Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

i am balance too, it is very good, but if you are a balance student choose a spirit school like life,myth,or death. because you already have spells like hydra, spectral minion, or spectral strike.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
Headmaster Ambrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

The problem with myth is that there attacks arent that strong, they can be but take earthquake it only does 335. How is that going to help you in celestia? When they have 10,000 health. There minions dont do that powerful of attacks, they do like the first four or three over and over.

I can't say I know THE school but I am not sure it would be myth.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
I have a lvl 45 Balance and a lvl 30 Death. I love my necromancer but she dies rather easily in solo play; it's probably just me. However, my sorceress has the makeup of a tank in other MMO's: built to outlast in a lengthy battle.

Given the amount of shields/buffs a sorcerer has along with Judgement, it's easy to see why we're good at soloing and group play (as long as you don't expect storm-like hits and overkill). Fights tend to be epic battles instead of quick fights filled with a few buffs and a big bang.

I solo a lot in Dragonspyre and haven't died *yet*. Beaten every boss so far (even the Balance bosses). All it takes is persistence.

Oh, and I'm Balance/Life to Satyr with the Life Mastery amulet. Got a few tricks up my sleeve with the Dragonspyre equips that give cards as well.

My deck is based solely around buffing Judgement, Hydra and Spectral Blast and I keep a couple of Sandstorms for good measure. The rest are heals; Satyr, Pixie, Helping Hands. I don't bother with minions or Life attacks as their damage per pip ratio just isn't enough compaired with the attacks I do use. Might put a couple of Reshuffles in, just in case.

Hope this helps someone.
Cat

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Well my friend there might be no way to have a good school to solo the whole game but yet there is some possible choices that would help you pick. Fire is strong and the last spell you learn for it is Helephant. Storm is also pretty strong and the last spell for it is Stormzilla. Death has drain powers using it to defeat enemies and use half to heal their selves.The last spell for Death is Wraith. Balance is maybe the strongest of all... The last spell for Balance is Judgement. To get that spell you must first do a quest. There is many more schools to learn about you are free to make a new wizard and get enrolled again to learn about that schools. :D

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
mordaki987, I think death is a good school to use. It can hit pretty good and heal at the same time. It can also go right through absorbs with some attacks. But, always get that second school. With it you can plan well attacks. Balance is a great second school. Balance also can be your main though. and then death as the second. Balnce provides better acuraccy, and pretty much better evrything. Its attacks do nice damage. But the others that dont do damage can increase many stats. Think about all the schools including the ones i have said and choose which one you think is best. :D Alyssa Lvl 48 Life (usually in Wu realm)

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
Webkinzsnowcrystal wrote:
Well my friend there might be no way to have a good school to solo the whole game but yet there is some possible choices that would help you pick. Fire is strong and the last spell you learn for it is Helephant. Storm is also pretty strong and the last spell for it is Stormzilla. Death has drain powers using it to defeat enemies and use half to heal their selves.The last spell for Death is Wraith. Balance is maybe the strongest of all... The last spell for Balance is Judgement. To get that spell you must first do a quest. There is many more schools to learn about you are free to make a new wizard and get enrolled again to learn about that schools. :D
Sorry, but thats all wrong. I bet they didn't have the update yet when you posted this, or, you just don't know. The last Balance spell is Ra, the last Fire spell is Efreet, the last Storm spell is Leviathan, and finally, the last Death spell is Skelatal Dragon.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.
Though it is good to get help from friends, it is possable to solo all the way. Help from friends can be great though, especially from legends. But you must be prepared to do anything alone, incase friends cant even port.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
I believe in the equality in all schools. If all schools join together, only then you can be succesful. (Unless you've got AoE's :D)

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I think balance and ice are good at 2v2

i can kill storm,fire,life,ice,balance and myth

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
well i am in the the line for pyro and storm majic and have done well :D . Or at least en till i got to grizzleheim at level 21 so yeah.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
I have a life/myth character i like life cause of the healing and reliability on that it will work it gets tricky though when you face a life monster they heal and use spirit armour and resist my life spells thats when i use my myth though i say life is the best GO LIFE :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
I would have to say Life, because there are spells for healing(lots) and a few attack spells. Thats my opinion. It is hard to solo, so I wouldn't try it. :)
~ Brooke LegendCrafter Journeyman Conjurer

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
NinjaGobblah wrote:
I would have to say Life, because there are spells for healing(lots) and a few attack spells. Thats my opinion. It is hard to solo, so I wouldn't try it. :)
~ Brooke LegendCrafter Journeyman Conjurer

I'm afraid I highly disagree with that. Life was always known to be a healer's school, and to help heal while a friend does the damage. My Legendary is HORRIBLE at soloing (he is Life, by the way.)

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Acctuly guys the best class to solo with is ice. Its ice since it has the highest health i may be a level 46 fire student but i know my classes.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
gswift7 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.
wow i tried to solo but i stink at it and i really dont like that it is nearly immpossible for me to solo i want to get past grizzlehiem and marleybone no one will help tho so i just play noobs over and over and over through wc and krok

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
There is really no best class to solo with. Out of the three I have at grandmaster level right now (myth, fire and balance) myth has been the easiest. Especially through dragonspyre. All the debuffing you can do, along with the uniqueness of this spells, makes it rather easy to take out mobs by yourself. Balance was next easiest and fire was so far the hardest of those three. I can not comintate on death because while i have a death magus, I did it completely with a friend of mine so far.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
I think it should be storm. yes i know the accuarcy isnt that good and all. but they have really good strong hits. then there back up school should be life. they need it for health. :)

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Survivor
Apr 08, 2011
I believe the best class to solo the game with would be life with storm secondary.because while life has great healing spells,you can have the heavy attacks of storm to rely on.so you can heal so if you plays your cards correctly (blades,traps,gears,wands,etc.), then you can pull of a one hit combo if you dont fizzle and with the great healing spells you can heal quickly with power pips and with the field spell,you can actually solo the game for like 90% of it.I did that and I just got past most of the first world and I quikly getting past firecat alley.I hope I helped you guys out. :D :D :D :D

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
The best class to solo the game with is balance.
Okay, first of all. if balance is fighting balance, they can use elemental spells.
Second of all, if balance is fighting elemental people, they can just use balance.
Now, if balance is fighting death, life, of myth, they can use all their spells.
That's why balance is best to solo the game with. :D

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
I think that life definatly is the best school!!!! It has a perfect balance of healing and damage spells. Death is good too, but you'll wish you have that satyr when your almost defeated!!!

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Solo is a bad choice to me. But, if you want to try, Storm with a secondary of Life, in my opinion would be the best choice. Strong attacks, and great healing. Still, solo is not a good choice .

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
Hmm, I don't think there is a particular school to solo the game with...
But, if I were to give a few opinions, I would say either Death School, or Ice School. :) Ice has a lot of health, so you could go longer in a battle. And Death School is pretty cool. It doesn't fizzle quite as much as other schools, and it has good spells that can not only do quite a bit of damage, but can also heal yourself as well. :) I am a level 56 ice wizard, and have gotten pretty far by myself. yeah, I may have called some friends for help here and there, but mos of the time, I could solo some of the harder quests. But, my advice is as good as any other's. :) I think what matters most is how you carry out your strategies during battle. Or maybe the gear you wear. ~Victoria IceThief, level 56 Ice Wizard~