Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boost Percentage to Incoming Health

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I have a Death wizard and I equipped two items (a ring and an athame) that gave a percentage boost to any incoming health. Yet whenever I use any of Death's life steal spells, I never get any boosts to the heal part.

KI: Is this a correct or a bug?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Um ok i can answer this easaly.
The boost for healing on Incoming heals will only work if your healed from a healing spell cast on you or by yourself say a fairy, satyr, or sacrifice.
This does NOT apply to steal spells that death gets because its a STEAL spell not healing steals have a broken heart icon while healing have a full heart.
I hope this anwsers your post so untill later wizards Ciao :D!

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
The reason why is because the equipment only boosts HEALING cards only. And since that is the case, death isn't included since it is set to a certain amount and is already an attack.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
arc1 wrote:
This does NOT apply to steal spells that death gets because its a STEAL spell not healing steals have a broken heart icon while healing have a full heart.

The Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith and Scarecrow all have a full heart symbol after the words "convert half to" which means Healing.

I'm going to test an outgoing heal boosted ring to see if my using Sacrifice will boost the healing I do to another player (and myself). If Sacrifice gets boosted, then KI needs to fix it so that the aforementioned cards boost the healing to me.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
OK. I just tested Sacrifice wearing a ring that has 14% outgoing (life symbol, full heart symbol) and instead of healing 700 points, I healed 798 points, which is exactly 14% more than I would.

KI: please fix the incoming boost to include the healing from Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith and Scarecrow.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Allright Preacher7719 listen up for the second time this only applies to HEALING spells not STEAL spells. Yes steals are healing but they do not count to ghoul, wraith, and vampire because they convert half to you meaning that it is a spell that will ONLY give you half of what you deal in damage. I know this because i dont think KI would make it so death wizards could get a added on bonus to their heal, think about this for a second the best add-ons would make it so death people could steal 86% of health, now i really dont think thats fair because i've seen wizards do 4000+ with wraith thats 3600+ health back to wizard, completely unfair.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
arc1 wrote:
Allright Preacher7719 listen up for the second time this only applies to HEALING spells not STEAL spells.

I heard the both of you the first time. I even replied about your comment on the broken heart / full heart statement.

arc1 wrote:
I know this because i dont think KI would make it so death wizards could get a added on bonus to their heal,

Since you don't work for KI, you are making an assumption.

arc1 wrote:
now i really dont think thats fair because i've seen wizards do 4000+ with wraith thats 3600+ health back to wizard, completely unfair.

Another assumption. And believe me, there a alot of things in this game that isn't fair.

Who I want to hear from is the all ellusive KI employees to tell me one way or another.

Administrator
Sorry for the delay young Wizards, I had to confer with our lead designers about this.

Incoming Heal boosts do NOT apply to Steal Health spells.

Incoming Heal boosts only apply to direct healing spells and not to drain spells. This is the intended design.

Hope that answers the original questions about this!
~Professor Greyrose

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Thank you.

At least now I know that I can get rid of those rings.