Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

*-How is the school of Life?-*

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
I just made a life wizard and got him to like level 8. I was wondering how life is at soloing, and what mount to get him. All responses are greatly appreciated.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Sonny777 wrote:
I just made a life wizard and got him to like level 8. I was wondering how life is at soloing, and what mount to get him. All responses are greatly appreciated.

Life is my second favorite school (death is first). It is the best choice in a lot of ways. Good cast %, damage is good (though not great), good health, good mana. If you take death as a secondary, you will get feint at level 26. If you also buy spirit blade at lvl 25 and spirit trap at lvl 20, you will be a very strong combat machine, who can heal with ease.
>>>I dislike two of life's special quests...one is to redo the tower near Mr. Lincoln (lvl 18??) and at lvl 28 you get called on to do (redo) Sunken City. Life's minion at 3 pips is one too high for what it does.
>>>No real reason to craft, usually you do it so at lvl 28-30 you can craft the lvl 42 card...but it is so common on items it doesn't make sense to really go out of the way to push.
>>>I'd suggest death as a secondary though eint, then ice through tower shield.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I soloed most of the game with a life wizard even the towers in DS. It just took me a little longer to complete some quests.

Also, as a life wizard, i seldom use my secondary schools. I would suggest using training points to get feint and of course spirit blade and spirit trap.

The wand/sword I use is death. This gives me shards that will remove death shields from the life creatures in order for prism to work. The one thing I have noticed over and over is that Life creatures will shield against death, but death never shields against life.

Recently I have made a habit to put extra prisms in treasure deck along with a few non life school cards. I use those cards when I do not get a prism or when I get bad cards.

At higher levels, and using the keen eyes treasure card you can make healing cards and pass them to your other wizards using a TRUSTED friend. This I have done many times. No the dryad made with keen eyes does not heal for 220 per pip as the normal dryad treasure card, but it does heal for 200 and will not fizzle. (Can't beat that.)

I have several other wizards, but so far my life is by far my favorite.

I do hope this advice helps you, and you enjoy your life wizard as much as I have enjoyed playing mine.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 life
Current badge: Blood of the Giants

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
i am just wondering..

which school or trainer i can find the spell SPIRIT TRAP/SPIRIT SHIELD?

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
I have also noticed not seeing life shields. Though it has low damage te immense about of enemies that are death give me a small boost. I currently have a Grandmaster Storm wizard alos, so i was going for the opposite of storm in a way, life having high health and accuracy, but low damage. Ty for the advice so far, anyone else have input?

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
darkvhedz wrote:
i am just wondering..

Spirit Trap you can get from Niles in krokotopia on the krokosphinx.
As for the shields, you need to be balance to use

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
darkvhedz wrote:
i am just wondering..

You can find Spirit Trap and Spirit Blade at Niles, the balance tree on the same island as the krokosphinx in Krokotopia.

As for Spirit Shield (the one that shields for 50% against death, myth, and life) that is a balance only spell.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Earthbreaker Level 50 Balance
Hannah Summerglade Level 33 Fire