Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvS (Storm)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
PvP. Half of the wizards in the game cheer while the other Boo when they hear that name, The cause? Not unmatched lvls, Not major buffing from balance wizards, but wild bolt
I am a lvl 36 promancer who loves to PvP, the other day i went up to a lvl 30 ish storm wizard who would normally be an easy kill... normally.

The first turn was fine... i buffed then he did

Then the terror started, he used wild bolt and I took around 1200 damage!
This is why you manly only see Storm wizards with high PvP ranks

Personally i wouldent mind losing PvP but it only took about 4 turns to kill me completlly!

I very much wish that Wild Bolt is banned from PvP so that people like me who love to Play vs Humans will manage to pass the private ranking please consider my (not very new) idea, KI. :(

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
you kidding my right? You answered your own statement. Instead of buffing you should have shielded? If no shield was available then you might want to consider tower shields in your gold card section. Plan ahead for those types of situation. You knew it was coming but you did nothing to stop it. The best offense is a good defense. My congradulations to the storm player who planned an effective game strategy.

Defender
May 29, 2009

Wild bolt can be annoying, but as a fire wizard, you have glacial shield (ice/storm). You should have cast one of those. It's not like you were level 5 with only 600 health and got one hit killed by a wild bolt. It took at least 2 wild bolts to kill you which means you had time to put up a shield or two.

You can't expect a storm wizard not to use one of the spells they've trained. (Now when life wizards start bolting you, be prepared for a long match). PVP isn't like playing against the computer where you can be pretty successful by just buffing up and hitting and not really worry about defense.

And BTW, you don't mainly see storm wizards with high pvp ranks. When you get to the higher ranks, you'll see all schools there. It's the dueler, not the school. Good luck and enjoy!

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
if wild bolt was banned from pvp,i would cancel my subscription,and through my computer out the window im a lvl 50 diviner,and thanks to this spell im a commander in pvp.

its not cheating.every where i turn there is a complaint about us diviners!
heres what i have to say about it:

GET OVER IT!!LIFE,MIRACOUSLY ENOUGH,GOES ON!!!!!!!!!!!

i appriciate u taking the time to post,but i do not apriceiate your complaint :x
like i said before complainers, IT IS NOT CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is using your cards and stratigies TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILLITIES.

Jared stormblade lvl50 Grandmaster diviner 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
If you dislike geting hit with wild bolt so much then why dont you just make a storm wizard and get one yourself.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Popman98 wrote:
if wild bolt was banned from pvp,i would cancel my subscription,and through my computer out the window im a lvl 50 diviner,and thanks to this spell im a commander in pvp.

i appriciate u taking the time to post,but i do not apriceiate your complaint :x
like i said before complainers, IT IS NOT CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is using your cards and stratigies TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILLITIES.

Ya know, normally, I would rant about someone who yelled this much about Pvp, but this time, he is right.

Wild Bolt isn't cheating, it hits 10 percent of the time people! Unless you have a crazy accuracy boost from equippment, and two more accuaracy spells, most likely, you won't hit!

It is a gift when it does! Us Diviners pray every time we cast this spell that will work! We worked our way through all of Marleybone's annoying dungeons, and all three parts of Big Ben to get this spell! I mean come on! You are going to tell us that working hard to get a spell is cheating?!? YOU MUST BE CRAZY! Wild Bolt is one of a Diviner's most prized spells, next to Storm Lord and maybe Tempest!

Ya know, everyone complains that " Diviners are too powerful! "! But what about Ice having too much health! Seriously!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Popman98 wrote:

Thanks, you just proved that wild bolt is the only way people are getting rank and can't do it any other way LoL~

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
It's not the only way. I play a storm wizard and you don't need wild bolt to do ok. I think the overall system needs some tweaking though. As it stands the game isn't balanced well for 1 vs. 1 pvp. Balance wizards with any capability to think logically should almost always win if they go first.

As a storm you depend on luck more than skill (if you call this "complicated" game requiring skill...).

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
WizardWarrior1193 wrote:
you kidding my right? You answered your own statement. Instead of buffing you should have shielded? If no shield was available then you might want to consider tower shields in your gold card section. Plan ahead for those types of situation. You knew it was coming but you did nothing to stop it. The best offense is a good defense. My congradulations to the storm player who planned an effective game strategy.

i agree. i carry towers and -85% storms into every round. there's a nice little pendent that gives you 3 -85% storm shields. i suggest you all get it.