Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
I think in the design idea Myth was supposed to be the best, but oher schools have minions too. I solo a LOT on my ice with life secondary and it's all worked out fine for me so far. Really as long as you have life as a secondary you can solo well on pretty muc anything.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
I think Ice would be the best because of there health and shield options, and they don't fizzle a lot. Then as a secondary school i would use storm for the damage i have a level 43 Ice/Storm wizard and it is going fine. In my opinion Ice/Storm is the best. :D

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
: well i think that uh ice, storm, balance, life, and fire are all choices ( good choices k ). also let me tell u reasons why. ice has good shielding and amazing health, i know cause i'm legendary ice. storm is ok, why you ask?well it always fizzles but it has crazy damage defying attacks!!! =D fire. it is cool, because it has good atacks, an ok fizzle rate and they get ok health. life is a good school. it has good health, healing spells, ok spells, and you get to ware green!!! lol. now lastly balance, it is fine you know but you half to go to krokotopia for the real teach there. ( and he's a krok ) well dds or dakota D.S. OUT, PEACE TO ALL!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
Well this best class to solo is Probley none but if i had a choice it would be fire

Ellie lvl-50 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
I think life is the best to solo with because you get better healing spells from your teacher and then you can do storm and/or death. thats what my 51 wizard is and its going fine!

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
riverside7722 wrote:
Well this best class to solo is Probley none but if i had a choice it would be fire.

Ellie lvl-50 Ice Wizard

My Fire/Ice wizard is level 43 and i have not had a problem soloing anything.
between the minion that really helps to all the damage over time spells and having 2 spells that hit all enemies it is very versatile.

Personally I think that most schools could solo with a little thought to your
deck and wearable items.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
It depends on your playing style, but I like soloing with Storm.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
i think that myth is the best class to solo the game. myth has tons of minions that you can summon as back up. only problem is when you vs another myth person its hard

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
i am doing great with ice with a duel secondary of life and death
ice school items have best resistance health and mana
life heals the damage(satyr) and death increase damage(feint)
right lv 45 and max solo dmg is 2300-2500
n i can take on bosses with health of 7000+ easy on first try
and i suggest a storm pet that resist storm damage cause they have higher damage output
and resist 20% and only will get higher at lv 45
and if u include the free shield from fairgrounds i have a shield against all schools and double on myth(ice shields storm and fire, life shields myth and death, death shields life and myth, and the free shield shields my school ice plus tower shields and shield steal spell
making it so i can take dmg and deal it out

Survivor
Nov 23, 2010
Seriosly you cannot solo the game. The best thing I think someone should do is be either a life wizard or a storm wizard and group up with a life or storm wizard. That's what I did. 8)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
I'm a Balance/Storm/Myth user and I think that any of those three would be good to solo with. I'm a little partical to Balance though since I started off with that. :P I don't think it would matter which school you started off with since you can add other schools with the amount of training points we get. So if you started off with Ice school you can add Life school to the mix to help you if you wanted. It depends on how you construct your deck. If you think about it you could create a pretty strong one and wouldn't have to rely on many people while playing.

Just my opinion though. :)

Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
I am a lvl 41 myth/storm and i have been pretty good at soloing

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
Ice is a good school. I've soloed Wizard city, Krokotopia, Savastaad Pass and Marleybone up to Katz Lab on Christopher Unicornmask. With the exception of Sunken City, Emperors Retreat,Temple of Storms and that annoying Agony Wraith in Newgate Prison, I've soloed half of the main story line! I hope i answered your question. (Note: I completed Wizard City at Level 11 with Christopher LotusPetal, my Lvl 12 Diviner.)

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
At 58 +, nothing will beat a life wizard with a death wand. The Gargantuan Forest Lord properly bladed (and converted if necessary) will decimate all opponents on any day. He is like the baddest tank there is. Best part is he is able to solo any standard fight. He makes the best farmer there is. The dungeons are again easier because life wizards are sought by parties to keep them alive. Death is second best. Ice and myth are ok because they can steal or destroy the tower sheilds . Balance and storm are hard because they are designed to need help or be helpers. Fire I don't know well.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Well their is none but i think that the best one would be a necromancer A.K.A death wizard, because they can attack and heal in one spell, lus thats mainly why i like them plus thats the only good thing about them also.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
I have legendary storm and life wizards, level 58 fire, level 40-something balance and ice, and have started a death and taken it to level 20-something (then deleted him).

With my life wizards (2) I have soloed the entire game, including Water Works but excepting Tower of the Helephant and one fight in Crustacean Empire. Solo to me means NOT using henchmen. I have been unable to solo as much with other wizards. Note that I have not tried myth.

Some fights take longer with life, but in my experience you are more likely to complete the quests and battles with life when going solo.

Elijah Earthforge, Legendary Life

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010

I started playing abouta year and a half ago.. I started playing as a pyromancer student... all went well, until i got bored.. then i Started playing as a life student.. i loved it immediatly. not only did i NOT have to keep using potions. but i could heal myself, and still do some serious damage.. BUT i also put alot of time in to my character.. i also spent alot of crownes and bought alot of potions/accessories and including my pet egg. i find its fun, and keeps me going in the game.. ill usually play til i sleep.. im addicted to playing my life character.. and also to make things even interesting i also traded in all my myth training points, and decided to try storm, along with my life character. and the results are quite appealing.. maybe this will help.. hope you find it interesting.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

In my opinion I think Balance is pretty good becuz ive went solo alot and made it thruogh though at level 30 it got kinda hard. And sure i have my friends help me once in a while. Its pretty good . Though my advice is that to put some life spells in your deck (it'll help you alot trust me).

Esmee EmeraldFlower Level 42 Balance (Master) :D

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
well, i am using a fire/life wizard and i'm doing great. yeah, sometimes i die but its pretty easy. you have good spells for hurting and you can heal yourself when needed. and with some of my drop items i can make my healing spells even more powerdul along with my attacks and resistance. it works out perfectly for me.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.
I did well solo with my myth cause of the minions.

Survivor
May 30, 2011
say can any one tell me how to get clothes when you are a level sixty

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
I have 5 different schools, Life 60 and 35, Death 56, Storm 53, Balance 53, and Ice 19... My life is Legendary and I've solo'd her most of the time, I have called friends for towers that need more than one to go through... I have had friends pop in to play along, but most of the time I run all my mages solo. I admit there are things you need to have company to get through, but most of it can be done solo...

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

I am a balance wizard and am halfway through Mooshu. I am level 46 and I think Balance is probably the worst to solo because they do weak damage but for group its the best because of all its charms.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
CyberDonkey wrote:
There is none.
Storm Is For Attack, it gets the job done quick, but fizzle alot.
Life Is For Health, it heals you if you are short of health.

Those 2 are examples. No class is good enough to solo Wizard101,
you need to unite some classes to complete Wizard101.

i played solo the whole time and im halfway through marley bone with an ice wizard