Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
How about "your favorite wizard" as an answer...

As mimi4566 broke it down very nicely, all schools have their advantages and disadvantages. My Death did very well soloing most of DS and CL. But because my favorite is my Storm (recently switched from second school Death to Life) I find that I keep finding ways to improve her. Even well after she hit legendary and CL. She can solo most places, even Wintertusk.

:)
Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Nora SeaStone lvl 60 storm
Ellie WinterBane lvl 49 ice
Nora WillowSmith lvl 5 life

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
I have a 53 death and he has made it all the way to wt and cl.
I think death

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
Defender
Apr 26, 2009
A combination of life and storm schools worked best for me. I am life but I trained storm school. Life provides the major heals needed to solo and storm provided the powerful attacks. So together they make a great soloing combination.

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
littlebelle wrote:
My fist character was Ice/Life. She was a good character really liked the health. Lots of protection but not a lot of power behind the spells.

Next character Balance death. Now this is an awesome character. I can fight any character in Mooshu alone. I think this has become my favorite :)

With Judgment of Balance and +70 trap from Death this is awesome for fighting the Jade oni :)

i agree balance and death is the easiest to solo and i think that ice and life could be easy too if you have many ice traps and blades to make your attacks stronger. i have a lvl fifty ice and life girl and she is still going solo in dragonspire its not too hard

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I think balance is the best school to solo with. In case you don't know balance gets 4 minions, 2 healing spells, Judgment, 3 to all enimes spells, and a lot of shields. I originally started with an ice wizard and got 3/4 of the way through Krocotopia before switching to balance. Any secondary school goes with balance. There's no downside! :D That's what I think, does anyone agree?

Survivor
Jul 20, 2010
Ice is the best school to solo the games with.

As a lvl 29 Thaumaturge I have soloed most of the game and have easily gotten through Wizard City, Krokotopia, and am currently working on Marley and GH. I have 1987 health points which is more than a lot of grandmasters I have battled against in the arena. My secondary school is Fire, so what Ice lacks in, Fire makes up for it and has a little bit better accuracy than storm. So Ice/Fire combo is perfect because I have Health, defense spells, accuracy and good attack.

Scarlet Icerider lvl 29 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
The problemo with this is that if you solo on Wizard 101 it takes weeks to do triton avenue and months to do the chamber of fire. If I had to choose i would pick balance. No shield against it and half the drops in some places suit balance. But ice is a good school as well :D :D :D :-DXD.
Christopher UnicornMask Level 21 Thaumagtre

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

The best are diviners. It's because they pack the best punch when it comes to battle. I know we have terrible accuracy, but i am a legendary diviner and i have a 92% chance not to fizzle. i barley ever fizzle.
it mostly depends on what you think is more important; healing, accuracy, attack, defence, or a specific balance between it all. but if you want to be one of the most powerful wizards, you should join me and the rest of the diviners of wizard101. And just to tell you how powerful we are, i once fought malistare alone and i actually won 8). I am not lying. True story.

Survivor
May 25, 2010
lol this may be a bit biast but i would have to say storm, i was able to mostly solo the game, including malistaire and the spiral geographical chamber in marleybone, but it also doesnt hurt to bring some friends along for the ride too :)
-Logan
lvl 60 diviner

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
i'm level 55 fire/storm, but honestly I think that death and storm are the best schools to solo with.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
The best school to solo the game with is life or ice.

Ice can shield themselves and reduce the damage taken and life can heal themselves or combine them both have your main school ice and train in life or have your main school life and train in ice i prefer life and training in ice

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
Myth is pretty good since it has a lot of minions, but Life can heal, Death can steal health from enemies and heal themselves, Storm has basically strongest spells, Balance is good health good attack spells, Ice has most health 4,000 sometimes, Fire has good spells and ok health, so my choice would have to be... MYTH WITH A SECONDARY OF LIFE! You could use minions, attack with spells that hit everyone on the opposing team and heal! try differnt combos too just in case! See ya!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
not to judge anything but balance would work better.i havent tried solo.only for death and jade oni in mooshu.balance has so many shields to help.a good defence in a good offense

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

Is not. I'm able to solo my ice character fine.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
i'm balance and have a solo deck and group and i soloed shickatari temple and i am balance/myth/storm and its a balance/myth/storm no joke

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I have at least grandmaster in every class and legendaries in 4 of them. I thought balance, life and death were all easy to solo up to Celestia. I played all of them through Dragonspire before you COULD solo Malistaire (there used to be 3 crystals to light up), so I did need help with that. Storm solos easy at low to mid level, but I struggled in DS with her. Ice solos well, but slow since they are the last class to get a blade (level 40 or 42 I think). Fire is fun once your accuracy is up because you can cast a damage over time spell and then just heal or shield yourself while they die and still finish the battle with high health. Myth was OK at low levels, but the combo of low attack/low accuracy/ and low health made it harder after about level 40. Especially when you have less than helpful minions and one Tempest from the enemy knocks them out.
I think my easiest class was death, but the most fun was fire, and the most impressive hits were storm. It is all up to you and what style you like. I would suggest having some sort of healing ability though, either in your main or secondary. My son tried a fire/storm wizard and died because he had no heals unless he constantly spent all his money on treasure cards.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I have gotten through Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Marleybone on my storm wizard without ANY help. I have died about 10 times, but the key to getting through them is to do side quests, strategize your cards, and most of all, be PATIENT! If you can do all those, any wizard works :)

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
gamemaster wrote:
It's impossible to solo everything due to Kenningston Park,it's impossible to solo,but for the rest of the game,Death,it has the best wards and charms.

Actually no it is quite possible to solo any class but no class is better then the other because each has its own strenths and weakness. For example Life major healing
Life power not so much.
I could give you all the schools but I think one example is enough.
Post back if you want all the examples :P

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Well, if you want to solo I have 2 classes that take you far.

Ice:Has most health, good attacks.

Life:Has healing spells. Very good, but weak attacks.

I reccomend learning something like Fire or Storm to go with these.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
ffjkg wrote:
Gosh over 700 answers this needs to be locked already!

Why its a popular question and lots of people like it.

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I done pretty good solo with fire but some mission with a friend or uses crowns

Survivor
May 23, 2009