as death I can tell you that you are dead wrong. My solo experience has been the easiest by far with death. The bread and butter of attacking and healing at the same time made it so easy. I breezed through wiz city and Krokotopia and finished both in one night within 5 hours. Once you understand how death works and figure out how to properly attack, this makes the game a breeze, there is even a great work around with death bosses.

I am sorry but 5 hours to clear both Wiz City and Krok, I don't think so. I'll test it out on Thursday Sept, 3 but I really don't think I'll finish in 5 hours. Heck, I duel box and I don't think I could clear it in 5 hours with both toons.

Lifewalker Twins Life/Death wizards

Delver
May 31, 2009
90 life is the least likly to fizzle and is loaded with heal spell

85 death can do large amounts of damage while healing as well but many creatures and bosses are death

85 balance is the most rounded school many of its spells do damage as fire/ storm/ ice other do balance damage so without wasting power pips on a secondary school spell you can make the most of your power pips

75 fire ice and storm do more damage pip for pip but you are more likly to fizzle

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
KhanSingh wrote:

I am sorry but 5 hours to clear both Wiz City and Krok, I don't think so. I'll test it out on Thursday Sept, 3 but I really don't think I'll finish in 5 hours. Heck, I duel box and I don't think I could clear it in 5 hours with both toons.

Lifewalker Twins Life/Death wizards

Test all you want. The bottom line is I did and the best thing is I have two other wizard 101 players who witnessed it. These players saw the wizard I created and logged on 5 hours and maybe 15 minutes to a half hour later and saw I was in the tomb of storms finishing Krokotopia. They were pretty astounded but saw me begin in unicorn way. I am also not the only person who has done this. There are other players who have done this as well. If you are efficient,(key concept to do this), play straight through and know exaclty where to go and how to save time traveling, it certainly can be done and has been done.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
gswift7 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.

I really agree with that idea! Of corse, i'm only three-quaters through wizard city but it makes sence....... Thanks so much this really inspires me to get more wizards! :D