Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 PvP is simply not fair for me

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Can you believe this?

Ok... no really i started an account and have played for a while now.
I came across this thing called PvP so i tried it out.
Things are just not right in there, ok so the game supplies you a deck of
cards to act as spells to cast and then you get a treasure deck to fill up too,
no its like right there in the game and people use it to, get this... WIN MATCHES!!! this is totally not fair I think we should just get rid of all the other wizards decks all together because balance wizards and other schools as well actually use these "cards" to cast spells against me. They are trying to beat me and I mean I have a deck too and it is full of spells with shields and stuff but I think they should all have to sit there and let me kill them. I mean come on, they fight back, that is just not right.

I think we should ban all the cards except the ones I get to use cause then I could win and be the best and never lose.

Come on KI what are you thinking :?

Need a cheese thread for all this whine
this game aside from the occasional glitch is totally fair
if you are not prepared for something it will beat you
if you lose, learn from it, don't complain over something that catches you off guard there are a relatively small selection of spells.

The game isn't meant to be easy its suppose to take time, its a game that requires a subscription, figure it out. Want something over night? send yourself an apology letter. Want a Grand Master with full pvp gear? Play more.

Calamity
Level 50 Death
Pvp Rank 1236

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Aegypti wrote:
Can you believe this?

no its like right there in the game and people use it to, get this... WIN MATCHES!!! this is totally not fair I think we should just get rid of all the other wizards decks all together because balance wizards and other schools as well actually use these "cards" to cast spells against me. They are trying to beat me and I mean I have a deck too and it is full of spells with shields and stuff but I think they should all have to sit there and let me kill them. I mean come on, they fight back, that is just not right.

I think we should ban all the cards except the ones I get to use cause then I could win and be the best and never lose.

if you lose, learn from it, don't complain over something that catches you off guard there are a relatively small selection of spells.

The game isn't meant to be easy its suppose to take time, its a game that requires a subscription, figure it out. Want something over night? send yourself an apology letter. Want a Grand Master with full pvp gear? Play more.

Calamity
Level 50 Death
Pvp Rank 1236

KI is thinking that this is maybe the worst comment i have ever seen! What are you trying to say?! in the sentence "I think we should ban all the cards except the ones I get to use cause then I could win and be the best and never lose." there is a name for that... selfish. I mean do you really think KI is gonna make evryone be novices forever and make YOU the only grandmaster? I am suprised a moderator actually let you post something this unreasonable up! i am sorry but can a moderator read this over cause this is a disgrace of a post.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Aegypti wrote:
Can you believe this?

Calamity
Level 50 Death
Pvp Rank 1236

Lol. People can learn from you! Lol, i'm still cracking up Your totally right! Really she is not a complainer! Unlike all these other people that complain about wild bolt, and tower shield, balance, fizzles, stunning, blah, blah blah blah blah blah, watermelon, abcdefG!(but i hate to say it......I AM ONE OF THOSE COMPLAINERS.....BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :-o!)

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
"I think we should ban all the cards except the ones I get to use cause then I could win and be the best and never lose." Hilarious. Really. Like that'll ever happen, you're a Grandmaster and I don't really know what your complaining about. So, it's not fair becaus the game supplies you with cards, you arrange your deck, and you choose bad cards to go in your deck.

"Need a cheese thread for all this whine" Yeah, no comment about that one.

Seriously, is KingsIsle really going to do this? Here's what you should do: " Want something over night? send yourself an apology letter." Ok then.

Defender
May 30, 2009

KI is thinking that this is maybe the worst comment i have ever seen! What are you trying to say?! in the sentence "I think we should ban all the cards except the ones I get to use cause then I could win and be the best and never lose." there is a name for that... selfish. I mean do you really think KI is gonna make evryone be novices forever and make YOU the only grandmaster? I am suprised a moderator actually let you post something this unreasonable up! i am sorry but can a moderator read this over cause this is a disgrace of a post.

Um.....in case you missed it....it's called sarcasm! All the complaining and griping on here is terrible. What the original poster was trying to say was it's crazy what some people complain about on here. "I want to win and I don't want anyone to hit/attack me." "I want to be able to use any card I want as long as my opponant can't use the same card to kill me." "I think I should be able to hit a button and POOF I'm a Grandmaster without doing any of the work to earn it." Man....where has some people's sense of humor gone??? This cracked me up when I read it. Nicely said Aegypti!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Aug 18, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:

I believe that Aegypti was using something called "sarcasm".

I can't be sure as it is so seldom used these days, and his use of it is so very subtle it could be easily missed.

I have attempted to use the thing called "sarcasm" in this response, so if you will carefully read this post and compare it to his you may be able spot his "sarcasm".
------------
And a bump for Aegypti, I agree with you.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
To Calimity:

What were you thinking trying to convey sarcasm with using emoticons it's so easy :( :x

Ok may be it's not easy but nice post none the less

Djark

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
You win the Awesome Post of the Day Award*!

*No such award actually exists, but if it did Aegypti would totally win it.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:

Honestly, did you read the WHOLE post the OP made? Because if you're taking seriously what the OP was saying, then you weren't reading the whole post. The last two paragraphs clearly show that the OP isn't serious at all, but is making fun of those who continously complain about 'how unfair' PVP is...

Hey, I realize that some people aren't into reading long posts...But it's situations such as this that it really helps to COMPLETELY read a post to see where the OP is coming from, rather then jumping to conclusions by only reading the first few sentences.

Anyways, good post Calamity.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
uberfemme wrote:
You win the Awesome Post of the Day Award*!

*No such award actually exists, but if it did Aegypti would totally win it.

I'm glad some of you have appreciation, =)

ps ranked 1700+ now
no sarcasm included

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
my only complaint is that the pvp does not configure matches based on lvl i mean seriously why should a lvl 25 fight a lvl 30-34 how is that fair

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Sariana1337 wrote:
my only complaint is that the pvp does not configure matches based on lvl i mean seriously why should a lvl 25 fight a lvl 30-34 how is that fair

It does to an extent. the flaw in the logic is it is set up with the idea people want to achieve a high rank.

Its the not the system that is in error, People have found a way to gain advantage in the game. Its funny to watch it progress actually because this is just a small evolutionary step in the game. Path of least resistance, in this case; wizards gain advantage in order to get PvP gear easier.

Life is lazy just as the people who live it my friend. I'm sorry that is an inconvenience, and I have empathy. You can't beat it so might as well join it, cause it works and when your gear is maxed out and your fighting wizards who gear is maxed out, this is the only time you will get a true, fair pairing.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
Are you serious? so you could win? and they just stand there? yea like thats gonna happen if you dont like people using cards against you GO PLAY THE STORY AND FIGHT MONSTERS WITH YOUR OPPONENTS and another thing does it really matter if your rank goes down or not its a game man if you dont wanna listen to me... GET A LIFE

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
sparks123454 wrote:
Are you serious? so you could win? and they just stand there? yea like thats gonna happen if you dont like people using cards against you GO PLAY THE STORY AND FIGHT MONSTERS WITH YOUR OPPONENTS and another thing does it really matter if your rank goes down or not its a game man if you dont wanna listen to me... GET A LIFE
I kinda said the same thing in the first message. shes being sarcastic.

(also to all people who are gonna post a message saying me or sparks are not smart or something like that, this thread was REALLY old, apperntly someone commented on it. So back off its hard to tell sacrasim when you arent talking. :x )

( P.S i cant spell sarcasim.)

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I too think PvP is hard but I usually don't care. Get this, a Magus beat me and I'm a level 49, can you believe it!?!? But seriously, you should either 1: get over it, or 2: quit playing PvP.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
Aegypti wrote:
Can you believe this?

Calamity
Level 50 Death
Pvp Rank 1236

Ok????

Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
Hey Calamity lvl 50 Death do you mind telling me your last name in the game i MIGHT know you

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Aegypti wrote:
Can you believe this?

Calamity
Level 50 Death
Pvp Rank 1236

Really? Your comment doesn't make any sense at all! Some of the things you said were ridiculous. Srsly I agree with whoever said Why did a moderator even approve this? Like, Send your self an apoligy letter? What the heck does that mean? Really your pvp rank is 1236! STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,Nathan Bluesinger level 60 legendary thaumaturge

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
For anyone that took the first half of the first post seriously. He was being sarcastic. at first i thought WHO IS THIS GUY?!?!?! then i read the last half and understood what he was trying to say. he just wants people to stop complianing to get a easy win. And for anyone who does not know sarcasm means remarks that mean the opposite of what they seem to say and are intended to mock or deride

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Wow, this thread is almost a year old now. And people still can't figure out what "sarcasim" (I can't spell it either :P) is. Except, unfortunately, this game shows that complainers do win.

"Wild Bolt is broken!!" = now an almost useless card.

"O no dispels!"... my suggestion, use them!

"Treasure NOOB!"... um, you do have a side deck for a reason.

"earthquake shouldn't remove stun blocks"... aren't stun blocks considered wards? isn't that the whole point of earthquake?

"ugh, i just got owned by a mesdusa and a critical orthrus"... there are auras that do prevent that ya know. something called 'conviction'. o wait, it prevents both.

"o no, i just lost rank" ey, look on the bright side, you just gained 4 tickets.

"you need to take critical out of the game!" honestly, it's an exciting change that spices up the game. now the critical is the new version of the wild bolt. max critical chance is about 50%, which is a wild bolt with sniper on it + 20% added accuracy from gear.... just critical does a bit more damage.

look, basically, if you don't like pvp, then play the game pve style. playing pvp doesn't effect the rest of the game at all.

people are complaining that celestia is too hard... um, i got to 60 in like 3 days or something. really? that hard? just because it might be difficult to do some things solo, doesn't mean they need to change it.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
it has come to my concern that i've been winning about eighth matches in a row but i keep on receiving about 5 to 1 points for those wins. This really upsets me because sometimes i lose to some high level privates and they take all my points in one match. BTW i'm a lvl 35 magus and i dont think its fair for me to face lvl 45 or 43 storm, balance, and fire in pvp. I mean they get powerpips all the time and its almost like fighting minions in celestia. Thank you, i hope wizard101 fixes this huge problem. :(

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Lol! I lov this thread! Its so funny, and ppl Calamity (4got ur username) is being sarcastic, I would kno this first of all by reading the whole post! Second, the ppl telling u straight out, she is being sarcastic! At first I didn't hav a clue wat she was tlkin about but wen I read the end I was laughing so hard my sis asked me wat was funny!

Amber Stormsong magus diviner