Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Orbit100 wrote:
Honestly DEATH IS THE WORST ONE TO GO SOLO! so i think storm is the best one to go solo because it is stronger even though it has low health i think it still best one to go solo ty so much if you do my suggestion please do so if you like love ya wizard101

Wizard101 #1 Fan,

Cole Stormspear
did you try death.im death

Survivor
May 23, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

hello i am autumn leaf on wizzy 101 i think ice is the best. heres on thing all the rest of types are too bad. ice is cool cuz if you are bored ice is the best. this is NOT about solos so if you ask plz DONT cuz ice is the best! 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :-) :-) :-) :) :) :) :P :P 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Fire is my favorite cause it does lots of damage, it has damage over time, its accuracy is average andit has cool spells.

Death is good cause it has insane traps and blades and you can heal at the same as you do damage.

Storm is just ausome cause it does major damage. (but horrible accuracy)

Myth is good cause you can get lots of different minions to help you.

Ice is not bad cause it has lots of health .(I dont like it)

Life is alright cause it keep you and your freinds in battles. (but be patient cause it may take longer)

Balenced has lots of blades and traps and is vary useful in many different ways but has weaker attack and deffences. (not including he blades and traps)

I think i missed a school but o well. Im Tyler Battleflame currently level 47 with 2042 health and 27_ mana (I dont know exactly how much) and im working on DS.

sorry for spelling errors and stuff.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009

The balance life combo is good. Death is good because you heal while you attack. I'm almost through with storm right now and it's good because of it's power. I find Pip based spells allow you to compete in many worlds even when you are a lower level. This helps alot for soloing. I find that by the time i get to grandmaster stage i don't even use my secondary school spells. But I have always been a powere pip percentage player to speed battles up.I play most of my stuff solo unless a friend wants to help. I find lots of people hitting me up for help alot though. I think the key is that you have to be able to heal yourself somehow.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
ok, i came out late from Krok so when i was lvl 30 i didnt use minions at all i went solo with low hlth wround 1,750 in mb.

So i finished mb in a day ms in 2 weeks and ds in 2 1/2 weeks so i think myth might be best once you get the the lvl of power and actually have experience in battle and right shield/spell/heals/and attacks.

so typically i still think myth is best i have a myth and storm grand they were asy to lvl up so i recamend myth/storm if your looking to play. i got my myth to grand in 3 months and storm to grand in 3 1/2

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
Defender
Feb 28, 2010
There is no clear cut answer to this as it really depends on what phase of the game you're at.

I have 6 Grands, Storm, Death, Balance, Life, Fire and Ice.

If I had to choose one of those to do the whole game solo, it would be life. Although life is weak in strength, life can sustain itself against attacks by healing over and over.

I solo'd most of the DS bosses with my life wizard, something I would not have readily attempted with the others.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
the best class to solo with is life with some training in ice for tower shield and enough in balance for weakness. -25% damage and 1 point in death for infection -50 to all healing. go with this build and soloing and pvp will be easier.

or if your main school is ice go with life for heals and extra shields
balance for weakness -25% to damage and 1 point in death for infection
these are the 2 best classes to solo with provided you know how to build them

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I pretty much solo dragonspyre(except malistaire) with my grandmaster myth especially since I was part life I was able to heal and my minion helped me a lot :D

Wolf MythBlade-Grandmaster Myth

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
For me the easiest to solo with is death as it heals while hurting.
The only grand i have is storm and i soloed mostly up to the end of MB, but although storm has almost no spells that help team-mates (the only one it does have is for removing negative hexes) like life has healing, death can also heal, balance can boost other people, myth summon minions, ice shields and fire is similar to storm.

But storm does work well in a team, not by shielding, boosting and healing, but by being shielded, boosted and healed while it prepares the huge attack, storm is a valuble member on any team, and is almost essential for difficult fights like the warehouse!

If you want to solo, use death, if you love doing it with friends and want to help them, be life or balance!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
Probably life because they can stay alive with their super duper healing!

Master storm lvl 49 ROCK ON!

Survivor
May 30, 2010
goodt9 wrote:
I DID storm but i ended up with like 20 something Training points.
DONT DO IT i did the expermint and its a LOT HARDER

Well i'm storm and life and well, i could attack, then shield, then heal it works good for me (i'm level 37) and i try to get more health cause storm has the least amont of base points, but then i only have 88 mana. I have my pet that gives me like 45 mana (its ancient) so its actually about 133 mana. and with the training points, i have 12 with no spells. But it really doesn;t matter to me because i could use 3 for another school and with life and storm, you have every single sheild no duplicates like if you did fire and ice, you would have 2 of the same sheild, which makes no sense. but you do have to get a single shield the storm sheild and the life sheild (if you want to have all shields)

Survivor
May 30, 2010
TinkerBlue wrote:
My first wizard was a storm wizard. Although I got her to Mooshu, there were many areas she needed a lot of support.

My current wizard is Life/Death. I find that she does very well for solo. (even did Temple of Storms alone as well as half-way through Marleybone). I use the other school multi-attack treasure cards (frog, meteor, blizzard, sandstorm) to beef up the attack at times but find the Life/Death combination very effective. The Life minion also works very well since she can focus on healing spells so I can focus on attack.

I haven't reached Big Ben yet so don't know if she will manage that alone.

Big ben is hard. i had to do minions the whole way (l;ike the ones you buy in crown shop) btw i'm a level 37 storm life. It seems like it goes on forever

Survivor
May 30, 2010
gswift7 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.

for me, i try to use every spell i have, at least 3 pip spell or higher because you can do more damage without having to shoot at it again, making the accuracy even worse. i am a level 37 storm wizard part life, and that is my best strategy so far. (p.s. if you have extra training points to use, go to the balance tree and get the blades, don't go to another school, becasue you will have lower pip spells that you'll never use, unless you have a LOT of training points, you're better off with going to the balance tree. so if you need higher attack, you can use your lifeblade, stormblade whatever and you can use 2 blades)

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I made it throught the entire game alone by using My Death Wizard. Yes, I played a few of the bosses with people who were also fighting that current boss at the time, but for the most part, I had no problem doing it solo.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Its Ice because we get super high health and shields. WEAKER spells not weak spells.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
I actually would prefer 3 classes to a person and that is Fire, Storm and Life however the Astral Spells are much effeciant in the cast of completing the new world

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.

Really? WOW I wonder what school yur from

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
kitkat23556 wrote:
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.

Really? WOW I wonder what school yur from

look at this way, you heal when you attack which is a lot easier than defeat one opponent, heal, repeat :)

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I would say myth is the best to solo with. If you myth, you can summon minions to help you. Especially if you have minotaur minion. He can make the enemy attack him while you are trying to heal or something.

Truo14
Level 44 Conjurer

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Um... Ya, ice would not be the best school to solo! LOL A lot of health but we have very bad spells, not meaning the spells aren't cool but, I'm just saying they are weak. Nothing against ice because i am a legendary Thaumaturge ( well almost) and I love ice. But the solo school you should pick would be death. Death because life has too many healing spells. Not storm because it has WAY too many fizzles. Not myth because not much health and fizzles half and half. Not fire fizzles too much. Not ice weak spells. Balance actually isn't that bad because it has Judgement! I change my mind! Pick balance it gives goood spells like judgement gives cool pip giving spells, not bad health, and IT HAS JUDGEMENT! lol hoped this helped

Nathan Bluesinger Level 52 Thaumaturge

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Just to throw in my two cents worth, I think the best class to solo with is the one you are best at playing. Every class has its distinct advantages. So far, I have soloed with Ice (to the end in test realm, and have way through Celestia in live), Balance (through Dragonspyre anyway), and I'm almost done with Krok using Myth. Death is popular for soloing simply because it heals as it hurts. You don't need wisps between battles much when you're death. I know people who have soloed with every class so it mostly comes down to personality and ability to capitalize on the particular strengths of your chosen class.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
death, balance, storm... those are probably the best
death has the drains and boosts
balance has spells of every type
by a higher level, storm get accuracy good enough to use any spell
ice is also good
and so is myth
and life
if there is one school that fails at soloing, it is prob fire.... no great accuracy, no great damage, no special spells

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

this is the big problem with death. think about all the bosses in the game... have you noticed that ALMOST ALL OF THEM ARE DEATH? i think this is KI's way of making death not too powerful. still, other than the annoying bosses, death is good.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
First, please never say "pain in the rumplestiltskin" ever again. Second, there isn't a school you can solo the entire game with. In Wizard101 everybody needs help sooner or later; that's why it's an Massive Multi-Player Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) and not a regular single player RPG.