Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question For An Administrator

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 19, 2009
As the title says, i have a question for an administrator. Have you ever noticed in game that if you go up against a life boss(Jade Oni for example), that the life boss will use death shields every now and then. But if you take a death boss(Oyotomi the Defiler), they hardly EVER use life shields. I have yet to see Oyotomi use a life shield since i farm him every now and then to sell his equipment. Could you please even this problem out so that the death bosses are at least properly using shields. I think it is a bit unfair for me as a death wizard facing a life boss that they use death shields, but when i face a death boss they don't use life shields. :-)

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
0stormbreak0 wrote:
As the title says, i have a question for an administrator. Have you ever noticed in game that if you go up against a life boss(Jade Oni for example), that the life boss will use death shields every now and then. But if you take a death boss(Oyotomi the Defiler), they hardly EVER use life shields. I have yet to see Oyotomi use a life shield since i farm him every now and then to sell his equipment. Could you please even this problem out so that the death bosses are at least properly using shields. I think it is a bit unfair for me as a death wizard facing a life boss that they use death shields, but when i face a death boss they don't use life shields. :-)

Since your primary is a death student, that means the Life Oni will be protecting itself from your PRIMARY school more often. Which means, since you're his kriptonite so to speak, he'll be using his death shield more often.

In the same light, unless a Death boss is fighting a Life wizard? They aren't going to use a life shield as much. Since most wizards will use their PRIMARY school to fight them with over using a secondary school spell that happens to be life. They defend on the basis of the PRIMARY threat, so they use the appropriate shields.

Your primary is death...So he's defending against that instead. Now throw in a life student and he'll be popping up a Life shield nearly every other turn. Especially if that Life student is in the first two battle slots. It would be a 'waste' for a Death boss to throw on a life shield against a Death wizard. Not when he can use that round to actually throw up a shield against your primary school that would be more productive. LOL!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
To your post this is the advantage for life people because of there low attack number, with death shields use poison.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
0stormbreak0 wrote:

Well, if they do this then Life school should be given a DOT(Damage Over Time) spell, like you have for Death...which is your Poison spell!

I think that they had thought this out enough to know and realize that Death doesn't use Life shields and the reason is that Life doesn't have a DOT.

Really I think every school should have a DOT, even if it only effects one enemy. These help so when the enemy shields you can use that spell(like Poison) to break a shield and then keeps the enemy from shielding for a few rounds following that initial break!

No, I know you wanted an administrator, which I am not, but I would be very mad if they suddenly made it so that Life would have an even harder time killing enemies because they are not at all equipped for that much combat work!

Out of 8 wizards I have a Grand in almost every school and two of those are Death as well as Life and I have no complaint on the way it's run as it is.
Don't complain about Death not having a Life shield they put up, as it is enough trouble when Balance uses Spirit Shields, for Life Wizards to try to get through that. Sure, one can use a wand to break these shields, but you, as Death, have a spell that keeps that shield away for 3 three rounds...Life has nothing for that!