Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
I would say balance cause balance has blades and hexs and can do a lot of every spell. Like they can heal they can use storm, fire, and ice all at the same time. And they have minions too so they would be the best to solo with.

Saffron TrollCatcher
Level 48
Balance school

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
i think storm with a secondary school of death is the best way to solo the game

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
Well I have almost all schools, I would say Death.
The reason is because you can attack and heal at the same time. Along with extra boosts from balance school.
Balance is my second choice because you can battle any school as well you can heal with death being your second school for feint.
See you all in the realms!!!
Paige Darkrider»balance lvl 56
Paige Darkrider» death lvl 50
Paige Firerider» fire lvl 54
Grace Frostpetal» ice lvl 60
Grace Dreamcaster» life lvl 47
Paige Dragonrider» storm lvl 26

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
i'm a fire wizard but i think that your best shot at soloing the game would be myth cause of the minions hope that helped

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.

I agree COMPLETELY!
I started playing this summer as a necromancer and it had a decent amount of health and good death spells.
I think I made good time of my leveling,now I am a Master Necromancer and in dragonspyre.

Death is clearly the school you should start with.

-Kane Redflame
Mater Necromancer
Oni Slayer

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I've had a life wizard for a while, and I definitely think that Life is the best to solo. It makes Mooshu hard, though. Group play is best.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
it depends on your fighting style you like risks and power storm is good, defense and health is ice, mionions you want myth, life is good for healing, or what i would recommend balance and something to fit your style of playing

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I think i answer is death. I soloed just about the whole game except for 1 boss in cl and 1 in ds. But it is much better to have a friend or friends to help out 8)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

It all depends on the skills you have, how you arranged your deck, and the toughness of the world. So, basically none. These are the reasons why:
Storm has weak defense and health
Fire has the second weakest health and can't kill as quickly
Ice has low attacks
Death steals health, but sometimes it might not help
Life has weak attacking as well
Myth has lowest health in spirit school
and Balance takes a while to build up pips.
See what I mean? All schools have a weakness to share.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2008
I would say Ice school. It may do less damage....However, if you set it up correctly you can do great damage! Even if you use no wards, with Ice school having the most life it is very easy to survive a battle! I am a level 60 Ice School person. I have finished the game mostly by myself and only needed friends help a few times! Also in celestia if you get critical on an ice spell it is more powerful than ever! Don't forget Feint! As a secondary school for your person I suggest either Storm, life, or death! Storm for damage, Life for healing, or Death for their shield and Feint! Also death for partial health give back :D

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
i can tell you that storm would not be the best since they have low health im at krokotopia and i think ive had help over 20 times

Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
i am a storm wizard level 51 and i have a few recomendations
1. storm is good solo if you are good with the deck and the damage
2. ice is NOT a good secondary school (no offense ice) but can work solo
3. death does damage and heals at the same time which is good solo but damage isn't the best
4. myth can get you minions and does good damage so it is good solo too

P.S. balance life and ice work best for fighting with friends

-Kevin Stormblade, Grandmaster Diviner (Level 51) and Master of Storm

Survivor
Aug 25, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:

probably myth. It doesnt have any towers, judgement, or too powerful spells. not saying its easy. they still have those annoying minions though. :?

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I would say life/balance because I've made it all the way (soloing) to level 48. But now I'm stuck with a quest.

~Destiny LifeBlossom Level 48 Life/Balance
~Tiffany Walker Level 7 Ice
~Rebecca Swift Level 5 Balance PvP Warlord

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I believe life/myth is the best solo character because while you use healing spells to get more pips you can use buffs from the tree in krokatopia to power up your humongofrog. He really gets the job done quick and easy.
The only way it works though is i was just life until i got to the balance tree and got the mythblade deathblade and lifeblade. Things are a breeze so far considering i rarly need help even on bosses.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
I'm about to hit level 42 in Ice/Life. I rarely have people on at the same time as me so I solo a lot. I have the Ianthine death pet who gives a summon card and also my Ice Minion who can take some damage. It works for me. Sure, I've lost battles but rarely.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
After creating an initial wizard, explore Ravenwood. Talk to the teachers and learn the strengths and disabilities of each school. Also, there's a quest that has you find the books that explain how each school got started. What I know is that:

Myth: -you can cast minions
Death: -draw strength from enemies
-not the most powerful spells, but allows you to build-up powerful
moves.
Storm: -powerful spells
-lower accuracy
Life: -great at healing
-good for teamwork
Ice and Fire are similar, so you may choose one based on preference.
Balance: -moderate in most things
-not many enemies are too suceptable (sorry for the spelling) or
perfectly good at blocking this type

So, you may want to choose a school that agrees with your playing style. Also, remember that you can choose any secondary school you'd like, along with schools beyind that; these are how you may use training points.
I hope this helps! :D

Survivor
May 09, 2009

Even though I am a balance wizard, i think life or death would be the best solo wizards to complete the game with. Although having more wizards in the fight is always much much better then only 1

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:

I say life is a good choice. Because I got a life wizard, Grace Soulbreeze,(not my main wizard) and i do all my quests moslty solo. To me life is better to solo with (better than ice anyway). But this is just me i seen other people say death and thats another good idea too.

Sincerely, Ashley Frostflame
Ice lvl 49

Explorer
Mar 02, 2010
I think life. duh! they can heal no matter how many pips, thbey have high health, and they have a powerful blade. I would recommend using all of your training points on balance until you are lv. 42. also another secondary is death, but use extra training points on spirit blade,etc. and then using the rest on the astral schools. Hope I helped!

[ size=7]Life may be hard and full of risks,but it's worth it.

Survivor
May 14, 2010
My vote is definetly on death. I was able to solo everything, including celestia with my death. Constantly used the stealing spells to keep health up but all in all Death has been the easiest to solo with and i have 3 legendarys and 1 grandmaster at this point in time.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

It is impossible to solo the game! You need more then one person for malistaes place

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
This is all my opinion, but I think that Fire is the best school to solo. I'm lving proof! I had no trouble soloing the game all the way up to pre-update DS. After the update, I glided through that, too. Celestia was rough to start, but mid-Floating Land, it was all gliding again. I even soloed the Trial of Spheres!

To each his own, however... Fire is just the best fit for me. You may find that Ice or Life is your perfect fit, because of high HP, or Storm, for its high damage. There really is no universal 'best class', or else everybody on W101 would be that particular Wizard.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Well, I have played all schools to different levels varying from 40 to Legendary and I have to say the easiest to solo for me was Balance. I agree completely that it varies based on your personal playing style and which spells that you buy with training points.

I started as a Balance wizard by spending 3 training points in each school - just enough to get the double-shield spells each school offers (volcanic shield, thermic shield),... it took 5 points to get the Myth version, and I decided to take Ice to Tower Shield. At low levels those 2 pip spells came in handy to overcome monsters resistances and at moderate levels the shields came in very handy. They allow you to gain pips and they stack with each other. Casting spirit shield and ether shield and legend shield means that Skeletal Pirate does single digit damage.

The only monsters that resist Balance damage can be hit by Spectral Blast and Hydra and don't resist the fire/ice/storm damage the spells give,... but your boosts to Balance damage from equipment still increase these spells output.

The key to solo Balance is in the pip percentages and damage bonuses from your equipment. So far, Balance is the school I find Wizard101 the least challenging with.

Storm hits hard but bruises easy. The low health and high fizzle makes it toughest for me personally.