Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 21, 2009
hehe this topic is still going .. But as i said before . All schools are good *IF* you play them right and you stack blades right and your stats are good, Saying one is better then the other is being one sided all schools have weak points and a strong points. Learning your class and building your gear right for it is KEY to winning. On my fire my attack on stats alone is 54% i have acuracy of 13% on fire that stacks with the 75% on cards shield rate of 24% , block on all of 80% crit rate of 113% on fire and able of hitting bosses well over 22K with efreet . But please im not saying by any means that my class is best just pointing out that stats on a class and knowing it are key is all, again i believe that all Schools are good.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
well it depends if you are going to buy a membership (subscription) then fire you get stronger spells than you think when you level up.But if you are going to stick with the frre version of wizard101 then ice because when you start out the game ice is not weaker it does the same damage but ice still has more life :)

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
I don't think there is any one class that you can solo the whole game with. The best combination would be storm and life, though. Lots of healing and moderate damage from life, and huge amounts of damage from storm. Battles finish pretty quick like that.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.

Okay,Balance isn't half bad.It's all of the schools together.Fire,ice,storm,death,myth,life all in one.

Question:What is merlin magic?

Answer:Merlin magic is the magic of the most powerful wizard,Headmaster Merlin.It is a another name for balance.

Question:Is balance stronger with attack or defense???

Answer:Both is good.Balance has a lot of good attack spells,But is known for defense.THE ULTIMATE DEFENSE FORCE.
Nathan ghostheart lvl33 balance school.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Well I would most likely say death because I got lvl 60 Mostly alone the only thing i ever needed help with was MALISTARE, Labrynth,Big Ben

Due to the Damage that give you health as well makes it VERY easy to solo and there isnt many death mobs at all either :D

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
littlebelle wrote:
My fist character was Ice/Life. She was a good character really liked the health. Lots of protection but not a lot of power behind the spells.

Next character Balance death. Now this is an awesome character. I can fight any character in Mooshu alone. I think this has become my favorite :)

With Judgment of Balance and +70 trap from Death this is awesome for fighting the Jade oni :)

It still takes a while for the balance school to become powerful needing the feint to do damage with judgment you would be focused on gaining that ability of death but you would die alot because you couldnt heal so i would think LIFE/DEATH Best solo classes :/

Survivor
May 02, 2011
My vote would be for a Storm Mage with training points in Life up through the Satyr spell (healing and spirit armor for defense) then either put points in Frost to get the Tower Shield (again, defense) or save them for the Astral schools (go ahead, transform into a Gobbler, just for laughs).

I've done this with my own Storm Mage and been able to solo 95% of the game so far, including Malistaire. I finished the fight with Malistaire still having just over half my health (1145/2005).

The key with a Storm Mage is choosing gear to boost accuracy, get a pet that boosts accuracy, get anything else that boosts accuracy

Did I mention how important boosting accuracy is?

Currently my spells have a base 89% accuracy without using any spell cards, with spell cards I can hit 99% or better. My spells don't fizzle very often (though they have this nasty habit of doing it at the WORST possble moment when they do ).

Currently I'm using an ancient Storm Serpent pet which gives me a boost to my health and accuracy, plus an extra spell card. I farmed Clanker to get the Storm Serpent, took killing him about 20 or so times before it dropped. I'm still training my Stormzilla, and haven't started using it yet.

In gear, always choose accuracy boosts over anything else. Second, extra health, third extra damage, extra mana fourth and resistance comes in last in priority (later get pip boosts and incoming health boosts, again, choosing that over resistance or even mana). With life spells (and the right mix in your deck) you can heal almost faster than most things (including bosses) can damage you (especially if you have incoming life boosts), so resistance is less important. Your best resistance comes from your shield spells. You can also finish many fights, even some boss fights still at full health once you get used to using the combo of attacks and heals with shields. With Life as your second school you've got good shields against everything except Balance and Life spells (which makes that Leprechaun VERY annoying but Balance attacks are the main threat you'll face, so keep your heal spells handy). I actually put enough points into Death to get their shields, giving me shields against Life and doubled shields against Myth. Go ahead, summon your Colossus, I laugh at your colossus! Seriously, the extra myth protection is nice but overall I think maybe the tower shield from Frost might have been better. On the other hand the ghoul heals me while attacking... so... its a trade off either way. You might also consider a point in Myth just for myth shield stripping. Nothing more annoying than to set up your big storm attack on a Storm boss only to see that myth shield pop up and you're all out of Prism cards... if only you had a Myth attack to strip it off... .oO(I've lost count the number of times I've wished that... course I also have been known to keep a Myth wand in my pack and switch to that for fights with Storm mobs/bosses for that very reason 8) Just don't sell it by accident when very tired at 2 am... not that I ever did that )

Once you get your minion, learn to use him, he's basically a big target, learn how to get the monsters to shift to him, heal yourself while he soaks attacks, build pips then launch a massive attack. Tempest with a full board of pips works nice until you get Storm Lord (Can you say Surf's up!... actually you can't, apparently "surf" is a censored word in game ). A supercharged Storm Lord or two Storm Lords back to back can clear any group of mobs I've encountered so far or strip almost any boss of his guards. Once you get a fight back to a one on one, the combo of Storm and Life spells can handle most bosses. Main drawback is surviving to get those spells off, you'll need your minion to do so and you'll need to cast shields on him to help him survive (he'll sometimes heal you or put a Spirit Armor on you in return). If you have incoming Healing boosts, two or three Sprites can heal a lot of lost health while you build your pips for very little cost in pips. Against a group of mobs, getting off a boosted Storm Lord early is key to success (boost it with any of Storm Blade, Storm Trap or your Storm power play, I like the power play myself with a possible Storm Blade to offset a Weakness).

Playing as part of a group, a Storm / Life wizard may either be the most loved or most hated (if you're dueling, the other team may learn to hate you and lots of cries of "no heals" which i laugh at, blast them and then remind them... "remember, no heals"). You can dish out the damage better than anyone else, and at the same time make a good second healer. I've actually acted as the main healer for pick up groups that had no main Life wizard and got the job done (not saying it was easy but I kept everyone alive... lil beat up... but alive). With a Life Wizard in the group, you're one less person for them to worry about healing which means they can focus on keeping the others alive and in good shape... nobody has to "carry" you.

I bought a one month membership and went from 1st level novice to lvl 52 GrandMaster in three weeks and soloed Malistaire just yesterday. Not bad if I do say so myself. So for those reasons Storm with Life as a second school gets my vote for best class / combo to solo with... or run in a group with... or duel with... or do anything else with. :-D

Earlier someone said there needs to be a in game way of finding groups for running dungeons. That gets my vote as well. A "Looking for Group" option in game would be very welcome. Being able to solo is nice (and often a necessity) but groups can be fun (would be more fun if some of my best jokes didn't get censored "... up!" with a maxed Tempest just isn't as funny. An then there are those jokes while you're transformed into a Gobbler... which probably should remain censored! ).

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I have to say life is the easiest because malistare is death and life has pretty good damage and lots of healing spells.

From,
Garret Storm l. 58 life

Survivor
May 17, 2011
This is my first play-through after being in-game for less than 3 weeks.

Currently, my character is 48, in dragonspyre. Death school, life up to sprite, ice up to tower shield. A bunch of unused training points.

Fighting life monsters can be slow, since you have to break their death shields before you can cast at them. I reserve a wand card for that.

For death monsters, I equip a life wand which won't set off my traps and swords if I'm waiting for pips or a prism.

I keep my deck lean and mean. 4 tower shields, 2 pixies, 5 swords, 5 traps, 5 vampires, 5 wraiths. I add prisms and switch wands as needed. It suits me fine through the boss fights like the onis, and through dragonspyre so far.

After almost running out of cards against jade oni, i changed my necklace to reshuffle. I haven't needed it yet, but there just in case.

I am defeated rarely, the last I can remember was against Spike the Crusher. Mostly, I end fights almost at full health.

For a quick tip, health is king. Period. No stat more important - equip gear that will adds to your health, pips, damage but especially health. You will outlast any boss.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I personally think Balance is if it is paired with life as a second, but only because balance has every school shied and has many per pip spells that hit hard and are not likely to fizzle

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
For me i use storm 8) they solo bosses pretty well but storm bosses are a hard time, If i were you i would become a storm student, and you secondary school should be myth!
Then when you face a storm boss you can use myth, and when you face a myth boss they fall hard

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
Defender
Mar 06, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world of wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

I agree, there is no class you can solo the game with. But if you wanted a good school to do most battles fast would probably be Storm. Storm is a powerful school even though Storm wizards get low health. When you get to the higher worlds, however, you may need some help on bosses. Deffinently go with Storm if you are looking for a class to finish battles fast. :)

Defender
Mar 06, 2009
Headmaster Ambrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

I also agree that Myth is a good school. I am currently working on my Grandmaster Myth and I can't wait until I get Talos and Medusa! Talos is a great minion. I used a treasure card of Talos before on a boss battle and I finished the battle in like ten minutes (10 minutes)! I love how Talos can you most Myth spell up to Earthquake.

Keep the great work coming! :D

Survivor
May 27, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.
He's right. No school is the best, not even my own school.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltsn. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

In a tough battle i decided to test two lvl 60 henchman, life and death, to see who lasts longest. The death wizard always had its health up and the life wizard kept dieing, so i think the bet class to solo is death.

P.S. i did life and death because people say these are best classes the most

Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
Kasta wrote:
I've tried most all the schools for a while and I find the easiest one to solo with is my Life/Death wizard. She's about half way through Marleybone and a bubble from 32. I'm on at odd hours and there are not a lot of people to group with on the server I play on so I play mostly solo.
i like Death, it does a LOT of damage.so i think Death is good for soloing.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
It greatly depends on your dedication to a school! Learning the strengths and weaknesses of a certain school will teach you how to build your deck for wonderful solo gameplay.

I have a Grandmaster Death Wizard, and let me tell you, big bosses are a pain! Huge Life bosses, like the Jade Oni, constantly use Death Shield (-80% Death Damage), and it just becomes a nuisance! However, Death is absolutely amazing at soloing Towers. Necromancers just sap health from the enemy of one floor, and depending on which spell you use (preferably Wraith or Scarecrow), you will most likely be brought back to full health to use on the next floor! Filling up your potions while preparing for a Tower really isn't a necessity when you are a follower of Death.

I also have a Magus Sorcerer, and I am absolutely loving Balance! He is about halfway through MooShu, and Judgement is, in my opinion, one of the most useful spells in the game! I pretty much soloed the whole game up to this point (except Big Ben, that was annoying ). The large amounts of Blades and Traps that come with being a Balance wizard boost your spells amazingly! Also, I recommend training Tower Shield (-50% Damage) as soon as you can! Combining it with the Spirit (-50% Death, Life, and Myth Damage) and Elemental (-50% Fire, Ice, and Storm Damage) Shields will greatly benefit your Wizard in battle. Judgement is just magnificent in PvE, as well as PvP. Just remember to build up your Blades and Traps, I don't recommend just using a Judgement with full pips without buffing. Being able to hit 2000 Damage at Level 28 is just an amazing feeling, and it can only happen with Balance!

Lastly, I also have an Adept Theurgist, and I was able to solo all of Krokotopia, and most of Marleybone (I haven't yet finished Marleybone on my Life Wizard). The only thing I would recommend while soloing with Life is to train Fire as your secondary school. As you well may know, Life doesn't have the greatest attacks, but their Heals are just immeasurable! So, adding Fire as your secondary school will put some decent attack cards in your deck!

Thanks for reading!
Kyle ShadowStaff
Grandmaster Necromancer
Kyle SandStaff
Magus Sorcerer
Devin SpiritRider
Adept Theurgist
:D

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.
Yes i agree its not if you are the best school its how you fight or work as you can say - plus i dont think anyone can solo the game really....... Sierra RoseFlame (gm) thrugruist lvl 57

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
In my opinion, I dont think there is a class that you can actually solo the game with. But for a good school that gives good spells and good health, I would stick with balance :D

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Death, Life, or Balance is the best but in my humble opinion Ice coupled with Storm works very well. I'm currently level 45 and I've soloed practically the entire game. I beat Big Ben by myself and I would have soloed Mooshu entirely if it weren't for the fact some people I knew wanted to jump ahead a world and start collecting stuff.

Anyway, I use my Ice spells as quickfire attacks to deal out damage with my powerpips and I use Storm to inflict massive amounts of damage. On top of that, because I'm Ice, I can outlast the majority of bosses and others enemies because I have so much health.

It also helps I have picked up quite a few nifty items through the game like Meowiarty's Robe of Ice, the Stiletto of Severity, and the Seal of Sleet. If you couldn't guess, all these items are Ice only and all together they give me around an extra thousand life points. Pretty awesome, I know... :D

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011

i think that the game needs more stuff and spells for death and clothes for all the people of death :D

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
DizzyWiz wrote:
well i think the best class to solo the game with is death cause it have good life draning spells and one of them can heal you and not to mention there are shields to power up your attacks so you can restore more health.
yes you are right but i am death to we need more spells more clothes to how about a wrold that is death they have a life lvl to

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Headmaster Ambrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

I believe Life and Myth are the Most Efficent school's to Solo and complete the game with Healing and use of Minions anyway if you dont have Mana you can still keep living with the Minior Blessing Spell Until Health comes.

SparkSaint :D