Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Major Life Fizzle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
Okay, I'm a Life level 46 wizard who has hardly ever fizzled, but now it seems to me that spells like Dryad, Centaur, Satyr, and all my other Life spells are fizzling way more than usual. Has anyone else noticed this? My friend who's a Fire wizard fizzles less than I do.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
the thing you have to remember, is the accuracy % is a per cast chance. Not an average. so if you cast a spell with 85% 100 times, there is a chance it will fizzle 100 times. You have just had some bad luck. I have seen the same thing with my death wizard. Some times I can go for days without fizzling.. others, one after another. I had to flee once because every single attack spell (besides wand) fizzled. I had no attacks left!

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
This has been talked about before and they don't seem to care. They should rename this game to FIZZLE 101. I have fizzled 3 and 4 times in a row before. Thats just plain RIDICULOUS!! The enemies never fizzle that much. Many people have this problem. And for some strange reason Storm is the worst for doing it. I made a post before about them reducing the fizzles since they came up with new ways for the game to cost more to play. But no. We are in a recession people. Don't you get it? UGH!!!!

But the fizzling IS way out of hand.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
i have to say that the fizzle rates are just way to high
getting 3 or 4 fizzles a fight for every fight is reducles
and even if you figure that each time it is a .10 percent chance to fizzle then
over time it should come close to its school accrecy
i must have the worst luck seems i get all the fizzles and my oponet never fizzles.
and have you notice that sometimes the first person i a group fizzle
then game pause a second then everyone eles on your side fizzles
wounder what the odds of all 4 team members fizzle in same round
had this happen severl times

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
This has been talked about before and they don't seem to care. They should rename this game to FIZZLE 101. I have fizzled 3 and 4 times in a row before. Thats just plain RIDICULOUS!! The enemies never fizzle that much. Many people have this problem. And for some strange reason Storm is the worst for doing it. I made a post before about them reducing the fizzles since they came up with new ways for the game to cost more to play. But no. We are in a recession people. Don't you get it? UGH!!!!

But the fizzling IS way out of hand.

Storm fizzles more because they have high attack power, so they balance it out with higher fizzle rate. Ask my brother he is storm. :-)

Tatiana Dreampetal level 30 firegoddess

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I was thinking about this a lot today and didn't get anywhere since I am not very good at higher math.

90% = 1 in 10 chance that your spell will fizzle.
70% = 3 in 10 chance that your spell will fizzle.

It was said earlier though that it can fizzle all 10 times or none. Over 1000s of castings though the chances are that the spells will fizzle the amount of times listed. It all just depends on luck.

forgot where I was going with this. Hope you find it useful.

Don't know why the monsters seem to have a lower fizzle rate. Maybe they are programmed that way to keep up the difficulty. Maybe it is do to the failure of the observer to observe over time the true number of fizzles compared to casts in a numerical format.