Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Reset?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
Ive seen no mention of PvP in regard to resetting ranks or putting out a new Top 100 Rankings. Is this still in the works? Is there an established timeline? Has PvP been shunted off to the side and now we're left to our own devices?

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
He was refering to this post https://www.wizard101.com/game/pvp/2009

the ranking started and than ended due to bugs and exploits. I understand the exploits have been taken care of i think, so hopefully this will continue again.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Thanks Caprnicus. I can stop looking for it now. I was wondering if the "New Rankings Coming Soon!" meant in a few hours or days.

I'd really like to see a list of top ranked. I found it pretty easy to hit Warlord and I'm looking for new heights to aspire to.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Ironicly after this post, I was browsing ranked matches and I found players with -1 rating. For those who dont know, this is the exploit that ruined the ranking system. Players with -1 ranking were able to match up against much lower lvl players for easy wins. This led to players having pvp ratings up as much as 4000+. So this exploit is not fixed and it may be awhile longer.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
In the test realm my rank went back to 500, so I assume hopefully it will carry over to the live realm for the ones under 500. Over 500 hopefully will stay the same of whatever rank people have otherwise then those people will complain about the ranks going down after wasting time earning them.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Rydogg wrote:
Ive seen no mention of PvP in regard to resetting ranks or putting out a new Top 100 Rankings. Is this still in the works? Is there an established timeline? Has PvP been shunted off to the side and now we're left to our own devices?
no my friend log onto the test realm and you will see there is a new one on its way soon very soon

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Hello Caprnicus, thank you for providing accurate information but I do have to address one point. As you stated you witnessed players with a -1 ranking, this is true because I have also see this with some of my own characters. Just to let you know, this "exploit" as you say was not due to my doing. It was done on KI's side. So I would advise all who read this not to start accusing players of cheating or exploiting the PVP system. I still do not have a clear reason why some players show a ranking of -1 but KI will figure it out. I thought it might be that both of my characters at the time where over lords with scores above 1200. In addition, anyone know why we are being reset? I understand from the test realm "Diago", that a new chapter is upon us. What does that mean? Is it a new system, new ranks? Whats so new about it?

Caprnicus wrote:
Ironicly after this post, I was browsing ranked matches and I found players with -1 rating. For those who dont know, this is the exploit that ruined the ranking system. Players with -1 ranking were able to match up against much lower lvl players for easy wins. This led to players having pvp ratings up as much as 4000+. So this exploit is not fixed and it may be awhile longer.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
KI are liars, in test realm we went back to 500 and then on live realm I have the same crappy rank under 500. Why didn't you add it with the new housing?

Also are you going to add it soon? Please answer staff or member who ever reads this.

Regards,

Maryanne20

Administrator
No one's Player vs Player ranking was reset in the Live Realm, this was a test of something in the Test Realm - that's why we test things there. Nothing you see on the Test Realm is promised to appear in the Live Realm.

When you downloaded the Test Realm, you agreed that you had read and understood the instructions and conditions associated with the Test Realm, including the fact that nothing you see or do on the Test Realm will affect your Live Realm characters. That applies to your equipment, your Crowns, and yes, your Player vs Player rank.

The Player vs Player rank that you have, you have earned, be that a high rank or a low rank. If you're interested in raising your rank, you'll need to participate in more Player vs Player Ranked matches and win. It really won't take you long before you're up over 500.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Alright, Thanks for clearing that up! I'm sorry because I got mixed up when Diego started with it is a new season to rise in the ranks. Also because before I did the test realm, I assumed in the test realm the rank would be the same as on live so I was shocked that I went from under 400 to 500 in the test realm.

On other test realms, he never said that. It was probably because of the new block PVP opponent chat.