Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Honestly, there are no really sure ways to solo in the game. While there are minions for all schools, there are no garuntees that you will be able to beat the whole game alone, especially in places like Dragonspyre and Celestia. Teamwork is a must

Maria Drake lvl 41 Therugist

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Headmaster Ambrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

What type of wizard is the headmaster? and whats his favorite spell?

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
I'd say storm, because with accuracy boosting gear, I always killed my enemies before they even halved my lower-than-average health.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
I have been soloing in every school. I was using henchmen for some boss battles (haven't since the changes - probably won't anymore). My Ascended Fire has done everything solo except for waterworks, helephant tower and Mirror Lake. I have even soloed Beloq a couple of times (and won )

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
I got to level 23 with fire/life i chose life as my secondary school because its good to heal. :-)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
It's 100% unoriginal but.... Kingsilse.... LFG. Looking For Group. Lets you group with wizards based on quest, level, school, dungeon, etc. :)

Survivor
Oct 30, 2009
i am fire/death lv 33 and i made it through a solo game but i just took a break so it is really hard being these two types
i think the best solo clases would be
myth/storm do some damage and then do more damage
ice/life if you want to not heal much it what you want to do
best of all storm/life you do tons of damage but you you have to heal alot
death/life heal and heal and heal do damage then and you heal
what is your opinon

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
I'm a Level 70 Life Wizard and have fought all but 5 fights solo so far. Killed Malistaire alone. Ravenscar alone. Trial of the Spheres alone. No henchmen, no crown gear. All drops. The only non-subscription money I have spent has been on one amulet I bought at Level 60. But really, I only ever needed my Life spells.

Now, all this means that at any given moment I will have a few old quests still on the books because I'm not yet strong enough to win, but almost always, leveling up a bit or learning a new spell solves that. Granted, it has taken me longer. I get defeated a lot. I played free up to Level 20, so I have patience! But solo-ing has made me learn how to properly stack my deck for a fight. And that teaches you to play a better supporting role in a group.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Im an ice DO NOT DOICE! I recomend life or storm. they will work well. life with a minion you can use the sprite gaurdian's healing and shielding and you can attack. But storm the minion can taunt the enmies ad get the attention and you attack. those are the ones i recomend.

Vladus Darkcaster ice lvl 69
Baley Pealblosem life lvl 35
Joshua Stormrider storm lvl 26
Autum Drakedust death lvl 7
Jason Flamefist balance lvl 10

Ok with Mammoth it is easier

Survivor
Nov 03, 2008
Life and death.... but it takes a while for them because their attacks are so low, and death wizards dont get an attack all enemies until lvl 48 (scarecrow) so it takes a really long time to get through battles on the streets with more than one enemy
- Im mainly a storm wizard and the attacks on the streets are so easy with tempest (lvl 28)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
Well i'm a level 42 death and i solo most of my fights. The reason why is because death is the best for solo, considering they can heal themselves while doing the damage. I use wraith a ton because i boost it so much that i get a lot of healing like a attacking saytr.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
I personally enjoy the life school. It's really handy to have tons of healing spells on hand. I barely ever get defeated in combat. It also helps because a lot of the bosses, such as the Protectors of the Fang in the Vault of Ice in Krokotopia, are death school, so you have a boost advantage.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
That's a tough one.

As a Thaumaturge, your high Health means that you'll almost always survive long enough to heal and defeat at least one enemy in the earlier worlds. I have not yet passed Krokotopia with an Ice Wizard yet, but plan to.

As a Conjurer, you can summon Minions to help you (Though I find the Henchmen far more effective). I've gone as far as Wintertusk, skipping Dragonspyre, with a Conjurer.

As a Necromancer, you heal as you attack, and the ability to do so only gets better and better as you grow in level. As a Level 68 Necromancer in Zafaria, I can pretty much solo any mob outside the Waterworks. The boosts to gear and offered by Blades just makes it that much easier to recover anything baddies throw at me.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
I would say death. a llot of people say its not good and bad stuff about it. I am currently level 53 i have had a little help here and there but over all im i doing good. It also has the ability of attacking and gaining health at the same time and it almost never fizzle and it also has decent health

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Soloing... My most effective character is my Death/Ice character. The wizard can use death mainly for attacks and steal heals. While My wizard is waiting for pips, it uses Tower and volcanic shields. But, when a boss shields, i find it very difficult to break them. I also have a transceded Myth character and he is exstremely well at destroying shields. But myth has a fairly high fizzle rate without the right equipment/clothing. My oppinion is that the game wasnt meant for soloing. That is why they have bosses in every school. Now pvp soloing is a lot different...

darkfire4558~

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
:-) Hey guys its Kyle Lion-blade from wizard101! Most of you don't know me but i'm a Master Pyromancer in Dragons-pyre. Now i definitely couldn't solo wizard101 but i'm not the greatest wizard. To date right now i am level forty-two and my strongest card is storm zilla and most missions i do are with friends so i don't really think its possible to solo it. If anyone wants to meet me, i hang out at Ivan area 1 in dragons-pyre for now. I move from place to place pretty fast so i'll be in Ivan at dragons-pyre in grand chasm, but i bet i'm almost done with grand chasm. So if you're a member and you want to meet me, i'll see you around the spiral! Again my name is Kyle Lion-blade, see ya! :)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Well .... a ice soloed mirror lake it was Awseomesome so maybe you Shoud pick! ice, tyler.,,,

Survivor
Jan 23, 2012
I think all school's are great in a way.

However Death is quite good for soloing as you get a healing bonus to your attacks. Even thought I'm only a low level, (level 16) I still find death awesome :)

Survivor
Oct 31, 2011
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

iam level 38 myth. I hardly have had any help, made it through marleybone big ben myself. I have an adult pet that helps with healing spells, and cyclops minion. ( i just received a stronger minion,i have yet to try.)
Iam also a new player, and do not have any true friends, and not many online friends to help me when I need, so thats why I solo mostly. iam now in mooshu and am going through it with ease. No help from my minions yet either. I think as long as you have a good healing spell and sheilds you can solo it with anything, because lets face it, not everybody can get help all the time, and i dont think they would design this game so you couldnt solo.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I have soloed and small grouped with my husband and daughter to get a 50+ balance / life, Cold / storm and Balance/life toon. Death was the easiest with balance a close second. I have not had as much luck soloing or small grouping in the worlds of Wintertusk and Celestia and I hate that. The game is way less fun for me if I have to get a group up every time I want to play.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
First I should say that you will not be able to go on to Grizzleheim with one school. But the best schools are Life and Death. My "solo" is Death, and i'm working on Life right now. Do NOT choose Balance or Fire because in Krok there are lots of enemies with Balance and Fire.
So my suggestion is start with death, and then when you are done with death do life.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
I am really new to this game. My 7 year old started it and I took over ;). I am not sure how the game will go on but my level 41 balance wizard (no crown gear or fancy pet) went alone until now with only Big Ben done in a group and only because somebody just joined me when I went in lol. Now in Mooshoo (sp?) still doing alone all the battles and bosses. Have to see how it goes. I like to play solo, I might be slower this way but I also know that nobody will mess up my set up. I have " friends" on my list but thhose are not real life friends and while I help a lot when asked I find it very hard to play in those groups, most likely because the communication is so hard withoute open chat. I also started Storm and Death wizards, both are level 12 and starting Krokotopia. So far so good even that I will propably first try to finish wizard city before going full on the Kroks. I hope that I can solo most of the time and the way I see it, it is more the style how you play and how good or bad your deck is set up than any school type. I bet there are great wizard in every school who are able to solo most of the time :D.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
I would have to say... Ice. With a second school of Life or Death, your wizard will NEVER DIE. I have an Ice/Life/Death (No mastery amulet) that I'm playing through Dragonspyre, and I have been able to solo 90% of the world so far. You get good health from the Ice, heals from the Life, and of course, Death drains. Of course, many battles will take you quite a long time, due to the fact that not much damage is done by any of the schools.

I have to say, also, as the owner of a Transcended Balance/Fire, that while Balance has its advantages, it's nowhere near the best school, mostly because of the fact that you get no boosts on any type of enemy, and Balance enemies will still resist to you.

Storm... Amazing damage (When you don't fizzle), just make sure that the enemy can't land a hit on you.

Fire. Good damage, but there's still the problem of low health/high fizzle... :?

Life - Heals, health, and hardly any fizzle! :D Damage is minimal, though.

Death - Overall, if you wanted to solo with just one school, I'd say Death is the best. It's fairly moderate in all stats, plus the drains ensure that you're always good on health. Again, not much damage, unfortunately.

Myth - I can't speak to this one, since I don't have a wizard of Myth, but I'll try to explain. Minions=Good, Fizzle chance=OK, Health/Damage=OK.

Hope this helped!
~Chase Dreamhunter, level 70 Sorcerer
~Charles Iceheart, level 48 Thaumaturge

Survivor
May 19, 2009
quinn6666 wrote:
I'm a Level 70 Life Wizard and have fought all but 5 fights solo so far. Killed Malistaire alone. Ravenscar alone. Trial of the Spheres alone. No henchmen, no crown gear. All drops. The only non-subscription money I have spent has been on one amulet I bought at Level 60. But really, I only ever needed my Life spells.

Now, all this means that at any given moment I will have a few old quests still on the books because I'm not yet strong enough to win, but almost always, leveling up a bit or learning a new spell solves that. Granted, it has taken me longer. I get defeated a lot. I played free up to Level 20, so I have patience! But solo-ing has made me learn how to properly stack my deck for a fight. And that teaches you to play a better supporting role in a group.

I agree. My Storm wizard (My first wizard) is at the end of Celestia. I soloed up to the end of Dragonspyre. Fizzling for sooo long was frustrating but I learned that Accuracy is the key and good deck construction is crucial. I could do almost anything alone. After dying 12 times sometimes, but I did it.. When the bosses got more complicated, I saw that other wizards' spells were the key and so I had to find friends to help.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Well i am a ice level 64 wizard and i have some other medium guys but i think that balance is the best to solo because balance is basicly a little bit of everything and there isnt many balance enemies to be honest so i say balance :D