Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
People say Death? I say bogus. You'll have a hard time with most bosses in the game, and that includes Malistaire. And ALMOST EVERY CREATURE IN MS IS LIFE. A little Fire is in DS here and there as well, and with Storm, Krok will be a problem. Every class has a good and bad thing. I'm Balance, 1) It has a little bit of everything, and 2) I couldn't decide above all of the classes. Like I said, Balance is everything.
Balance has strong attacks and heals good enough to live, but still I don't recommend it. I recommend having a secondary school, or a third. Then you get different spells. So relax, feel free to pick your favorite school, and then pick what you want. I strongly recommend having Life as a first, second, or third school however, because of the healing. So good luck with everything!

Scarlet HawkHeart
Lvl 31 Magus Sorcerer

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I dont know what to say. I think death can solo this game best. I also think ice and balance can solo good as well. 8)

Charles IceHeart Level 50 Thaumaturge
Charles DeathHeart Level 50 Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Okay, I am a level 42 Life wizard with Storm and Balance secondary schools, and I've soloed now through everything, including Big Ben in Marleybone and I've made it past the Plague Oni in Mooshu. It takes me forever to get through those instanced dungeons! But I really think Life is a great school for soloing. I haven't made it to Dragonspyre yet, and I hear again and again that its not possible to solo there. So we'll see ! But still having fun going solo so far...

Survivor
May 13, 2009
to tell you the truth i think life with death but life as your main school because face it go to ds almost every boss there is dead so there is a easyer way to kill them death comes in handy because life does not do the most damage so use feint and cruse plus the boost you almost kill them in one shot see i am storm and death and it was pretty hard for me to finish ds but still i think the best match are life and death :D :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Well the werid thing about all the classes is that every one of them has there best advantages and disadvantages.
For example-
Life-Is for people who can heal fast, good accuracy but does not have very powerful attacks.

Death-Is for people who can use attacks to heal themselfs, but like the life class, it is not very powerful, but does have lots of power ups.

Balance-Is for the people who want a little of everything. Balance lets you use the power of ice, storm, and fire. There really is no weakness, it is ok in power and ok in accuracy, but it is not the strongest class.

Myth-Is for people who want ok spells with pretty powerful spells that have an regular accuracy.

Fire-Is for people who can wait in a battle before the person dies. It comes in handy when facing lots of forces, with powerful attacks, with ok accuracy.

Ice-Is for people who want to have lots and lots of health. While in battle, they can get hit pretty hard, and not die. There accuracy is pretty good but the power is not the strongest.

Last but not least
Storm-Is for people who want lots of power, but miss quite oftend. Storm is the most powerful of classes but because of this power they have suckesh accuarcy, also to the sadness, they have the least amount of health.

The best classes to go together would be classes that do not have allot of health to go with classes that can heal or have powerful attacks to weaken the oposing force before they are down.
EXAMPLES:
Storm/balance
The balance class has accuracy boost and power boost for storm so the storm can be very powerful and not miss all the time.
Ice/Storm
The ice have tons of health so because ice is not very powerful, they can get there power from storm.
Life/Fire
Because life is not very powerful but can heal, then fire can help by terminating the forces and while the others are hurt then they can heal themselfs to finish off the force or wait for the force to die.

see things like that :D
Examples of
Bad matchs
Life/Ice
Both classes are not very powerful, and when both classes have lots of health these 2 are not fit for each other
Storm/Fire
These to are ok together, but fire and storm are alike, and both do not give healing and both are powerful but they just are not the best of partners.
Death/Life
Both of these heal, and both are not very powerful, they have good accuracy but just are not ment for each other.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
i would say life is one of the best to go solo but not at all places

Survivor
May 29, 2009
I think fire is NOT the way to go to solo. I know cause my wizard's main school is fire I think the best way to go is life cause like other people say minion to heal while you do the damage. I think life and maybe a secondary school of balance is the best way to go. I don't think death should be used cause if you have both oppsites that do boost often your find yourself hitting a shield. That's what i think

Wolf Nighthunter
Lvl 41 almost 42

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I would have to say death. And nobody can truly talk about soloing the game with their character until they try it in DS. I have a Master Balance @ LVL 45 and have soloed most of the game but can't do a lot in that world myself.

Using death I find my only problem is because I am going for power instead of health (For crown items you purchase one always has lots of enhancements (Power) and one a lot more health) I end up getting really close to death when powering up a death spell. Problem is that the spells are powerful enough to wipe out most bosses with few power ups the problem is you only heal half the dmg you do. So I have to really power up my spells not for killing purposes but for healing enough to not die.

Usually one fizzle stands between me and death in a match when I am soloing. A thin strand to walk most of the time.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
i think fire is great to solo with. i'm a master pyromancer and i noticed that since some fire spells attack all enemies i can seriously damage two enemies at the same time and while they collect damage place traps to further enhance the spells power. and coupled with my secondary school storm, i can finish enemies easily. There was also a comment about fire wizards not working well with others but this is untrue. A fire wizard can weaken all enemies while his\her friends finish them off. BUT hands off to death wizards. They give me when i got them near death and they steal my health( darn ) . one more thing, fire wizards are kinda all rounded. they have good accuracy, great power and good health. They're in the middle, storm full of power with no life and ice, full of life but no power.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Hmmm...... since me being a death student I would have to say death because you can drain health from your opponents and give you half of that. I have also seen a lot of Balance students being able to solo. Sometimes I also think it would have to do with your secondary school and if you have two strong schools together then you might be able to solo. Also it would be good to have all different types of treasure cards too. Like if you were to play a myth person and you are life and fire have storm treasure cards.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
hi, my name is nicholas shadwowhisper and i think that fire is the best excspecialy with the secondary of life. so far i am lvl 44 and i have been soloing a lot and fire doesnt fizzle much and it is very strong. also to back you up you have the healing spells. trust me on this death is good but i have been fighting a lot of death students either my lvl or higher in ranked matches and i have won everytime. death is good dont get me wrong though.

FIRE IS AWESOME! 8)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
a you shouldnt really solo
b you look at it from different angels

death can heal and hit, and do major damage when prepd right(using blades and traps)

life rarley dies, unless running out of cards

myth has the most help, with minions, also can break traps on itsefl and break the enemies shield without attacking

ice has high life and can shield like crazy

balance is an offense defense, so when the enemy thinks you are about to attack you can switch tactics and throw them off balance... no pun intened sry

storm usuaally (if lucky/ smart) kills quickly so it doesnt get hurt

fire gets around shields with damage over times aka DOTs

and that about covers it

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
from looking at the spells fire/ice looks like a good mix , death/life (one ofmy little ones) works good, I'M trying to solo MYth/fire so far he is good with good gold cards for backup I think with a little luck you can solo anything. Then agin im fairly new at the realy fun safe game.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
they should make shields against balance school cos balance school is over power
with that card coll judgement 100 dameg for each it has only 1 defens that shield from the ice school lol if that card hit good hit over 3100 that to much that should be the best class make a shield for that class plis sorry for bad speling :(

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I am Level 49 Death/Life. I soloed most of the game except for two areas they are both in Dragon Spyre. One is Malistaires Lair which you haveto have someone help you unlock the door to malistair. Malistaire cant be killed with just you and a minnion (they dont work in the first place IMO). So if all you want to do is just get to malistaire this combonation worked for me.

Survivor
May 15, 2009

Bad matchs
Life/Ice
Both classes are not very powerful, and when both classes have lots of health these 2 are not fit for each other
Storm/Fire
These to are ok together, but fire and storm are alike, and both do not give healing and both are powerful but they just are not the best of partners.
Death/Life
Both of these heal, and both are not very powerful, they have good accuracy but just are not ment for each other.

I Dont know where you got your info on death not being very powerful but with all traps and all boosts my wraith will do 5000 health drain and having life to give me health while i set up for the kill i usually walk away from a battle fully healed

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Well I am fire but I really dont think that Fire solos allot cause in battle i need help allot but I have heard that myth is pretty good batteling alone I think maybe Myth because they have like TONS of minions they are so lucky so yeah I am starting to think myth.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
death definetly :) i have a level 47 death wizard and so far most of the dungeons i have soloed (a few with friends) at every battle kill the first monster then use a lot of powerups (deathblade, feint) then kill with vampire or wraith to heal myself :) so far it hasnt failed me yet

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
i'm a grandmaster death/storm i soloed the hole game except malstaire and i died a lot to get to where i am now the reason is that i dont know how to cooperate with people so thats just to let you know and i'm still having a hard time with that (i've tried hepling people to get more people skills and is not working) well thats just to let you know you can solo the whole game

blaze soulcloud lvl 50 death/storm

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
You cannot solo anymore because of the new additions

So yeah i tried that a lot of times and failes

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I am Fred Myth Hunter i chose myth and storm are the most awesome ones when teamed together because you could use minions to heal you while you use minotaur and the six pip storm card [you know what it is] while your friends scream in fear! Myth/Storm is the best there is !
OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I went through 90% of the game solo with a Balance\Life.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I had an easy time soloing the game on two types of wizards. Ice and Death. Death was more fun and quick because healing and then moving to the next battle. Ice was easy but I had to have life as a second and lots of time. Potions are also a must have. Also you will not be able to solo everything.
Examples: Big Ben, Great Spyre
Obviously...

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I am a level 48 Storm Wizard and have gone through most of the game solo. It wasn't until I reached Dragonspyre that I actually had trouble beating some Towers and Instances. My secondary school is life which I have up to the Satry card, and I have some balance too. I wish to eventually change to Life and Death, though, mainly for the Feint spell. Once you've found out your strengths and weaknesses, you learn to manipulate your deck to different battles and in different situations. For example, as a Storm wizard, I don't need a Prism unless I'm going into a duel with a storm monster. If it's only one mosnter, then I can take out some healing cards and if the monster is tough, I can add more healing cards as well as blades, shields, and traps. Once you've got your school figured out, soloing can become much easier.