Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

I think myth because if you can summon minions, then you can function as well as if you were in a group. {Except for the pips you use summoning them }

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
sorrow17 wrote:
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

I think myth because if you can summon minions, then you can function as well as if you were in a group. {Except for the pips you use summoning them }

Unfortunately, most minions are counterproductive, especially once you get to the higher levels. They mess up your traps, and their AI isn't all that smart. Watching my minion continually cast fire elf on a fire boss and waste my feints convinced me to pull those cards straight out of my deck long ago. The one minion I will add to my deck is helpful mander (balance school minion). Yeah, he can mess up the occasional trap, but he lays traps, gives blades, gives shields, gives pips, casts weakness and black mantle on enemies more often than he attacks. In shorter battles, I still go for the quick kill, but when I know it's going to be a longer battle anyway, my Balance wizard has no problem bringing his mander into the battle.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
superbutterfly3000 wrote:
tauntaun1 wrote:
best school to solo with is fire death isntand this is what your thinking ya you herd me death isnt best because malistar he's death but he needs help to take over the spiraland hes proply mad i said that heres list of wizards best to last
1.fire
2.storm the teachers a frog tears=water
3.myth cyrus is to mean to the students :x
4.ice the teacher is a fat fairy 8)
5.life to many healing moves
6.death to much rotting dead stuff
7.balance sand wow the only thing that can do is get in your eye
8.9.10.astral sarts at bottom but might go to top
plz post about my post

Well I have to dissagree with you. Death is actully very good. If you combine it with life and balance (I am going to try) you can probably solo some hard quests. Fire about half the time fizzles. Oh and it doesn't matter what the teachers do. Or what they look like, I think death and life along with balance is a very good combo. Myth, Ice, and storm is also a good combo. Look at healing to see how long you can stay alive. Then look at attack to see how long the fight will last. So do not judge a book by its cover or in other words, don't judge a wizard and his/her spells. Oh and by the way, I personly agree with Cyrus treating is student's bad, and Malastair is bad, but I love death spells!

Scarlet Wyrmblossom
Level 22 Necromancer (Death Wizard

Actually, in my opinion, life as a secondary school is a complete waste for a Necromancer. Necromancers heal quite well by stealing life from their enemies. By the end of the game, you have four spells that steal life: Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, and Scarecrow. The key is to properly boost your attacks. Also, if a Necromancer uses life as a secondary school, they're leaving themselves open to attacks from all of the elemental schools, and those schools do the most damage. For a necromancer, the best secondary school is probably ice believe it or not. At least, ice up to the tower shield spell. After that, feel free to switch to a new secondary school. This way, you get death's shields that offer 70% protection from myth and life, the 80% death shield, Ice's 70% shields against storm and fire (who do the most damage in the game), and the 50% tower shield that protects against everything (including balance). So, a Necromancer with ice as a secondary school has some protection against every attack in the game, does medium base damage, has incredibly powerful attack boosts, has a fair amount of health, and saves a bunch of pips by healing and attacking at the same time. Make sure to pack your prisms for when you face death enemies (I highly recommend investing in treasure card prisms to wizards of all schools and keeping some of those in your deck for emergencies), and you're set for the entire game.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
I think myth is the best because you can summon minions to aid you in battle and you can do towers with minions.

But if you have to pick 2 classes i would do a myth/life as I do. That way you can heal yourself while your minion can attacks your opponent.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
I've been rocking Myth/Ice so far. Im about to be level 16, and grab Tower Shield, then im switching over to life for the heals. Was thinking of maybe going with Death instead. Any ideas? Would death be better than life to pick up as a third school?

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
I am not sure but personaly i like fire and all the schools are equal.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
I'm a Death/Storm wizard. I try to have help with all of my quests just because it's fun to give orders But I do solo well too. I like Death because it's spells are least likely to fizzle, Storm packs a punch. If you go solo it would be best to have spells that complement each other.
That was getting off subject I think that all the schools have the ability to go solo if you do it right. I have four different wizards; Death, Balance, Fire, and Life. Each one has it's good things....and bad things So there really isn't any answer to this topic, just personal preference.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
well,on my death wizard i soloed 90% of the game and my storm wizard has soloed evrything so far except the agony wraith,my storm wizard secondary build is going to be life to satyr and ice to tower shield and death to feint so i have defence and healing and attack and i have plus 6 accuracy which makes 76% accuracy and with lightning strike it goes up to 86% accuracy.plus the minion constantly shields and taunts taking the damage for me once he survived 2 krakens,1 sunbird and 1 snow serpant so storm is a great solo class.

coyleghosthammer level 48 (finished)
taylorgoldenshield level 26 (working on knights court)
ericcrowhunter level 19,retired(deleted)
patrickwindbreaker level 5 (working on triton avenue)

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
stanklepoot wrote:
superbutterfly3000 wrote:
tauntaun1 wrote:
best school to solo with is fire death isntand this is what your thinking ya you herd me death isnt best because malistar he's death but he needs help to take over the spiraland hes proply mad i said that heres list of wizards best to last
1.fire
2.storm the teachers a frog tears=water
3.myth cyrus is to mean to the students :x
4.ice the teacher is a fat fairy 8)
5.life to many healing moves
6.death to much rotting dead stuff
7.balance sand wow the only thing that can do is get in your eye
8.9.10.astral sarts at bottom but might go to top
plz post about my post

Well I have to dissagree with you. Death is actully very good. If you combine it with life and balance (I am going to try) you can probably solo some hard quests. Fire about half the time fizzles. Oh and it doesn't matter what the teachers do. Or what they look like, I think death and life along with balance is a very good combo. Myth, Ice, and storm is also a good combo. Look at healing to see how long you can stay alive. Then look at attack to see how long the fight will last. So do not judge a book by its cover or in other words, don't judge a wizard and his/her spells. Oh and by the way, I personly agree with Cyrus treating is student's bad, and Malastair is bad, but I love death spells!

Scarlet Wyrmblossom
Level 22 Necromancer (Death Wizard

Actually, in my opinion, life as a secondary school is a complete waste for a Necromancer. Necromancers heal quite well by stealing life from their enemies. By the end of the game, you have four spells that steal life: Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith, and Scarecrow. The key is to properly boost your attacks. Also, if a Necromancer uses life as a secondary school, they're leaving themselves open to attacks from all of the elemental schools, and those schools do the most damage. For a necromancer, the best secondary school is probably ice believe it or not. At least, ice up to the tower shield spell. After that, feel free to switch to a new secondary school. This way, you get death's shields that offer 70% protection from myth and life, the 80% death shield, Ice's 70% shields against storm and fire (who do the most damage in the game), and the 50% tower shield that protects against everything (including balance). So, a Necromancer with ice as a secondary school has some protection against every attack in the game, does medium base damage, has incredibly powerful attack boosts, has a fair amount of health, and saves a bunch of pips by healing and attacking at the same time. Make sure to pack your prisms for when you face death enemies (I highly recommend investing in treasure card prisms to wizards of all schools and keeping some of those in your deck for emergencies), and you're set for the entire game.
ok just to make you to happy ill move death to number 2 but astral might be better

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:

I think that Life is the easiest to solo with. I barely ever asked for help and i would usually win with a good amount of health. I've based this on all the work i've put into the game and i believe i would know.
Lvl 50 Life
Lvl 50 Death
Lvl 50 Storm

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
I've sampled every school as a primary and they are all good in their own way. However, I must say that Ice is the best I have seen it allows you to take a hit and keep on going, I admit you do not have the option of multiple healing spells like you would find in life or death, and you do not have fast kill like with fire or storm or tons of amp like with balance but you do last and last if you know what you are doing combo that with a pure offense school like fire or storm and you are golden. I suppose this would be the place to also post my theory I play Magic the Gathering also and if you look on the back of a magic card it shows you which colors combo best with each other I have noted a similar situation with Wiz schools you will find that Fire and Storm are on either side of Ice and combo best with it same with life and death.

Just an observation

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
underdog86 wrote:
I have tried every school so far and the best one in my opion is definately balance. I have soloed all the way to marleybone and still kicking butts and taking names. There are those monsters that are somewhat harder to kill but that happens in every class, but there is a very handy spell called Judgement that takes care of that has 85% chance to hit and does 100 damage for every pip that you have. All you have to do is get the right deck put a couple power boosters in there a couple healing spells and max copies of judgement along with some other damage spells for back-up and your pretty much set just sit back and let your pips build up and there you go.

I have to disagree i think balance is a good school but it would be othing without judgement, i mean look death could do without animate, life could do without dryad, storm could do without tempest, fire could do without heck hound, ice could do without ice armor, i mean take away these and all these schools still do magnifisent damage but without judgement balance would be the weakest school out there. (i love balance just making a point i have a grandmaster balance) Judment really got tiring cause thats all i used i mean hydra was ok but not capable of doing massive damage. the spectral blast is a good spell, it can do high damage but it can't do anything compaired to triton or bolt. Don't get me wrong balance is unique and has pretty high health, and expectations. Just i think storm is the best to solo with cause after you get to about lvl 40 your clothes give you more health and accuracy boosts, if storm doesn't fiz it does the most damage of all the schools, but they have to kill fast because of their low health, balance has one trap and 2 blades,(not much extra power judge can't hit any higher than 6,000-7,000 without the help of the other schools like death. Just something to think about 'Life grandmaster-Balance grandmaster-Master storm!' Hope to see you in the game(:

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
As a master of balance I didn't seem to have much trouble with this game I got a wide range of spells and my second school was life and a third was myth and I didn't struggle at all during the game.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
death

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
I think the best way to solo is probably Life and Storm.
The reason why is because life heals so you can survive most battles. And 2 cause storm is strongest so you can beat enemies pretty easy.
If i had to choose another 2 schools i would choose Death and Myth.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
Well its kind of hard to see which school can go solo on every world (except wizard city) thats the only world i can beat as fire. :D GO FIRE :D

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
My character is storm/life. I've done Krokotopia solo and only did things with more than myself when i replayed the area. Krokohamen is a good mob to get drops. Storm has a minion spell (though I forget which level) which will first shield itself (forget the spell name) and then use taunt which hits all monsters so you can just kill at your leisure.

So theres my two cents
XP 29 storm/life Tristan Darkblood

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
i am on lvl 50 and i do not know how to get to malistairs lair

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I have two characters, one - fire/life and one - ice/death. I've had to team up quite a bit on my fire account, but with ice i've mostly gone solo. Ice has a big health advantage, and death has a couple pretty good healing spells.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I'm a level 32 life/storm wizard and ive gone solo for the majority of the game. The healing spells and high health with moderate attacks work welll if you use a bunch of blades and traps (ive gotten my seraph to do 900 damage) and the storm attacks are good for a huge amount of damage to use on the bosses. :-) this is definitely a good combo for a wizard and it has gotten me all the way up to big ben. I even managed to solo the iron works. I'm not saying that i don't sometimes receive help from some of my other friends when i do quests but more often then not i'm solo.

Emily Drake
Lvl. 32 1/8 ( )
Life/Storm

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Honestly DEATH IS THE WORST ONE TO GO SOLO! so i think storm is the best one to go solo because it is stronger even though it has low health i think it still best one to go solo ty so much if you do my suggestion please do so if you like love ya wizard101

Wizard101 #1 Fan,

Cole Stormspear

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
gswift7 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.
wow who are you me that is exactly what i did except my life wizard is in dragonspyre and my storm is in marleybone i guess i did that first lol

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
As for me, Death was by far the easist to solo with. Storm was the most difficult.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 50 Ice
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010

Death is possibly better than myth because it has a variety of minions with tower shield, plague, weakness and it's the only minion which has a 4 pip attack spell(correct me if I'm wrong). Plus life steal from enemies and minion.

All schools have potential to solo most of the game but storm is my favourite because unless you get unlucky with power pips you can finish normal enemies with almost no damage. It even gets the storm version of the minatour minion 20 levels earlier at lv18.