Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
Definitely Balance

Balance (in my opinion) is like all the schools combined in one. It has a healing spell, good defense, and attacking spells! Even though I'm Life, I'm training in Balance (I finished training in Death and halfway done training through Storm)

- Savannah LifeHunter, Level 43 Theurgist

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
I may be slightly wrong (as I have only really played as a Pyromancer), but I believe that any wizard can be powerful if they have the right strategy. In regards to balance, I believe they are most effective in a group, but they are also powerful alone. To be a good solo wizard you should have a deck that prepares you for anything. In my deck i include Sun spells for an extra edge, charms to make my spells stronger (and in the rare case when it helps against a cheating boss. *cough* Sylster Glowstorm *cough*), shields against most of the schools (except for Balance), wild fire so i can add damage to all of the fire spells of me and my friends, damage spells (duh!) and healing spells. I also keep a few prisms in there in case i go up against a fire boss. If anyone here is able to point out a flaw in my plan, then by all means, point away!

Rogan Dragonflame, Transcendant Pyromancer, the Dragonhound.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
It really depends on what your style of game play is. Do you like to play by yourself? If yes, then it is probably a good idea to be able to heal and have some health. So i suggest Life and Storm. I have done all of the game solo with my Magus life and storm wizard. However once you're in Marleybone, friends help a lot. But if you like to play with friends and have help. You can have whichever school you like. For example my Thaumaturge wizard was very hard to do solo. I had to use friends for mostly everything because I made a lame choice in a secondary school. :? So it depends on your style :)
Good Luck to all! And may the dueling be ever in your favor :)
~Trying to keep The Spiral a calm place with no Bullying~
Sierra PearlSmith- Level 59- Thaumaturge
Lindsey SeaBreeze- Level 30- Thuergist

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
gamemaster wrote:
It's impossible to solo everything due to Kenningston Park,it's impossible to solo,but for the rest of the game,Death,it has the best wards and charms.

Kensington Park? You're tripping! Wintertusk is impossible to solo.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Defender
Jan 09, 2009
Snowflake50 wrote:
gamemaster wrote:
It's impossible to solo everything due to Kenningston Park,it's impossible to solo,but for the rest of the game,Death,it has the best wards and charms.

Kensington Park? You're tripping! Wintertusk is impossible to solo.

And Avalon. I cannot even comprehend being able to beat the Jabberwock solo!

- Rogan Dragonflame, Dragonhound, Transcendant Pyromancer.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
ok ok you guys are making this to complex. its all about what school you are more effective with and having a support school as your second like if you have fire or storm have a live or death behind it to keep you alive. orif you have myth be able to build up a strong defense. basicly if you pick the school that has the best stat's and spell types for you you can solo to about lvl 35 before you need help. if you picked a school thats not your style youll get to about 25 soloing untill you need help in the end you will always need help at least a little in the game so hang in there

Lvl 37 Life/Storm
Lvl 29 Fire/Ice
Lvl 15 Balance/death

Survivor
May 04, 2011
I am a life wizard and you want to choose life or balance because they can heal also I would find a chore or job to earn a bit extra money for crowns cause they do come in handy when your stuck hope this helps

Explorer
May 02, 2011
As a balance I have to say balance because I haven't really had a challenge :? :

And storm but they have bad defense and aim so it's hard

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
mke497 wrote:
As a balance I have to say balance because I haven't really had a challenge :? :

And storm but they have bad defense and aim so it's hard

Even though many disagree i think ice! ice has good defense and moderate attacks even though they say it is a weak class with some buffs on a collossus you can do 4000 damage easy! so i vote ice!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I find balance the best school. You have a lot of shields and have fairly good damage and accuracy. I solo every boss until i reached lvl 45 on my balance .

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
i have a lvl 78 death wizard and he seems very strong to me. however death has weaknesses just like every other school. i think the game is designed so that no school prevails over another school, therefore you are forced to use teamwork in certain areas such as malistare's lair.there are 25,000,000+ players. i would recamand using that to your advantage.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Wizard101FanWiki wrote:
I find for mostly solo play. Somethings need groups but for most available solo play. I find Life being the best school, lots of healing. Myth is also good with all the minions to help you. Balance is fairly good especially with a high damage but low accuracy school like fire, ice, storm.

NO. Balance has 85% accuracy! Please don't diss other schools when you dont know how much they have. ALSO this accuracy is 5% away from life's.
Grrr

Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
I am a myth/storm kind of person,i use my minions to have time to heal or save up pips for bigger attacks. My deck consists of different varieties of elements:myth,storm,balance,life and occasionally i change it up with other elements. Myth in my opinion is one of the best forms of magic (i know it has been said before),but it has plenty of disadvantages i am level 29 and i cannot defeat the two bosses at chelsea court due to the fact that one:they are myth resistant and two: they set up storm shields against my storm attacks. so as everyone said before there is not real school that is the best it is all opinion. The game is more about strategy mainly,using the appropriate elements in the right times of battle and depends on how much health the opponent has. So technically all elements are equal they all have advantages and disadvantages. If used appropriately you can beat/solo pretty much any boss,but some such as Malistaire for example obviously requires teamwork a variety of magics to defeat him I myself have never fought him,but i have seen videos of people using spells i can only hope to ever get hitting him and still failing. So,basically as said before (or i think it was) it is situational use the appropriate magic for the appropriate situation of course help is needed with plenty of things:dungeons,bosses and etc. So in the end all schools are equal one again with their own advantages and disadvantages. Sorry if reading all this was of any trouble to you.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
At first I thought it was Balance, but when I read the message boards, almost everyone kept saying that the best school is Death. Well, now that I think about it, I think that they are ALL cool, I mean, each school has its downs and ups and there are things that other schools don't have right?I am still not so sure that its balance, but I am also seeing messages that are saying that Balance is the best school, the only way to find out is to keep playing with my balance wizard and see how it works out for me.

Brianna DawnBlood

Level 16 Balance Wizard

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
I personally think death (mainstreammmm XD) as I've done quite well with my new death wizard (now lvl 20 krokotopia) and really only work
With others when my friend asks to join the dungeon or battle (or I call over a friend to kill a boss in A minute before I have to go XD, did that yesterday but ony once, yay! Bad time management!)

I think it really is based on how you play, not just adapting to your wizard, but how you think and go through things.

I fight like a storm wizard still, even using death, just killing fast, as I'm used to having to on y storm (dragonspyre now, so much help was needed to get there LOL)

It's really how you play, I'm pretty antosocial and really have terrible manners at times, so I stick with solo, thus adapt to having no help XD

Good luck with any wizard you choose to solo with!

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Fire for sure, I soloed most of the game on my fire apart from the odd thing like tower of the helephant, ghost of avalon etc. Although I am life second school with mastery amulet...also, be smart about buying gear, a lot of people aren't. Go for resist instead of critical rating for example...

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
I would say ice wizard, we have the most health then any other school and we have powerful spells that do damage over time. I am not joking when i say i beat mallistaire and his minions solo. I got really lucky and remember every hit from the battle, but playing the game solo is possible and ice wizard is the way to go.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
I would say Life.

3 reasons:

Healing. You can heal at anytime in danger. I solo my Life. I don't heal until I'm down to 500 health. (LOL) But when I do. Its effective.

Attack: Now, many will disagree, since our best attack remains Centaur until around lvl 58, but I manage to make it work well!

Defense. We have moderate resist. It comes back to you if you don't block critical. But, judge as you may, my lvl 53 Life is still using it! (And it works!)

See you in the spiral!

~Eric CrowSpear - 80
~Eric LifeGiver - 53

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
I'm gonna be kinda biased here and say Fire/Death, which is one of my wizard's XD
She solos amazingly and I plan to get a mastery amulet so she can use her power pips on death spells.
She has the high hits of fire and the wonderful DoT spells as well as draining from he death.

She only solos side quests though, as she and my friend's life wizard play the main quest together :>

I love my death wizard too though.
He's death/fire (I know. Opposites LOL) and has died maybe once or twice soloing and now is at tomb of storms krokopatra.

The fire is mainly for fighting death or ice enemies XD
He could live without a secondary.

My storm on the other hand is just a terrible soloist. Barely able to survive, but my storm minion on him has become a beloved friend CX

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Now that the game has changed, I always used to say Myth was best for this because of the minion help. But now, Death, Ice, and Life have the edge soloing. I mean, death deals damage, and get their health back, and if you mix converts correctly, you can get a boost on myth, life, (I forget what life gets a boost on in avalon besides death), I've seen Ice wizard with 5000 hit points, and 40% resist to every category. You're not going to die if they can't damage you! And you get boosts on fire, death, and ice(with converts), and life can heal through anything and guardian angel. Enough said about them haha. Now these are the best for soloing in my opinion, but that doesn't mean all the others are bad, I just think they are more difficult than these 3. I will say balance is interesting and should be rather easy to solo, though I've never used a balance wizard before. Storm by far is the most difficult, especially with the low accuracy, and hit points.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

Honestly i would say ice is because of its resist and health. If you go on youtube you can find ice people all over that are ice doing solo battles. Such as Penndragon and morganthe.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
My myth can usually handle anything in dragonspyre I just blade, spirit blade then frog or earthquake. Usually it takes one frog bladed up, then one frog without blades to kill off mobs. I like the bosses for their high health but small attacks. So I just Minotaur four or five times and the battle is over.